Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the hype is probably deserved -- most of us have liked stella for adidas much more than the straight up Stella McCartney designs... so she's clearly got a lot of energy and inspiration when it comes to (teehee) proletariat experiments.

I didn't actually like any of the Lagerfeld stuff and it's interesting to attribute that to a couturier working with cheap fabrics -- he couldn't really work his talents with what H&M gave him to work with. I'd put money on piece-meal Stella H&M bits though... Now if only I could grab myself some of that Stella for adidas goodness..... <g> Regardless, as softgrey said, more cheap designer clothes is always good!

They could invert it. Joe Average the designer gets Chanel Haute Couture for a month. Now that would be interesting...

^ Oh man, now that's a novel proposition! <g> Do you think we'd ever see the like? Can you imagine how sumptuous that would be? I mean, i guess that's the general idea behind a number of the minimalist designers, but ... good to daydream on. Thanks PrinceOfCats! :flower:

I'm eh to the idea. H&M is all about it's loud-ish colours, and that's not very Stella IMO.

Hope it turns out great though...

mishahoi said:
the fashion world was first turned upside down when instead of highfashion society influencing those of the mass market, the "street" fashions started influencing high fashion. now not only is the high society world taking inspiration from the street, but theyre selling it back to them!

have you ever had a cat? notice how they follow you from the front? that is, they act like they are leading you around, but all the while they are turning and looking over their shoulder,making sure you are still there!

fashion and music are just like that!

meme

I don't really like either of them (Stella nor H&M), but that's quite an interesting collaboration. Both parties are gonna get so much profit from all this. Great idea.

H&M are really ahead of the cheap chic pack......

Wait until Zara hops on the bandwagon...... :wink:

I am excited about this. I wasn't excited about the Lagerfeld H&M line at all-I checked it out and it did nothing for me. The campaign did a lot for it. I was dissapointed.I never used to like H&M but a few months ago they brought out a new line, which is all skinny jeans and trousers and 70's style tops in block colours, like beige, grey and black. It's not hippy chic in any way, more Studio 54. If the Stella line is anything like that, I'm happy.

i'm really looking forward to seeing this too. Love stella's designs so i'm interested to see what she'll do for h&m. but i agree, karl's designs did nothing for me, can't believe they sold out so fast....

the stella stuff is flying off the shelves at adidas..
i saw it...
some really amazing pieces...and at $65 for a tank top...
you really can't beat it...
plus it's adidas regular quality...which is always good...

i am looking forward to this h&m collaboration...:

meme527 said:
have you ever had a cat? notice how they follow you from the front? that is, they act like they are leading you around, but all the while they are turning and looking over their shoulder,making sure you are still there!

fashion and music are just like that!

meme

such a great analogy:flower::meow:

funny...i was just thinking the same thing...
as my cat was 'leading' me around the house...
:lol:

I don´t like Stella´s designs but it´s interesting what´s the result of this collaboration.

The thing I'm waiting towards is the ad campaing...Who will be the model or will they use celebrity..

And Karls desings flying off the shelves as H&M people put it.. I got the black chiffon dress for 29.95 euros :rolleyes: after three months it hit the stores . Really.

We'll wait and see..I'm surely buying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktkees1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->