US Vogue February 2014 : Lena Dunham by Annie Leibovitz

I really like Lena's story; I think the pictures are great and she looks really good. I always wonder how Annie gets that effect on her photographs, they have such a particular look to them but I can't pinpoint what it is.

I will give up on Vogue and Anna when I see Kim K on the cover. She is classy now, but if you are going to be on the Vogue cover, it is either you have something to do with the fashion industry or being so good at something.

I don't really mind Lena. I think she is a talented woman. Her look is just unfortunate. The styling is not working here and it's not her fault.

Well judging by the reactions.. It was as always a master stroke by Anna. Even Bazaar putting Daria on the cover didn't generate this many opinions.

Every time there's a really bad cover, I imagine that scene from The September Issue: Anna Wintour is looking at several cover mockups, trying to determine which image of Sienna Miller will make the cover. To think, Anna went through the same process and decided this image of Lena makes the cover.

I think Lena is gross and this is just awful.

Does anybody even care what content is in the issue at this point? Cuz even when I list the edits below, you're still not going to buy it.

#1 - We've Got Game (12 pg)
PH: Mario Testino
Style: Tonne Goddman
Model/Celebs/Athletes: Kate Upton, Prince Amukamara & Steve Weatherford, D'Brickashaw Ferguson & Muhammad Wilkerson, Victor Cruz, Vincent Piazza & Tracey Morgan & Bobby Cannavale & Jason Biggs, Woody Johnson & Al Kelly & Jonathan Tisch, Michael Strahan, Nick Mangold, and Jimmy Fallon

#2 - Top Form (8 pg)
PH: Patrick DeMarchelier
Style: Sara Moonves
Models: Sasha Pivovarova, Fei Fei Sun, Anais Mali

#3 - That Girl (12 pg)
PH: Annie Leibovitz
Style: Tonne Goodman
Celeb: Do I need to say?

#4 - The Talk Of The Town (4 pg)
PH: Norman Jean Roy
Style: Natasha Royt
Celebs: Alex Wagner & Sam Kass

#5 - The Far Pavilions (6 pg)
PH: Francois Halard
Style: Miranda Brooks
Celeb: India Jane Birley

#6 - Duck, Duck, Goose (2 pg)
PH: Eric Boman
Model: A dead duck

#7 - Hitting It Big (2 pg)
PH: Steven Klein
Style: Phyllis Posnick
Celebs: Alex Timbers & Andy Karl

#8 - Show Your Colors (4 pg)
PH: Patrick DeMarchelier
Style: Phyllis Posnick
Models: Irene Hiemstra, Sam Rollinson, Malaika Firth

#9 - Off The Wall (2 pg)
PH: Sebastian Kim
Style: Tabitha Simmons
Celeb: Naomie Harris

#10 - Portrait Of The Artist (14 pg)
PH: Mikael Jansson
Model: Sasha Pivovarova

Still planning on purchasing it now?

My probably is not with Lena, but with Annie Leibovitz. I am over her saturated, photo-shopped, cut-and-paste images.
I am not a fan of Lena or Girls but it's nice to see her in Vogue. I just wish it was by a different photographer. Isn't Lena relevant because she's real and unabashed about how she acts and looks? What's the point in putting her in Vogue if photo-shopping takes that away?

#10 - Portrait Of The Artist (14 pg)
PH: Mikael Jansson
Model: Sasha Pivovarova

I'm really excited for this!

can't wait to see the dead duck :LOL:
actually looking forward to #8 and #10 eds

Top Form
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Models: Sasha Pivovarova, Fei Fei Sun, Anais Mali
Styling: Sara Moonves
Hair : James Pecis