US Vogue April 2018 : Kendall Jenner by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Let me start of by saying that I like the artistic feel of theimage, or is it the quality of the scan? Either way, I like that. It's probably the most fashiony cover they've done since Daisy's.
But how on earth did Kendall get a solo cover when she's not much of a model nor celebrity??? Both her and Gigi now each have three US Vogue covers (a rarity!!), but Kendall's two are OG. Are people really that interested in her??

Last edited by a moderator:
Kendall's last solo cover was the top seller of 2016... I have been told. She was due for another cover but the Pepsi commercial derailed it... and Anna adores her and uses her for many of their vogue functions.

Just think how beautiful this would have been with Rianne.

Heaps better than their usual cover offerings. It's not that bad, come on. Actually even feels like a breath of fresh air for the magazine.

Kendall's last solo cover was the top seller of 2016... I have been told. She was due for another cover but the Pepsi commercial derailed it... and Anna adores her and uses her for many of their vogue functions.
I can believe that, it was sold out at my mag place, but it was also a Sept issue, so it doesn't say much about her selling power. THIS will determine how good she can shift copies for them, i reckon it will be a totally different story! But if she does well for them, then i certianly won't complain if they keep using her, although all that matters is if Wintour likes you! Just look at Rihanna, Blake Lively.etc all bombed, few times over, on their covers, and keep getting them.

The ed is up on the site, some nice shots actually.

Let me start of by saying that I like the artistic feel of theimage, or is it the quality of the scan? Either way, I like that. It's probably the most fashiony cover they've done since Daisy's.
But how on earth did Kendall get a solo cover when she's not much of a model nor celebrity??? Both her and Gigi now each have three US Vogue covers (a rarity!!), but Kendall's two are OG. Are people really that interested in her??

Maybe they think she provides the missing link between Vogue and the teenage audience. This cover and the editorial will be milked in social media

The face is weird

"Hogwarts for the win!" did a 50-year-old dad write this? "Hey you guys hear about that Gangnam Style?"

HQ cover:

Cover story:

Photographers: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Model: Kendall Jenner

vogue

The shots where she's not looking at the camera are the best. Says it all really.

That editorial is the best work she's ever done. Maybe she's been reading all my posts about her dead posing. :lol: She's actually committing to her poses, there's intention and strength. The cover is gorgeous but it should have been somebody else. Overall it's a successful editorial, the cover is just not up to par.

Eh, sorry, Solve did a better job for Harper's! Just realise Kendall booked Harper's two months ahead of Vogue. You're slipping, Anna!

Her again? Can we get rid of Wintour yet? This formula is getting tired.

Oh, finally a beautiful cover, very clean! I like the grey background, even if this could be shot with an interesting landscape in order too look more impactful.

I could get behind this if they were selling it as a regular fashion cover story, but a feature/interview? She doesn't have anything remotely interesting to say - and we didn't ask to hear it either.

Yes her best work by far. The cover looks good tho I am not a fan but at least there's an emotion in her eyes. Some of her edit shots are great tho

The editorial is actually good, the cover is definitely not. I have zero interest in Kendall and I thought many others, both inside the industry (just look at her absence during fashion weeks, she used to get much more work in general) and the general public. But just like in 2016, Anna gives her a cover out of nothing and Kendall will be everywhere again.

Absolute trash. And the photoshop is out of control. Looks like she's debuting a new face.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->