US Vogue April 2018 : Kendall Jenner by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I wish this was Imaan or Grace.

But - as much as it pains me to say this - I actually think this is a great cover. I don't understand the choice to put Kendall on it. She doesn't feel very relevant right now, but I do think it's some of the best work she's done as a model. And the editorial is fabulous!

Interested to see the content inside

I love the cover and need to see the editorial as soon as I head home

I really like the cover and the editorial, but.. her face. :shock:

It’s my dream, but I think she’ll stick around for more 8 years

Let's hope not. She may become so frazzled putting out fires and micro managing her army of yes-women that it will all be too much to bear.

But if you ask me who'd succeed her, I'd say Katie Grand! I believe she's quietly biding her time to snatch the ultimate jewel.

The cover story is beautiful! I just really don’t like the cover, something about it is off and the dress isn’t doing her any favors.

Ppl just hate on Kendall because is 'cool' to do so.
Good cover, her previous Vogue cover must've sold well. :flower:

Is it? I was under the impression people didn't like Kendall because her career is just the product of her association with her morally bankrupt family, but if it's "cool" do so, even better. A win win situation.

No, people dislike her because the ONLY reason she even is on this cover is because her pimp of a 'mother' managed to build a brand on the ignorance of her daughters and their audience.
This would not even be the worst part, if Kendall had any talent as a model.

And that is what Vogue has become these days. Complete emptiness promoted as something to aspire to.

^Thank you ! Plus, it is annoying to see her stealing the spotlight to so many talented models who deserve more to be on US cover than her. For this girl, this is a hobby. If she is not a model, she will have just to appear on TV like the rest of her family but for many of her fellow models, this is serious and they sacrifice a lot to be as near as her career without the help she has by her name and her money.

I don't hate her, i just simply don't care about her. This cover is not terrible, nor the editorial compared to what she has done before.

I think the cover is beautiful and the ed is actually really nice too. She's a really good model, that's for sure.

Think what you want about the Kardashians but they're somewhat of a mirror to our society.

No doubt this a great cover and editorial. Kendall looks great!

However, reading her cover story it was kind of pointless. There really wasn't anything substantive about it other than addressing the Vogue India and Pespi commercial outrage which was already discussed on their show... so its kind of like what's the point? Same as Kim's Elle interview, boring as hell.

You know what?!? What I hate the most about the cover and editorial is that it looks just like her September cover story. Just outtakes. And that her lips are done like little sis. NEXT!!!

Tracee Ellis Ross is living her best life. HIT TV show and she loves fashion and etc. And she would have been a better cover model. Also, I wish April was still the “shape issue” because TER would have been perfect!

^Thank you ! Plus, it is annoying to see her stealing the spotlight to so many talented models who deserve more to be on US cover than her. For this girl, this is a hobby. If she is not a model, she will have just to appear on TV like the rest of her family but for many of her fellow models, this is serious and they sacrifice a lot to be as near as her career without the help she has by her name and her money.

When are y'all gonna shed the layers of delusion you have that a model can book a cover designated for an insta-celeb? If they wanted a model, they would've gone with one. They obviously want a famous face.

So they really couldn't have done without the word 'literally' on the cover?

My main complaint about Kendall was the way she was forced upon the world as a fashion model before she developed the ability to produce images that matched the calibre of what she was booking.

She does seem to have improved, but she's still not a natural, despite growing up in such a media-friendly family. Some people fall into modelling because it's the right place for them to be, others become models because they think it's something they want to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->