US Vogue April 2012 : Jennifer Lopez by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Jourdann Dunn in Victoria Beckham, shot by Patrick Demarchelier

twitter/jimshi809

Wonderful cover. Jennifer looks gorgeous as always! Can't wait to see a preview of the issue.

I can't stand J-Lo but this is a great cover. It's a lot better than the stuff they've been giving us which really suck. I've kind of stopped expecting too much from Vogue, because they always put out the same stuff. But this is a nice surprise.

I can see how the cover can be appreciated, but it still does nothing for me. Besides, Jennifer Lopez? Really? She's enough to warrant not purchasing this issue.

Ohh wowwwww Jourdan looks crazy sexy!!! Love her!

Jourdan had better WERK! US Vogue's content slays their competition.

I really was hoping for a year of 'New Cover Stars'.....I need to see Emma Stone on the cover VERY soon!

Hmm let me check the actual facts:

January 2012: Meryl Streep, 'New Cover Star'
February 2012: Taylor Swift, 'New Cover Star'
March 2012: Adele, 'New Cover Star'
April: Jennifer Lopez, granted not a 'New Cover Star', but this is her first cover after January 2005.

So it's looking quite good 'New Cover Star-wise'... :innocent:

So it's looking quite good 'New Cover Star-wise'... :innocent:

I know, thats what i getting at. Meryl, Taylor and Adele were all brand new. Being hailed for being 'New'.

I would just like to have seen the likes of Emma Stone or Emily Blunt on the cover of Vogue US. Or and Older face that hasnt been given the recognition like Tilda Swinton.

They have hit the proverbial nail on the head giving the cover to Tina Fey, Carey Mulligan, Emma Watson, Rachel McAdams and Rooney Mara in the past...but revert back to those unwanted repeats.

I would have just liked a fully new set of cover girls. 2005 or not, Jenny From the Block isnt new.

^I would LOVE to see Tilda get the cover at some point! She's amazing!

Jourdann looks fantastic in that preview, thanks for posting. Looking forward to see the content of this issue. I feel like Shape and Age issue are the most interesting in its features.

I don't get all the hate about J. Lo. Sorry but I'm a huge fan of hers since she rose to fame that's why I said that.

I just love this cover. Since I'm not much of a Jennifer Lopez fan I can say that I am not biased and she looks positively gorgeous here. Mert and Marcus have done an amazing job and the cover looks so fresh. Truly amazing!

So what was her photoshoot with Testino the other month and the Vogue team was there too??

I dont mean to be a hater but how is she relevant to get the cover? maybe a new movie to promote?
And the cover itself is nothing special, maybe the editorial will be better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->