Make-Up: Nick Barose
Model/Celebrity: Lupita Nyong’o

US Vogue Digital Edition

GOOD VIBRATIONS
Photographer: Sean Thomas
Stylist: Jorden Bickham
Hair: Recine
Make-Up: Jen Myles
Models: Sophie Koella, Héloïse Guérin, Lineisy Montero, Paloma Elsesser, Grace Hartzel, Katie Moore, Kelly Gale, Ashley Graham, Dilone, Josephine Skriver, Hannah Ferguson, Sara Sampaio, Sabina Karlsson & Ellen Rosa

US Vogue Digital Edition

THE PET SET
Photographer: Steven Klein
Stylist: Phyllis Posnick
Hair: Garren
Make-Up: Yadim
Model: Guinevere van Seenus

US Vogue Digital Edition

STRIKE A POSE
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Jorden Bickham
Hair: JAMES PECIS
Make-Up: Sally Branka
Models: Iana Godnia, Gigi Hadid, Imaan Hammam, Hannah Ferguson, Maria Borges, Mia Kang & Karlie Kloss

US Vogue Digital Edition

Second Chance
Photographer:
Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Phyllis Posnick
Model: Aya Jones
Make-up: Diane Kendal
Hair: Shon

US Vogue Digital Edition

A Place in the Sun
Photographer:
Zoe Ghertner
Stylist: Camilla Nickerson
Models: Kirsty & Violet Hume
Make-up: Dick Page
Hair: Jimmy Paul

US Vogue Digital Edition

Looks more like Glamour than Vogue, to be honest. It's just so basic. Nice to see Kirsty and her sister (or daughter???) though!

Strike An Awkward Pose.

Awful issue.

The only one that works is Karlie’s picture. I may not like her but I have to admit the girl can model. Gigi tried it but Karlies pulled it off.

Patrick Demarchelier's work is just tired, lazy, and repetitive.

Strike A Pose looks really, really, really cheap. This is for Vogue? I agree with Benn, this looks more for Glamour than Vogue. Disaster. Also, ADC's right, the only one that works is Karlie's photo. But we've all seen that before. Well I'd give it to Karlie. She's being jumping for Vogue since 2009. No wonder it's perfect and effortless.

Second Chance, Vogue Germany called and wants their cover shot back.

I will get that issue of Vogue just for the cover story and cover which for me are amazing, again I disagree with you about the fact that the editorials aren´t up to part. I mean Steven Klein story is amazing, the Demarchelier story as well, although the models could have been better chosen.

I mean look, nowadays with Anna´s obsession with the instagirls they aren´t going anywhere just yet... so that plus the fact that supermodels or top top top girls from the 2000 era are almost nearly gone, thank god Karlie Kloss still models otherwise it would have been a bad issue but yeah for me the cover alone + the Demarchelier and Klein stories are nice.

Will this be one of the best issues of US Vogue? NOPE of course not, is it as bad as some of you say it is: NOPE; either. It´s an ok issue but yeah I would prefer to see the likes of Meisel and Testino and the likes of Karlie, Joan, Caroline and Raquel in every issue but it seems that this era is gone... :mellow:

Pleasantly surprised to see so many plus-sized models represented in the "Good Vibrations" edit.

Patrick Demarchelier's work is just tired, lazy, and repetitive.

Second Chance, Vogue Germany called and wants their cover shot back.

Hahaha, so true about Vogue Germany's cover template! Only, Arp will clutch on her her white 'Bio' shirt first before running that image of Aya.

And I also agree with ADC, Karlie is the saving grace in that edit. She does her best work for this edition.

I just got more of a buzz from watching Andreea Diaconu as Santa Claus, dashing around New York gifting random people with presents on Vogue's YouTube page - as opposed to the dull content from this issue (besides the wonderful Ashley Graham's smile, of course).

Lupita looks so uncomfortable in the cover shot - like they've told her to do that pose and she's thinking '..really?..'. Tired of these jumping editorials where each girl seems to be in competition for most ridiculous shot (I mean I love Imaan but seriously, WHAT is that pose. Gigi looks like she's trying too hard to be Karlie too). On the positive side, Aya's portrait is beautiful and I love the first shot of Kirsty and her daughter! Pleased to see Maria Borges in US Vogue too, now give her something decent to work with :flower:

Judging from the editorial contents, this look like a depressing issue. That Sean Thomas ed is very amateurish and very un-Vogue, remember that we used to get Spring collection preview eds from the likes of Lindbergh, Sims, or Testino. The amount of editorial pages is also sad. One thing that i like is the editorial casts.

It's almost criminal "A Place in the Sun" only has three pictures! What's with all these super short editorials Vogue is doing lately? Anyway, it's enough to be the highlight of the issue. Always a delight to see Kirsty again, seriously gorgeous pictures. :heart:

Wow, I was kinda excited for Guinevere's editorial, but only 3 photos? Seriously? This issue looks mediocre.
Happy to see Aya, tho.

They could have just give strike a pose to Karlie and it would be done deal. I wish 'A Place in the Sun' would be longer as well. Lupita's cover story is fine but I just don't feel it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->