Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quirky, that's strange! H&M skirts are usually a bit biggish on me but this one, smallest size, fit well. Or maybe I gained weight? :ninja:

+ to add, there is absolutely no hype here over the line. We didn't get the full collection, though..just some stuff here and there, but it's no zoo here for sure.. (live in Prague, btw)

With so much hype around, I just had to check the collection out for myself. When I arrived in H&M, I was taken aback by the lack of fuss surrounding the collection in store, that for a moment (but just a moment) I had to doubt where the collection was. But eventually I found it - In a dingy section behind the stair case. The bad positioning aside, the clothes themselves were more than disappointing. I often found myself questioning whether they were really in the collection, but the fancy hangers they had especially prepared banished my doubts. The clothes' quality was crudely poor, the materials felt inferiorly thin and the designs could only be said as average at the most, although the price tags begged to differ. The collection was obviously overpriced. My conclusion? Avoid!......

Hanne said:
You're right you're not technically violating the rules retrogurl, but the purpose of this thread isn't swapping so kindly refrain from posting more posts on swapping :flower:

ook cuz i read the rules before i posted and didn't say anyting about swapping, but if i did, im sorry :blush: kinda new to this forum so don't really know what's "right" or "wrong" but thanks for the tip!!:rolleyes:

Mrs.Smith said:
Does anyone know if the collection was available everywhere(I don't mean every single store but in every region/country that has h&m)? I think that Lagerfeld wasn't in Eastern Europe, e.g., wich is IMO very unfair.

hm.. last year when the lagerfeld collection was out, i was in prague and I remember seeing huge (on a really big house) ads for the collection..

Yeah there was Lagerfeld in Prague last year. That was a bit more hyped that McCartney.

Last edited by a moderator:
they aren't here anymore...
they were soldout in a few minutes... :(

Today I went again to H&M and there was so much left in both stores. In all sizes. They also will restock the collection. So I'm not in a hurry to buy the coat. I will try it on next week.

I was in 2 different H&M stores in Dublin today and yesterday, and nobody seemed to give a rats **** about the Stella collection :o I don't think her style is particularly admired over here, and I didnt' like the collection at all apart from the tuxedo. It seemed a bit 80's and I'm extremely curious to find out who is actually going to buy pale silk hotpants when the windchill around here means it's close to zero degrees most days :lol: It's not my personal style at all and to be honest I thought it was a big baggy/ sloppy/ mishapen :blink:

I don't think it's going to be a huge hit in the Irish stores, not the way it is in England. People in Dublin tend to buy what suits them, rather than the label on the item.

so here's a pic of my shirt:
ImageHandler.ashx

from my style diary

i think the collection is nice, it's just not everybody's style. lagerfeld was for everyone, but not a lot of people are into the oversized look. plus it looks best when you're really really thin.

nay... don't think that lagerfeld was for everyone..
I didn't like any of the pieces

I don't understand what's going on.... ...this is beyond ridiculous.. such hype surrounding such a boring collaboration btwn an overyhyped designer and H&M......!

I just had to post that report from the first day on that blog that someone gave us the link to, because it has to be read by everyone. This girl is a great writer.

<H2 class=date>November 10, 2005
In, Literally, Fashion

It seems like just three hours ago that the Stella McCartney line arrived at H&M. Oh, it was just three hours ago. But it might as well be a dream from yesteryear cuz that sh*t is all sold out now, snoozers.
That was maybe the most crazy scene in which I've ever found myself. b*tches were grabbing and yelling, and some photographer kept flashing in my face, capturing my lovely expression, which I'm sure was a mixture of grasping greed and total fear. Some dude flexed on a mannequin and it went crashing to the ground. Near the front window, a group of ladies decided to forego trying to negotiate the racks and opted to start clawing the clothing off the mannequins. Store employees rushed over to pry their fingers from the cheap silk, the mannequins now standing disheveled, plastic nippel-less breasts exposed for all Michigan Avenue to see. The situation around the center table (upon which all the skinny-fit jeans had been piled) was not unlike Heysel stadium, where we enacted some bizarro game of Pit, all wild hand gestures and cracking "I got a Small, who's got an Extra Small? I need an Extra Small, I'll trade you? What do you have? Oh a medium? WHO HAS AN EXTRA SMALL?!?!" Most remarkably, over all the din was the booming voice of a friendly employee pleading "Ladies? Ladies? WHOSE CHILDREN ARE THESE?" in reference to a double-stroller that had been ditched in a corner, containing two little motherless and sobbing toddlers.
But really, kids, you think you're cryin' now, just wait until Mommy doesn't get her chainlink belt and has to work her anger out on somebody.
Women are so awesomely weird.

Posted by sarahb at November 10, 2005 01:06 PM | Comments (4)
</H2>

I like the two items I bought soooo much. I bought the satin sweater with bows in blue and I really regret not buying the other color, so on monday I'm going to look for it. I really hope someone returned it...

scara said:
i heard that galliano will be the next one to work with h&m

I heard alexander mcQueen, I like galliano more, but I think the mcQueen designs will be more wearable for "real life"

I'm sooo happy there are not really "fashionable" people in my area. Nobody I know know who stella is and they didn't know about her collection for h&m (a bit of a shocker lol) but now I will be the only one who wears the items :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktkees1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->