Who Will Sweep Up the Spring/Summer 2018 Shows?

^ Yup, that was before BM and JS were added. Adding them now! Also, will it be a very gutsy thing of me to see Gigi as the Top 10 walker by the end of this season?

I feel like I've seen Charlee Fraser quite often, too!

I think Charlee is leading so far. And Selena Forrest for the top shows.

Scientists everywhere are still struggling to explain her success.

Every model (apart from the 'trinity') in a nutshell actually.

Anyway, I can confirm Charlee's lead. She has 12 shows currently (11 minus Day 0 shows). Gigi has the most show open/close total. We're halfway through NYFW but we're not even a quarter within the full season yet.

Thylane post some picture in NY with her book and tag #NYFW do you guys think she can get some?

If i'm not mistaken Charlee Fraser and Cong He walked the most shows.

I know this isn't related to the topic but did anyone noticed Ralph Lauren's cast list got deleted? I was about to do my counting stuff and noticed it went away from the Showlist thread.

^It was moved to another thread since he's still showing Fall 2017.

^It was moved to another thread since he's still showing Fall 2017.

Ah yes, found that one. And seems like I found out the cast doesn't differ much from the F/W show apart from the inclusion of the male models...

So, I guess some quick stats on NYFW here based solely on TFS' showlists, may be inaccurate compared MDC's count:
NYFW Top 10 (provisional)
1. Charlee Fraser - 18 shows (C:2)
2. McKenna Hellam - 16 shows (C:1)
3. Cong He - 14 shows
4. Birgit Kos - 13 shows (O:1/C:2)
5. Cara Taylor - 12 shows (O:2/C:2)
6. Camille Hurel - 12 shows (O:1)
7. Kiki Willems, Léa Julian, Sora Choi - 12 shows
10. Aira Ferreira, Jay Jankowska - 11 shows (O:1)

NYFW Top Shows
1. Léa Julian - 10 shows
2. Cong He, McKenna Hellam - 9 shows
4. Kiki Willems - 8 shows
5. Bella Hadid, Birgit Kos - 7 shows (O:1/C:2)
7. Cara Taylor - 7 shows (C:1)
8. Faretta - 7 shows (O:1)
9. Camille Hurel - 7 shows
10. Selena Forrest - 6 shows (O:1/C:1)

Others
Gigi Hadid has the most accumulated show open/closes with 5 (O:3/C:2) in addition with most show opens for this city, Karlie Kloss tails behind with 4 but with most show closes (O:1/C:3).

Other notes: Many media would think Kaia Gerber "shut down" NYFW, but I guess I beg to differ: Bella Hadid and Birgit Kos have been strong here, but given that I know who would media pick between these two, I'd say it's Birgit who deserves it. McKenna and Cong He both did well also and I won't mind if you would also think it was either of those two who "shut it down".

Here's to London!

Yay for McKenna!! She's gorgeous and I've always thought she'd do well. Also Cara has grown on me, very versatile.

To be fair with Kaia and the media, she's gotten then most attention out of New York Fashion Week both in fashion publications and social media. Even my non fashion friends know her now, so she probably will be success story of NYFW.

Yay for McKenna!! She's gorgeous and I've always thought she'd do well. Also Cara has grown on me, very versatile.

To be fair with Kaia and the media, she's gotten then most attention out of New York Fashion Week both in fashion publications and social media. Even my non fashion friends know her now, so she probably will be success story of NYFW.

Can't argue with that, but I kinda wished that the hype doesn't go overboard because, I'll be honest, I like her, and I want to appreciate Kaia without thinking about the fact that she's related to Cindy Crawford. She's a damn good newcomer this season after all :D

At the same time I wanted the media to appreciate the other models too, be it a newcomer or a breakout newcomer from previous season(s), because I feel like people should need to see the modeling world beyond Kaia and certain others you know (which I won't mention here). That might be just my 2c but I'd appreciate if anyone would chip in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't argue with that, but I kinda wished that the hype doesn't go overboard because, I'll be honest, I like her, and I want to appreciate Kaia without thinking about the fact that she's related to Cindy Crawford. She's a damn good newcomer this season after all :D

At the same time I wanted the media to appreciate the other models too, be it a newcomer or a breakout newcomer from previous season(s), because I feel like people should need to see the modeling world beyond Kaia and certain others you know (which I won't mention here). That might be just my 2c but I'd appreciate if anyone would chip in.

Remember when Waleska, Julia Bergshoef and Maartje did 20 to 25 shows in NYFW but the media was all about Gigi and Kendall? Saying they were the top models of NYFW.

Cindy is a very intelligent woman hopefully Kaia is managed and mentored well.

Remember when Waleska, Julia Bergshoef and Maartje did 20 to 25 shows in NYFW but the media was all about Gigi and Kendall? Saying they were the top models of NYFW.

Cindy is a very intelligent woman hopefully Kaia is managed and mentored well.

I didn't pay attention on that the first time I'm drawn into this whole fashion week business in general, but man, ithat was utterly depressing. But then again, justice doesn't exist when social media followers is a way of justifying success... :(

On a more positive note: yup, glad that Kaia has the best mentor there is!

I didn't pay attention on that the first time I'm drawn into this whole fashion week business in general, but man, ithat was utterly depressing. But then again, justice doesn't exist when social media followers is a way of justifying success... :(

On a more positive note: yup, glad that Kaia has the best mentor there is!

TBH everyone is much more nicer to Kaia than they were to Kendall or the Hadid sisters. I remember going to Gigi's thread early in her career and most of the comments were negative. Vogue, WWD and GQ has already written articles calling Kaia a supermodel so they are definitely on her bandwagon. Kendall had to earn her stripes to get recognition from fashion crowd, and I mean up to now most people think she's more of a celebrity model.

TBH everyone is much more nicer to Kaia than they were to Kendall or the Hadid sisters. I remember going to Gigi's thread early in her career and most of the comments were negative. Vogue, WWD and GQ has already written articles calling Kaia a supermodel so they are definitely on her bandwagon. Kendall had to earn her stripes to get recognition from fashion crowd, and I mean up to now most people think she's more of a celebrity model.

Hmm what has Kendall done to improve her modelling skills? I'm still not impressed by her work after all these years of 'earning her stripes.' Kaia, on the other hand, has a strong and commanding presence on the runway and this proves she actually put in the effort into becoming a professional model, which I believe is the reason she is welcomed by so many more people than the hadids and kardashian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->