Predict Style.com's Top Ten New Faces for S/S 09

miwa

Reaction score
Marc Jacobs has passed so I think it's time we start our predictions, no? ^_^

For those who don't know what this thread is about, here's a great detailed explanation by youarearockstar:
For those unfamiliar with this thread, I'll explain it briefly. At the end of every season, the editors of Style.com create a few Top Ten lists for beauty looks, collections, and for new models. For the last few years now, tFS members have had an on-going game of sorts, where we analyze and scrutinize castings to determine who stands the best shot of being one of those Top Ten Newcomers.

So before we start speculating, just a few things to remember before posting in this thread:

1. This point of this thread is to predict and discuss. It is not a conversation medium for whether or not you like a particular show's castings. While cast lists from a particular show may certainly be referenced, this is also not the same as the Model ID thread; please take identification oriented questions there instead.

2. While everyone is certainly welcome to help speculate and interpret the castings, just remember that Style.com hardly repeats names (except for Kim Noorda three times a few years ago). If you need a reminder of who has already been named on a previous list, please see the link below:
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/ed...ive/index.html

3. Unfortunately, there is no finite definition for 'Newcomer.' Because of this, sometimes a model who only did two shows the season before may be considered 'new' whereas another who worked the season before may not. Please be considerate of other posters who may have a different opinion of which models may be considered new.
(I hope you don't mind I copied this. :unsure:)

These are my guesses so far:
Pernille Moeller
Constance Jablonski
Yulia Kharlapanova
Diana Farkhullina
Anna Selezneva (I'm pretty sure she'll be exclusive at Calvin Klein + the whole hype)
Arlenis Sosa Pena (doing good at NY so far and again the hype)

That's all I can think at the top of my head. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Constance is most definitely the stand-out in NY for me so far :heart:

Early predictions:

Anna Selezneva
Arlenis Sosa Pena
Constance Jablonski
Charlotte Hoyer (most likely a Calvin exclusive)
Katrin Thormann
Natalia Chabanenko

ETA: I forgot about Katrin.. I agree!

Constance is most definitely the stand-out in NY for me so far :heart:

Constance Jablonski
Lakshmi Menon
Aline Weber
Edita Vilkeviciute
Eniko Mihalik
Imogen Morris Clark
Anna Selezneva

Constance Jablonski
Lakshmi Menon
Anna Selezneva
Arlenis Sosa
I really hope Natalia Chabanenko is on there, as well.

Viktoriya Sasonkina
Natalia Chabanenko
Anna Selezneva

I think there are only a few lock ins by this time...Arlenis and Viktoriya mainly. Maybe Lakshmi. Other contesters have to be Pernille and Katrin. I have no doubt Anna S will kill it in Europe and will be at CK in 15 minutes, so yeah her too. Has Toni ever been on the list?

the CK exclusives are in (thanks to Faith & yaars!) :clap:

Anna Selezneva
Charlotte Hoyer
Sophie Srej

^There is nothing but great news in that post, so YAY! :clap:

And I wanna throw in Zuzana Gregorova as well...she has done a lot of major shows this week!

I think there are only a few lock ins by this time...Arlenis and Viktoriya mainly. Maybe Lakshmi. Other contesters have to be Pernille and Katrin. I have no doubt Anna S will kill it in Europe and will be at CK in 15 minutes, so yeah her too. Has Toni ever been on the list?

No because she was a worldwide exclusive and if the new CK girls will be worldwide too then I doubt they will make it to the list but I can really see Toni on the list this season.

Ahh right...well there has been one worldwide exclusive that made it to the list before and that was Suvi Koponen when she was a Prada exclusive....

Anya Kazakova
Arlenis Sosa
Liu Wen
Katrin Thormann
Charlotte Hoyer

I'm not sure how Arlenis will do in Europe but the other 4 will have a ridiculous season....i reckon ^_^

Its still too early to say only after NY as it happened few times before a girl can have great season in NY and do almost nothing in Europe (Oxana Pautova...) so far i few girls i believe can do well in Europe too:
Anya Kazakova
Sigrid Agren - I love her!!! She is gorgeous!
Yulia Kharloponova
Viktoriya Sasonkina - sept VOGUE italia girl cannot do any bad...she is the next Stam for me
Natalia Chabanenko - her face is sooo adorable but her legs .. well i will be really mean i would say she has the worst legs i have noticed this season :innocent:
Constance Jablonski - beautiful sort of Agnette mixed with Julia Dunstall and somehow also Jessica Miller

I dont want to put too many on the list to have a chance to add some more later...i am still hesitating as i didnt have much time to go through all the shows yet....

^^^ agree with Viktoriya Sasonkina - shes DEFINITELY going to be there.

The 3 Calvin Klein exclusives will be on there.

And obviously any girl that opens Prada, Balenciaga and/or Miu Miu will be on there.

Oh and that New Zealander who scored a Prada exclusive. Forgot her name :ninja:

^^^ agree with Viktoriya Sasonkina - shes DEFINITELY going to be there.

The 3 Calvin Klein exclusives will be on there.

And obviously any girl that opens Prada, Balenciaga and/or Miu Miu will be on there.

Oh and that New Zealander who scored a Prada exclusive. Forgot her name :ninja:

Maybe, but they will have higher chances if they have a city exclusive and walk more shows in the other cities. I don't think the Calvin exclusives will make it if they are worldwide exclusive except there aren't many other girls with a great season.

Yeah, Prada/Miu Miu worldwide exclusives usually aren't considered for the list until the following season. As Mr. Dale said, the last one to make it during the same season was Suvi in S/S 07.

I think this season's Calvins were just NY exclusives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moddydoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->