Model Casting F/W 15.16

She probably got the other jobs just because designers/photographers/stylists like her as a friend. Cause honestly, she ain't pretty, she has no charisma or modeling skills whatsoever.

You honestly think she booked so many major editorials/campaigns/shows simply because she has a good personality? Come on, that's a bit delusional. The fashion industry is not high school. It's fine if you don't get her appeal (I personally don't get Saskia's success for example), but it's clear that many other people do and think she's a great model. Let's give credit where credit is due.

And actually she is extremely pretty IMO.

she is very unique looking - and for me that means she does not suit a lot of brands. givenchy is a very very good example.

Going back to the discussion of brand loyalty:

How long does a designer have to stay "loyal" to a model? Other than a show like Chanel that has 80+ looks, there is only so much room in each show. I do think it's unfortunate for an established model or current up-and-coming model to seemingly be dropped, not so much for flavour of the month types or models from yesteryear.

How can new stars be created if the opportunities to walk in major shows go to the same models?

Does Lakshmi even model regularly anymore? Maybe she is not available. Stef and Daniela fell off ages ago. Daphne fell off too, but with greater fortune as she's a muse to Tom Ford. Montana was Tisci's fit model that season which is how she got the exclusive, I don't think she was actually "in". As for Kendall, I think that the hype was starting to make it seem like these fashion houses needed her and not the other way around. Most models are not a lock for any show and it's kind of a relief to see that Tisci didn't let that personal bias/connection continue to interfere with his business decisions.

As for most of his other picks, no one else was checking for them… I don't see why we have to continue to see them over girls who've been tearing up the runways all season.

Also it's nice to see that despite having no Instagram etc. Julia is doing extremely well and the industry isn't completely relying on the #Instagirl thing.

And Kendall has been harping on about being taken as a real model for a good while now so it's only fair that she doesn't get casted for certain shows just like any other model.

I am so sad that Daphne didn't book many shows this season. She's an incredible model. I just don't get why designers are letting her slip away.

A designer doesn't NEED to stay loyal to a model for a specific amount of seasons. I think its more of a disappointment to people in the forum when models are no longer seen as a designer's favorite/muse.

i think if it were up to most of us, we would still be in the 2003-2007 era of models booking shows :lol:

The Le Tutour & Guillermand siblings at Sonia Rykiel was the cutest moment of the season. :heart:

The Le Tutour & Guillermand siblings at Sonia Rykiel was the cutest moment of the season. :heart:

Was just about to post the same thing!!!haha Their little brothers are as gorgeous as they are!

What's Ophelie's brother's name?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I am so done with Slimane's casting at Saint Laurent :judge: White washed, heroin chic looking models with clown make up, clothing that suits prostitutes doesn't help exactly. Everything wrong about the modelling business summed up in one runway show. :furious:

Plus another "sibling" (Though without her older half) - Lottie Moss! ^_^

No good deed goes unpunished.

But really, is Rykiel becoming some kind of Cotillion for bland white socialite/wannabe-models?

No good deed goes unpunished.

But really, is Rykiel becoming some kind of Cotillion for bland white socialite/wannabe-models?

Ofcourse! Three words: Katie f*cking Grand.

Heidi using 2 black girls?? i bet he did a ton of compromising for that to happen, lol.

The fashion industry is not high school.

Ok now you're reaching cos if any business has high school tendencies it's Fashiuun and their cliques. Obviously there is great talent out there but the majority that makes up this industry is their entourage and the opinion dynamics within their demography works eerily similar to that in high school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fernanda Tavares closed Esteban Cortazar .. Suprise

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->