Who Will Sweep Up At The S/S 09 Shows?

Mr-Dale

Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
:clap: It's that time again! In about a month, New York fashion week will start so that means we can finally start discussing what girls might just be those girls that sweep up big time!

Firstly, I think I am not the only one out there who wonders what effect the July issue of Vogue Italia will have on the internation runways. Will Arlenis Sosa Pena have the same impact on the runways as she is having in the editorial games right now? She looked damn good at the Cruise shows, so hopefully yes! And will Sessilee Lopez finally do all the major shows? Perhaps Ubah Hassan will take the cake and leave the rest hungry...but personally I hope they will all share that cake...

Talking about Cruise shows, perhaps we've seen the next runway stars there already...Myf Shepherd, Arielle Pytka, Drielly Oliveira, Jessica Cline and Sigrid Aghren all popped out of nowhere and did Dior or Prada. Will the sudden success continue?

Then there are those girls that only did half a season or exclusives during the Fall shows. Like the more than lovely Alexandra Tretter who also did Dior couture. Or Amanda Laine, Natalia Chabanenko, Cato van Ee and Anna Selezneva. They should all do great, without doubt. But I think the biggest star will be Viktoriya Sasonkina, what with all those Meisel shoots and more under her belt already.

As for girls without any international runway experience, I am thinking of Sarah Stephens, Wanessa @ Next and perhaps Imogen Clark who is now with Supreme...

Now, who am I forgetting? :lol:

VIKTORIYA definitely. The new Stam rocked the Versace fall 08' runway.

and i think there would be a lot more black girls, with Arlenis leading the pack.

not sure whether Natalia C will become a hit though, Prada hasn't really been a model maker lately...

I really hope that Natalia C will rock the s/s 09 shows. I adore her. I'm also rooting for
Pernille Moeller

I definitely see Sessilee Lopez major shows.

Hopefully Daniela Cosio does at least New York fashion week. She has so much potential.

Ali michael might do very well. With all the controversy surrounding her, that might help her.

I would love to see big things from Arielle Pytka.

She has such a cool image, and especially in her street style pictures, she reminds me a little of Erin Wasson, but in editorials she's completely different.

To be honest, I really don't like any of the new girls :/ Except for Natalia. I have a feeling Arlenis is going to be big :(:innocent:

I hope to see Ksenia Kakhnovich and Kori Richardson this upcoming season after doing some great shows last season.

Sessilee(obviously), Aline, Anne S., Cato, Amanda(don't really like her), Ali Michaels,Victoriya etc.

Arlenis I suppose but I don't really like her either.

Anna, Amanda, and Sessilee are the ones who I could see doing the best, but I hope for Sessilee the most.

^Ahh yes Toni! It will certainly be interesting to see how the international clients will react to her. Editorially she is doing great, so nothing should stop her I guess...

Jourdan Dunn will be everywhere for Spring 2009 after her Prada exclusive and Vogue Italia cover.

But I think the BIGGEST star of the season will be Anna-Maria Jagodinska. She'll open and close most of the big shows and she'll be heavily in demand.

I'm really glad to see this kind of thread again :woot: thanks a lot Mr. Dale :flower:

My first choice is obviously Viktoriya Sasonkina, über alles :heart:

Then I think, indeed, that Jourdan, Anna Selezneva and I really hope Toni Garrn will have their moment. Edita Vilkeviciute should do well again too and I wish Laura Blokhina will follow the way she seemed to take during couture...

Now, as NY is the first fashion week, here are some more personal choices but who I think could do very well...

Tabea Kobach @ Marilyn
Irina Gorban @ One, hope to see her sis appearing somewhere now, we need more Ksenia as well!
Camille @ NY Models
Irina Mastikhina @ Trump
Mak @ IMG, I like Pernille too but Mak has something special despite she's only 174
Lisa Gregusson @ Supreme
Dei Auruskeviciute @ Ford, now that she's in NY she could make it
Meghan Kleinhans @ Elite
Charlotte O'Donnell @ Elite
Ilona Struzik @ Major, well my dark horse among the dark horses :heart:

edit: I forgot Natalia Chabanenko, she has it too

Last edited by a moderator:
^Great list Penny! I particularly like Mak, Dei and Camille :woot: I wonder if Edita has had her visa problems solved now...if so, she will conquer New York for sure.

Also, apart from Anna Jagodzinska's return to the runway, I wonder if Luca Gadjus may also return after her editorial comeback these past few months :heart:

I'm rooting for Mak as well. Can someone give me the link to her thread? It doesn't seem to be searchable.

^^Thanks, me too, Dei is really on the very top of my list (that doesn't mean the other ones don't count :lol:) then Luca... yes I wouldn't mind seeing her again, maybe even more in Paris than NY :heart:

I've just noticed I maybe missed another girl on my list, from Next. Of course there is Virginia Guidetti who seems to be really ready to make a good season but my biggest hopes there goes to Natalia Kozior (even if my favorite at Next remains Kristel Van Valkenhoef... well put her on the dark horses-list :heart::P)

I would love for Luca to return.

I have trouble keeping up with all these new girls, they just keep coming and coming(I picture a tidal wave of young skinny girls washing up on shore and running to the nearest agency).

I hope Jennifer Messelier will have a great season :blush:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->