Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the Sheffield store at half 2. It wasnt that madly busy! Although they didnt have the whole collection, I still found a few pieces!

Did anybody notice one black trench coat on Ebay is $325!!!!!!!!!:shock: They were about 10 of them in the sheffield store. The SA also told me they will get delivery everyday!

okay I have to admit the oxford street store was like a battle ground!!!
but i managed to get hold of many items.
t shirt, silk wrap dress, trench coat, camisoles, tailored coat,
denim jacket, jumpshots and the dress!
maybe I am just a fashion victim but i just thought those
items were collectable anyway.

I cant believe the craze for Stella's stuff. Well at least it must have been a good move for her..

ladies post pics of your stella stuff? please?

hebden hows michigan ave lookin lately? downtown chicago is beautiful during the cold months... and that h&m across from water tower is a mad house
Hebden said:
Yeah, the Chicago store has re-done all their windows with different stuff.

I just stopped by after work and it was still crazy with people grabbing things. For the most part though the cut of the clothes is terrible. I tried two of the jackets in various sizes but they all looked frumpy and the denim skirts with the zips at the side were a bit...tacky. The STELLA keychain was fun and the t-shirt like the staff were wearing (but in blue) hung nicely so I got those but overall it was just disappointing (IMO).

EdK said:
hebden hows michigan ave lookin lately? downtown chicago is beautiful during the cold months... and that h&m across from water tower is a mad house

It is lovely when it gets cold (and there are less people out and about). The northern part of Michigan Avenue is getting a little...strange. Armani across from American Girl's Place...Bottega Veneta next to Hershey World (or whatever they're calling it). The juxtaposition's a little odd.

i was surprised by the ebay prices...will people pay that much?
I bought a blue cami and a black tulip skirt. The cami is too big so I will return it. the tulip skirt's waist is too large for me, so I actually added two darts on the back to make it sit on my waist very high. It looks way better:smile:

EdK said:
ladies post pics of your stella stuff? please?
I may also sell some of mine to ebay too anyway.
here are the pictures for you. sorry they dont look good :(
I am wanting a small turquoise drape dress or a grey cardigan dress,
*edit* :blush:

1011056499.jpg

1011050144866.jpg

1011050124075.jpg

1011050116655.jpg

1011050109446.jpg
1011050096976.jpg

1011050053610.jpg

1011050024394.jpg

1011050036040.jpg

1011050046120.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks dark angel! i wanted to see that all this hype was about. that trench coat is totally cool though, i like that! does it fit as nice as it looks though?

I dont think its fair for the people that genuinly wanted to buy some Stella pieces but couldnt because greedy women snatched them all up and are now selling them on ebay. :doh:

^ Agreed.

skyscrape said:
the song is by doves, a british band. it's called M62 Song and it's on their cd the last broadcast.:D

Thank you so much!

I went to the Chicago store today, only I didn't get there until about 2:30 in the afternoon. The blue dress I originally wanted was nowhere in sight and neither was the long sleeved shirt in my size. All they had was a large! I did pick up the white printed tank top. It's a small and still a little big on me, but I do love how it looks. A little transparent, I need to get a white strapless bra or a plain white tank to wear underneath. For $30, it was worth it and I'm pretty satisfied. Of course, I can't wear it out too much since Chicago winter is coming and fast. I'm glad I didn't have to face the huge crowd though. The lines weren't that bad either, which was a surprise because that store's always packed. I loved the shorts as well, so adorable. Were they giving out posters or something? I saw some people walking down Michigan Ave with H&M bags and some kind of poster rolled up. I came too late and got free tissues, lame!

Boston report

I went to the Downtown Crossing store at 4:30 PM today, convinced that (a) people would be less interested in a designer line for H&M this year after seeing the Lagerfeld stuff on the shelves for months on end, and (b) that Boston was simply not that into fashion and people wouldn't grab everything in sight.

Well, I was wrong. The store had been cleaned out in 2 hours, according to the sales guy. The only things left were the Stella T-shirts in blue-gray and white (or black, don't remember now), the chainmail belts and the odd bracelet, the skinny scarves (loads of those), the keychains, and the bikinis in blue-gray and the black diamante ones.

I managed to get the last of the tux jackets, albeit two sizes too big. Since I'm six months pregnant it fits me fine right now, so I don't mind. It looks alright, but what's with all these designers making tux jackets? I have one from Lagerfeld for H&M and one from Viktor & Rolf for la Redoute as well (what can I say, I fall for this hype every time).

