Louis Vuitton F/W 09.10 : Madonna by Steven Meisel

That's better than last season yes (it would be difficult to do worth... :rolleyes:) but... ewwww, how many hours did they spend to photoshop her face, terryfying!!

Please, bring back a model for the next LV campaign.

horrible. hope the rest is better.

Would have been perfect if you replaced Madonna with Stam! That ad screams Stam to me.

I still don't get the Barbie badas$ vibe of the collection...I need the sl*tty Madonna with open legs and kamasutra poses of the SS09 ad!

seriously, i like it because it actually looks nothing like madonna... they used her eyes and lips and the rest is made up plus love the colours.

Eeeerk... It's ... Terribly awful because of a lot of things. Already Madonna to embody a luxury brand, it's a fatal error lol
She doesn't deliver any elegance, she's not even beautiful ! And her face... I don't know, there's something which bothers me, I mean, she has a set expression, it's very weird... And her make-up is so vulgar ! Pink lips, really, it's so ridiculous !
Anyway, I wasn't expecting better !

Didn't like the last campaign and don't like this one either!!!
She looks dead, which is absolutely creepy!!
What happened to the edgy, fashionable ad campaign?

To be honest, I blame this more on Meisel then on Madonna. Madonna has in the recent past shown that she is not afraid to go for unconventional photoshoots that do not necesarilly go for beauty. Look at her work with Steven Klein.

In contrast with her 3 recent shoots with Meisel which were all VERY heavily photoshopped to make her look like a marble greek statue. I think it's Meisel's thing to use photoshop to create an image of perfection. Compare these shots for instance with Madonna's Vanity Fair shoot which she did with Meisel. Her face has the same kind of style in it. Very pristine, porcelain and statuesque. I think it's mostly Meisel's art direction at work here...

Yeah but the last campaign was still grounded in some sort of realism, it had a gritty feel to it and she looked no where near as plastic as she does here.

I get that this is probably the look that Miesel is going for but it's getting to a point where I wouldnt be surprised if they just used CGI characters instead of actual models or celebs. I mean why did Madonna even bother showing up from the shoot, it looks like a bad cut and paste job.

It saddens me aswell because they have done such amazing work together in the past and this is the kinda rubbish that is now being produced.......she looks like a pixar character.

Well,i don't love it.But to me it works because it's a very Madonna by Steven campaign.Would i have wanted it to better than this?yes.But i'll take it.I'm very curious to see the others.

Well it's terrible, but it does what it's supposed.
I'm drawn to the bag.
I'm sure women will be too and they would buy it!

I don't mind Madonna and her age isn't an issue, but for me, she doesn't bring anything to LV, and she wouldn't motivate me to buy one single item from the brand. That said, the sense of failure is focused on Madonna, but I suspect the fault doesn't lie with her at all.

Yeah but the last campaign was still grounded in some sort of realism, it had a gritty feel to it and she looked no where near as plastic as she does here.

I get that this is probably the look that Miesel is going for but it's getting to a point where I wouldnt be surprised if they just used CGI characters instead of actual models or celebs. I mean why did Madonna even bother showing up from the shoot, it looks like a bad cut and paste job.

It saddens me aswell because they have done such amazing work together in the past and this is the kinda rubbish that is now being produced.......she looks like a pixar character.

how you wanna know this wasn't exactly what happened? :lol:

Are we sure LVMH didn't rob Madame Tussaud's for Madonna's wax figure and photograph it and stick it in this ad?

Eniko would be great for this louis vuitton ad campaign, madonna looks terribly old, but anyway the b*tch sells bags, so that's good for Vuitton.

It looks like an unveiling of madonna's new wax figure... I actually liked last season's adds this one is downright weird!

It looks like an unveiling of madonna's new wax figure... I actually liked last season's adds this one is downright weird!

Hahaha! i love the use of "DOWNRIGHT WEIRD"! Yeah, I actually agree with you. It looks like Madonna but not her! Do you get it! It's like they used a wax copy of her for this ad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->