Who Will Sweep Up the Spring 2016 Shows?

Hurricane Montero :woot: Mica put on a good fight tho, good to see a MOC leading the pack for once. :heart:

I have to say that I am excited about this current crop of models (minus the socialites). The diversity of this new group makes me so happy. Karly Loyce was the standout for me in New York. Every time I saw her I did a double take. So stunning. :heart: I'm impatiently awaiting for Antonia Wilson to show up this season. Hopefully she walks more than just Gucci.

New York S/S 2016 Top Walkers
(15 shows or more)
23 Shows
Lineisy Montero

22 Shows
Mica Arganaraz

20 Shows
Harleth Kuusik

19 Shows
Alexandra Elizabeth
Greta Varlese
Mona Matsuoka
Vanessa Moody

18 Shows
Maartje Verhoef
Romy Schönberger

17 Shows
Julie Hoomans

16 Shows
Waleska Gorczevski
Stasha Yatchuk

15 Shows
Ine Neefs
Irina Djuranovic
Yumi Lambert

Last edited by a moderator:
New York Spring/Summer 2016 Top Show Openers and Closers
(Opened or closed 3 or more shows)

8 Shows

Vanessa Moody
Open: Altuzarra/Lacoste/Oscar de la Renta/Tory Burch
Close: DKNY/Gabriela Cadena/Michael Kors/Public School

5 Shows

Maartje Verhoef
Open: DKNY
Close: Coach/Derek Lam/Narciso Rodriguez/Oscar de la Renta

4 Shows

Mica Arganaraz
Open: Edun/Gabriela Cadena
Close: Rag and Bone/Vera Wang

Gigi Hadid
Open: Anna Sui/Jeremy Scott
Close: Diane von Furstenberg/Tommy Hilfiger

3 Shows

Aamito Lagum
Open: Creatures of the Wind/Suno
Close: Ohne Titel

Yumi Lambert
Open: Tome
Close: ADEAM/Tadashi Shoji

Irina Kravchenko
Open: Jonathan Simkkhai
Close: Delpozo/Sally LaPointe

Rianne van Rompaey
Open: Rag and Bone
Close: Altuzarra/Diesel Black Gold

I'm so happy to see a MOC lead the amount of shows walked. But, if there was an MVP award, I'd definitely give to to Vanessa Moody. Opening or closing more than 40% of the shows you walk in is pure madness!

Mica babe we lost a fight but not the war.Europe is coming!:lol::wink:

So happy for Lineisy! I hope this continues in Europe, she might fall off in London but I see her having an amazing run in Milan and Paris.

I too am excited about the recent crop of new models, I haven't been excited for models like this since Karlie debuted at Calvin Klein in 2007.

Respect for Yumi and Waleska. Still doing blue chip shows after being present for 4 or more seasons.

^ i know, i barely notice her, vanessa moody and hedvig and they're everywhere!

I think I'm the only one who doesn't accept Lineisy's booking so many shows at all. What's so special in this girl?

I felt Vanessa was everywhere... Good for her for so many opening and closing spots, but I was kind of sick of her already at the beginning of NYFW.
My guess is that she will continue like this in europe.

Hedvig has walked a few b list shows, quite unlike her. Maybe thats why it feels like she hasn't been anywhere, it certainly felt that way for me.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't accept Lineisy's booking so many shows at all. What's so special in this girl?

She is breathtaking to me, but maybe not your cup of tea, we are all different. Maybe it's just a difference of opinion and taste?
I've got to say, even if one disregards her face, and let's say she was bland like Maartje for instance who walked heaps of shows last season (which I don't consider Lineisy to be) it is amazing that for once it is a model of color.
That in itself is a big win for everyone I think.
I do not wish to offend anyone, that is just my opinion, and like I said, we are all different.

She is breathtaking to me, but maybe not your cup of tea, we are all different. Maybe it's just a difference of opinion and taste?
I've got to say, even if one disregards her face, and let's say she was bland like Maartje for instance who walked heaps of shows last season (which I don't consider Lineisy to be) it is amazing that for once it is a model of color.
That in itself is a big win for everyone I think.
I do not wish to offend anyone, that is just my opinion, and like I said, we are all different.

Let's say she is bland Iike Maartje? I don't find Maartje bland at all, but Lineisy incredibly boring. I don't get it what the fuss around her is all about, but yeah we are all different.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really get Lineisy either. I was in awe when I was watching the Prada livestream last season but she hasn't lived up to that moment afterwards. She looks odd and frightened on the runway and bland in print.

But I don't get Maartje either. She's the blandest of all right now. Very pretty though, just awfully bland. But that's the trend right now.

Well, it isn't strange that rather bland faces (how bland they are are very subjective) are the top walkers in quantity, because they fit every kind of aesthetic. Maartje is so boring to me, but she can look sweet, fierce, beautiful and everything in between and her body is amazing.

Meet the 8 New Faces of Spring 2016

Every season, young women from all over the world gather in New York, London, Milan, and Paris for the sole purpose of wearing clothes and strutting down a runway. It’s a funny profession if you think about it, akin to being a human coat hanger, but yet without these genetically-blessed creatures the designers can’t sell their wares, and plus, they are really beautiful to look at! We asked famed casting director Piergiorgio del Moro, who works with every major designer and magazines of note, to predict who are the girls to watch for Spring 2016.

yahoo

Julia Fleming, Greta, Irina D and Jamila are my fav, beautiful girls and great walk.

also Angel Rutledge

Vera van Erp and Julia Fleming are perfect :wub: also very happy to see Lulu at J.W. Anderson today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->