Vogue Paris December 2010/January 2011 : Daphne Groeneveld & Tom Ford by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

beautiful cover, very striking indeed:heart:
i also didn't think of lara stone when i saw it... lara is one of very few models i can call myself a fan of, but daphne looks perfect on it. tom also looks great, as usual, fortunately not transformed into a teenager by the airbrushing like in US Vogue...

What a stunning cover! Daphne was the last girl on my mind to get the cover. But I'm happy for her! This is major!

First Reaction: Good cover.

Second Reaction: Wasn't Lara just on the cover a couple of months ago?

Third Reaction: Oh that's that Daphne girl, good move on Carine, Tom and Co.'s part pairing an unexpected model with TF. Still it was probably a calculated risk, since Daphne's doppleganger Lara is a sellable face for the magazine.

Fourth Reaction: Shoot me but while I think the cover is good, I still prefer the intense eye contact between Tom and Karen and Tom and Stella in the US Vogue pictures. I dunno, maybe its a latent reaction to all of those lurking Baptiste pictures.

my thoughts exactly.

Shoot me but while I think the cover is good, I still prefer the intense eye contact between Tom and Karen and Tom and Stella

Oh yes, definitely. :smile:

I'd like the cover a whole lot more, if Tom was clearly in the picture better (and not just for obvious reasons:brows:). Seeing as he's guest editing the issue, he should be more prominent, the way the cover is cropped doesn't look right at all.

In fact, the more I look at it, the more it looks like he is photo bombing Daphne's cover.

I think that there is a possibility that the picture of Tom and the picture of Daphne were taken at different times and in different hemispheres.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant. Just brilliant.
There are SO many things about this that I love :heart: First of all: the fact that Daphne's on it. The way she looks, the way she's styled, the way they both are not interacting with each other. Sounds weird, yes, but I think it wouldn't be as good if they were closer to each other or if Tom would be fully portrayed.
Second: the colours here are absolutely perfect! Very wintery and even kind of christmas-y but without the obvious red, white, green.
Third: well, I'm not used to something else from VP but the fact that there is almost zero text certainly adds some bonus-points aswell.

I hope the contents are equally strong but anyway, I NEED to get this!

I'm quite surprised to see Daphne on the cover, but well, I love it anyway.

Any of those Vogue us eds with Tom are faaaaaar better than this, is just not working for me....but great for Daphne!!!

This is so gorgoeus. Daphne looks sensational and I'm happy she got the cover after the rumors how she lost out on it. Tom is a hot GQMF. Period.

And people need to get over the fact Daphne is ''too young'' and all the other chit chat or she doesn't deserve to be with Tom Ford on the cover? Please, that's still Tom Ford's decision whom he thinks is deserving. Get over it.

casting agents keep finding girls that have physical similarities to lara stone (ie. georgia may jagger, ashley smith), hence, daphne groenveld. that said, the cover is chic. the heavy make-up is what makes her look older, i seen someone mention that she looks too old to be 15. again, modeling is about transformation. i like that tom ford is on the cover, but in a mysterious way. furthermore, i applaud vogue paris for always allowing it to be about the models. (even if we get a little side shot of tom ford)

casting agents keep finding girls that have physical similarities to lara stone (ie. georgia may jagger, ashley smith), hence, daphne groenveld.

i'd say brigitte bardot

I hate when they leak covers so early and leave us waiting ages for the content...not funny.

Daphne is seriously wrong; the casting at Tom's show was 100% perfection and the VP team have to go and muck it up by putting this overrated troll on the cover...too bad it actually looks good but I agree that she is the anti-ethos of what Ford's designs embody.

From what I've seen of her so far, I don't rate Daphne as a model at all, but this is a great cover and she looks decent on it. I didn't realise she was only 15 years old.:shock: But that's all regardless anyway I'm only really bloody interested in the contents and Ford's collection.

casting agents keep finding girls that have physical similarities to lara stone (ie. georgia may jagger, ashley smith), hence, daphne groenveld. that said, the cover is chic. the heavy make-up is what makes her look older, i seen someone mention that she looks too old to be 15. again, modeling is about transformation. i like that tom ford is on the cover, but in a mysterious way. furthermore, i applaud vogue paris for always allowing it to be about the models. (even if we get a little side shot of tom ford)

The way she's styled in the cover may remind people of Lara, but I think the ways she looks bears no resemblance to Lara, contrary to the other girls you mention.

I hate when they leak covers so early and leave us waiting ages for the content...not funny.

Daphne is seriously wrong; the casting at Tom's show was 100% perfection and the VP team have to go and muck it up by putting this overrated troll on the cover...too bad it actually looks good but I agree that she is the anti-ethos of what Ford's designs embody.

People keep saying that Daphne goes against Tom Fords design ethos. But apparently he likes her enough to have her on his cover, so who are we to argue with Mr. Ford?

RANT TIME:

Many on the forums are constantly deriding Anna Wintour for doing the same thing all the time (Caroline/Raquel/Sasha jumping around looking psycho in a studio, shot by Demarchlier or Meisel), but why doesn't that descriptor ever come up regarding the VP team? They've been stuck in this three or four model rut for ages; and if you aren't one of those models, you need to be styled to look like them. I will definitely concede that Vogue Paris KILLS US Vogue in terms of the variety of the actual fashion styling, but honestly- it's really not that much more unique in terms of covers/subjects/photographers.

That said... I'm looking forward to this issue. :P

I don't like this.:( It's just... Ugh, I don't know. Maybe I'm too much of Lara fan to appreciate this. Carine should have saved this picture of Daphne for a separate cover. Tom just looks so random at the side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mou777
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->