Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwwwwwwwwww, i cant wait to see! love Stella and like H&M prices a lot! hehe

mishahoi said:
i wish H&M would get into the asian market.:cry: .. i think they would achieve a level of success... zara seems to do well... they just opened another store in tokyo:o

I agree with mishahoi... Wish H&M will step into Singapore!
:heart: H&M !!

PrinceOfCats said:
The whole thing about Karl selling so fast is a complete fabrication. I saw KL for H&M over a month after it came out...

And how the devil is Stella 'British tailoring'? She cuts a mean sackcloth...

They still had the Lagerfeld cocktail dress in the sale last month at Newcastle's h&m.

In terms of Stellas H&M Collection I really hope that they sort out the awful sizing they had last time, my Lagerfeld blouse was huge, and it was supposedly the smallest size, I still completely agree with Karl's backlash at h&m due to sizing matters.

I look forward to seeing how it goes down this year though.

Last edited by a moderator:
indie said:
The thing I'm waiting towards is the ad campaing...Who will be the model or will they use celebrity..

And Karls desings flying off the shelves as H&M people put it.. I got the black chiffon dress for 29.95 euros :rolleyes: after three months it hit the stores . Really.

We'll wait and see..I'm surely buying something.

My bet is on Kate Moss modeling it, I look forward to seeing who it is, and i agree with Softgrey about the adidas pieces, they look great and the colours are spot on.

I loved the KL collection in photos but the real thing wasn't that appealing. I know I didn't buy anything even though I'd love to own something by Karl. It was really the fabric quality that didn't do it for me. Hopefully Stella's collection will be better...

090705_1.jpg

A sketch from Stella McCartney's H&M collection.

here comes the update on Stella's H&M collection, now out Nov.10
extracts from a wwd article of today :flower:

If any stylish young women are late for work come Nov. 10, they just might be queuing up at H&M.

The Swedish fast-fashion giant expects an extra rush that day, when its one-time Stella McCartney for H&M collection arrives in some 400 of its doors.

The launch, an encore to last year's collaboration with Karl Lagerfeld, will be backed by a major advertising campaign starring Kate Moss wearing items like a hand-embroidered jacket that will be produced in limited quantities.

Andersson said the McCartney label would be stocked in selective locations —only one-third of its vast network — with better quantities of some items mixed in with exclusive pieces like the embroidered jacket. "It should sell out, but not too quickly," he said of the line. "We believe it should be democratic and available to everyone."

To that end, shoppers in 22 countries will be directed via ads or the Internet to locations that stock the collection — with few mall-based locations among them. "The fashion-interested woman tends to buy her fashions downtown," Andersson said.

McCartney's 40-piece collection will be displayed in designated shop-in-shops within H&M stores. Inspired by previous McCartney collections, the greatest hits line will span such items as ankle-zip skinny jeans, tailored suits, gem-toned evening dresses, slouchy sweaters and T-shirts with quirky prints. Prices will be toward the upper end of H&M range, with blouses around 30 euros, or about $38 at current exchange, and coats running up to about 149 euros, or about $187, Andersson said.

"She did a Stella collection. We didn't interfere with the design," he noted.

good call Ms.D on Kate Moss!!

I'm really excited to see this as I have a soft spot for stella and her design aescethic...my only concern will be the fits

fact

Ms. Diorella - the fact is that :heart: Kate's going to model for the collection!

Can't wait 'til I see the whole collection!

FRIENDS IN HIGH FASHION
spacer.gif
H&M is expecting a serious rush when it unveils its one-off collection by Stella McCartney on November 10, not least because Kate Moss will be the face of it. The collection, preceded by a similar project by Karl Lagerfeld last season that caused shopping chaos in and outside H&M stores worldwide, comprises 30 pieces and will go on sale at approximately 400 stores across 22 countries. Shot by Mario Sorrenti, Kate, who wears a limited-edition hand-embroidered jacket for the campaign, will appear in print ads in Europe and across America. "This one-off collection is a 'best of' Stella McCartney," says Stella. "So many people come up to me and say 'I love your designs but could never afford them'. This collaboration is a great way to speak to a wider audience and let them get to know me and my designs better." (September 7 2005, AM)

(From Vogue.com)

KATE MOSS!OMG! :heart: :heart:

I will be camping front of the H&M store this time. :heart:

Thanks Lena &juicemajor for the articles!

really cant wait for this! just hope i have the money to spend on it and havent become a poor student by then:ninja:

thanks for the info lena:flower:

PrinceOfCats said:
They could invert it. Joe Average the designer gets Chanel Haute Couture for a month. Now that would be interesting...
Now that's an idea! :lol:
These things are always so overhyped IMO, I didn't see one thing I liked in the Karl Lagerfeld for H&M collection. I'm really glad about Kate being the face for it though.

i hope the store in san francisco is open by then (probably not...)

thanks for posting lena! :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktkees1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->