Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
since this was again a huge success, who do you think will h&m hire as their next guest designer? i don't know why, but i can imagine vivienne westwood as an option.

I haven't had time to read this whole thread, but I was there yesterday morning on 34th street and it was INSANE. Like so much so that I'm scarred. I really wanted the green dress, but people were so crazed and pushy that all I got was a blazer and some trousers and I think I'm going to return both. Me and my friends went to both 34th street stores and they were cleared out within minutes. People were crowded around the bottom of an escalator where SAs were bringing more clothes down and every time they did, they were screaming and pushing. And there are many conflicting reports about restocking. Does anyone know what the deal is? I just want that green dress!!

I haven't seen the clothes in person, but based on what they've shown on the store's website, I like this collection a lot...
I heard the opening in NYC was insane.

castorpollux said:
I haven't seen the clothes in person, but based on what they've shown on the store's website, I like this collection a lot...
I heard the opening in NYC was insane.

Completely insane. I work in fashion and I went with four people from work -- part of our job is to shop and none of us had ever seen anything remotely like this. It reminded me of that scene in Willy Wonka when people storm the stores and clear all the shelves. :wacko:

My friend works in H&M in London and the scenes were shocking and quite frankly disgusting.

Babies were left in prams in the middle of shops......in one case, a baby fell out and was lying on the floor whilst these stupid deranged women were flapping around like flies to sh**.

Human behaviour beggars belief...it's just clothes people....and not even great ones at that.

Just goes to show, that unfortunately people always believe the hype.

^i didn't really understand anyways why some women had to bring their babies when they surely knew it would be hectic and chaotic, and their baby carriages stood in the way all the time, to the annoyance of many......(including me, no offense to anyone....)

Yeah I didn't get that either. One girl was trying on a top in the middle of the floor at one point and her friend had a baby with her. The baby must have been about 5 months, max. I was just thinking, "why? why would you bring the baby?" and her friend didn't even seem to be buying anything. it was crazy, with all the hangers flying about-what if one hit the baby? I mean, I got elbowed, and the girl who did it didn't seem to care all that much.

The Daily Telegraph has taken a more negative view of the whole thing, which I think is good. I feel kind of ashamed of everyone who did all the pushing and shoving.

I agree, the pieces weren't even that great. :blink:

and now, it seems like it's not even going to be that 'limited' at first thought, new deliveries for the next two weeks? Everyone is going to go around with Stella design then.

I thought the quality was crap. Usual H&M stuff with higher prices. I got some things, but will return them. Just not worth it. The sweaters piled already in the store, the wool coat was covered in lint, the trench looked really cheap, and the silk dresses were limp.

Baebis said:
I thought the quality was crap. Usual H&M stuff with higher prices. I got some things, but will return them. Just not worth it. The sweaters piled already in the store, the wool coat was covered in lint, the trench looked really cheap, and the silk dresses were limp.

I actually thought the quality was higher than normal H&M...I don't think my new trench looks "cheap"! :blush:

The prices weren't really much higher than usual. Am I wrong?

I was so so so upset i overslept yesterday so didnt get to h & m in liverpool until 9:15 .. shop opened at nine. THere were about 30 people inside and aparently they had about 35 people queing outside. Everything was sold out.

I managed to grab 3 tops in what i thort was my size, a strappy wifebeater style top wioth a motif down one side, a baggy top with drawings on and a top with stella wrote on iThese were the only things left in what i thort wsa my size.

Does any one find the sizes massive. I bought extra small and not only are they big they are unwearable they completly hang off me. They are so so massive on me.

ANy one else have this problem.

SO not only did i get there late nothing fitted :( oh well, my own fault for being so lazy :(

JessRuthie said:
I actually thought the quality was higher than normal H&M...I don't think my new trench looks "cheap"! :blush:

The trench looks quite good, one of the better items but some items were really made on the cheap, prices are quite high for H&M (I think since I never go there) and they add up since people are buying more items instead of one. The shawls were 29,95 which is quite expensive for such an item at H&M

I refuse to go. Based on the pictures the clothes look rubbish. Its all overrated hype. Also, whats the surprise about the quality of the clothes? Its H&M, all of their clothes are crap quality (which doesn't deter me from buying them mind you). As for who will design next, I think they're only after huge commercial names (probably Marc Jacobs:rolleyes: ). Alexander McQueen would be amazing!

JessRuthie said:

The quality was better than usual H&M, I got a few things but debatig on returning them.

Im so glad I didnt get sucked up in this hype. Im glad I didnt queue up or anything..its just not worth getting elbowed and pushed for H&M clothes even if Stella did design them.

I was in Covent Garden at 12.00 there were still so many clothes there and people diden't really seem that bothered, I think it's being exaggerated, but that is typical.

i was in germany (leipzig) yesterday. went to the shop at about 11. it was quiet there... and most of the stuff still hang there. so it was quite a good-shopping experience. i got a sweater and the brown tee.
the shop assistant said that they won´t restock - nowhere! just one delivery for every store (don´t know if it´s like that just in germany)

about the problem of the "same-look-everybody": it´s ALWAYS like that when you buy at h&m, isn´t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktkees1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->