Evan Rachel Wood and Marilyn Manson

^I don't know much about Manson, really, but I have a soft spot in my heart for anyone who's escaped Ohio, at any age. I don't doubt you've known him, I have my share of "I knew them when" folks, too. As for immediately requesting sex from your female friend, that's just how some people relate. I think of my fave Elvis Costello line, "And it's the force of habit/if it moves, then you f*ck it; if it doesn't move, you stab it." It's an evil toddler way of meeting those objects in your path, also known as "other people". The f*ckees will continue to line up.

I do care for the poor SOB, Marilyn, I do, but the music makes me nervous. I can't say I'm a fan. I worry, motherlike, about the absence of irony, humor, the whole death trip. I make internal wagers for his good angel to win out. And I pray for the f*ckers and the f*ckees alike.

He intelligent enough, can hold a conversation and all. Interesting fellow.."
"But..?"
"But when we were done talking he said "So, are we going to have sex or not?""

What a pickup line. Gross. I read something similar in Jenna Jameson's autobio when I was scanning it.

I don't know much about either but they seem so painfully awkward and the whole Lolita thing with the heart shaped sunglasses is RIDICULOUS!! Playing at Lolita with a 19 year old who definitely looks it just seems silly. I've heard they're both pretty intelligent but that doesn't keep them from being pretentious I guess

So a couple just can't have fun, dress up or whatever and go out and we all have to point our little judging fingers at them? :(

is it just me or does manson not look like a burnt out version of nicki hilton (the "no chin" )?

:unsure:

skinny_boho said:
So a couple just can't have fun, dress up or whatever and go out and we all have to point our little judging fingers at them? :(

As explained in the SparkNotes linked above:

Delving into the ways individual beings-for-itself relate to one another, Sartre argues that we, as human beings, can become aware of ourselves only when confronted with the gaze of another. Not until we are aware of being watched do we become aware of our own presence. The gaze of the other is objectifying in the sense that when one views another person building a house, he or she sees that person as simply a house builder. Sartre writes that we perceive ourselves being perceived and come to objectify ourselves in the same way we are being objectified. Thus, the gaze of the other robs us of our inherent freedom and causes us to deprive ourselves of our existence as a being-for-itself and instead learn to falsely self-identify as a being-in-itself.

Or, to paraphrase the SparkNotes, "Wanna f*ck?"

Manson will being hanging out at high school hot-spots when he's 50, wearing the same tired makeup & outfits....telling all the teeny-boppers who he was and trying to impress them with his.......darkness.

His schtick is reminiscent of an older Saturday Night Live skit---Sprockets!:

Dieter_mit_kyle_mclaglen.jpg
"We are tragically serious..."

Last edited by a moderator:
skinny_boho said:

:flower:

The full video is on You Tube. It's gross beyond belief and completely pointless.
If you want to see Evan screaming, grinding and bumping go ahead my dear friends.:innocent:
It's just sad because Manson often produces visually stunning video-clips. This is just a low-budget p*rn.

^ agreed. it just comes off as gratuitous. which it is. :rolleyes:

Uh,was that a Guns n Roses video?The forgotten one between "Don't Cry"and "November Rain"?
silly rocknroll videos again.....

Hum, could someone post the link? There are so many different versions of it at You Tube. So far, all I have seen are the 2 extracts taken from the official M.M. website. Thanks!

I like the video.....It's rocknroll fun.As far as the beginning sex scene-it could've been shortened but....
I like my "about LOVE,lust" videos more subtle,like"Wicked Game"by Chris Issacs.
but the videos pretty cool.I can't post a video on here,but go to Marilyn's website and you can watch the whole video.

Little Tiny said:
I like the video.....It's rocknroll fun.As far as the beginning sex scene-it could've been shortened but....
I like my "about LOVE,lust" videos more subtle,like"Wicked Game"by Chris Issacs.
but the videos pretty cool.I can't post a video on here,but go to Marilyn's website and you can watch the whole video.

Thanks Little Tiny, I will check the M.M. website.^_^

Well, I have just seen the video. I like it; Manson & Rachel look really good in it. It is very sexy. Yes, I have to admit that I am a bit of a voyeur but I have seen worse in music videos in my lifetime. What really bugs me thought is the fact that this video really looks like it is a dig at Dita. *Look at me; I have a hot new young girl and that's what we do together*. I mean, the split with Dita is too recent and in my opinion. It shows a very juvenile behaviour from Manson's part, very unsensitive. If he would have used a model it might have been different. For me, it is clear that he just wants to show-off.

He's 38 and just read "Lolita"? No wonder everyone thinks celebs are brain dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->