While I was there someone also returned the black wool A-line coat and it was put back on the racks. I was so underwhelmed by it. The fabric looks cheap, and it's got way too much detailing, so overdesigned.

Two sales guys said separately that there would be no restocking. I just can't believe that. Anyone know for sure, from an inside source?

plum blossom said:
I just came back from the 5th Ave store. It was pure insanity. Much worse than the video. At one point (around 11:00am) a woman cut/stabbed another woman, while shouting:"That's mine!" :shock: . I didn't see it personally since it was total chaos, but I did hear staff over the walkies shouting for someone to call an ambulance. Followed by screams to do a lock down. Someone even said:" Search the bags of people who're leaving." Not sure if it's for the weapon or stolen merchandise.

If anyone on tfs is going to the store, please ask the staff and give us more details. :blink:

I heard that someone "jumped" one of the security guards. What does that mean?

I must have spent over 2 hours in the store 'cos they were bringing out new stuff every half hour. I'm going to the other store at 34th Street & 7th Ave tomorrow.:blush:

I'm so disappointed I slept through this. Hopefully there will still be chaos tomorrow. I plan to wake up early, get a bagel, and watch from outside.

i think it's interesting how in some countries people go crazy and others have the shelves full when closing. i wonder why? maybe that's because we have so many h&ms here.

*JJ* said:
i think it's interesting how in some countries people go crazy and others have the shelves full when closing. i wonder why? maybe that's because we have so many h&ms here.

youre lucky!! i went to 4 diff. ones because i REALLY wanted that sweaterdress and it was madnesss... i did manage to get some other stuff though, like the skinny jeans and tulip skirt-which fit great.

Luxx said:
Also I heard that there was some kind of press meeting the night before where alot of the stuff was snatched up and bought before it was in stores. Any truth to this rumor?
:huh:

According to Fashion Wire Daily, h&m had a pre-sale for fashion editors at 8am....(Link: http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/scene/fullstory.sps?inewsid=270105&itype=8488)

Stellaaaaaaa!
McCartney makes editors McCrazy

Thursday, November 10, 2005

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

1.gif

1.gif
1.gif
It’s 8 am and there’s a half-mile line at H&M.
]
Twilight Zone? No. Just Stella McCartney. The pedigreed British designer followed in Karl Lagerfeld’s footsteps this morning with the launch of Stella for H&M, her own collection for the Swedish super-chain.

Fashion editors had first dibs—provided they arrive at 8am. But the early rising wasn’t the only issue. “It’s all so good,” muttered Marie Claire’s Wendy Wallace, as she swept the first floor. There were silk camisoles for $30, velvet-sashed sheaths for $99, and a banded sweater dress with a huge, draped collar for $79 that actually caused fights.
Many looks on the floor weren’t in the company press kit, leaving some editors confused as to what they actually wanted. “Buy it all,” advised Style.com’s Laird Borelli, who arrived at the pre-sale with colleague Nicole Phelps. “You can always return it later, but if you want it later, it won’t be here.”......

violeta214 said:
:huh:

According to Fashion Wire Daily, h&m had a pre-sale for fashion editors at 8am....(Link: http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/scene/fullstory.sps?inewsid=270105&itype=8488)

Stellaaaaaaa!
McCartney makes editors McCrazy

Thursday, November 10, 2005

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

1.gif

1.gif
1.gif
It’s 8 am and there’s a half-mile line at H&M.
]
Twilight Zone? No. Just Stella McCartney. The pedigreed British designer followed in Karl Lagerfeld’s footsteps this morning with the launch of Stella for H&M, her own collection for the Swedish super-chain.

Fashion editors had first dibs—provided they arrive at 8am. But the early rising wasn’t the only issue. “It’s all so good,” muttered Marie Claire’s Wendy Wallace, as she swept the first floor. There were silk camisoles for $30, velvet-sashed sheaths for $99, and a banded sweater dress with a huge, draped collar for $79 that actually caused fights.
Many looks on the floor weren’t in the company press kit, leaving some editors confused as to what they actually wanted. “Buy it all,” advised Style.com’s Laird Borelli, who arrived at the pre-sale with colleague Nicole Phelps. “You can always return it later, but if you want it later, it won’t be here.”......

yep a girl i know went on line at the store on 51st and 5th ave at 7:30, and they were having the private party 8-10 and she said the girls were just buying EVERYTHING, that when they let people in, the majority of stock was gone.

I went to the H&M in Utrecht and Í'm glad it wasn't as chaotic as in Amsterdam. I just didn't know that some stores didn't have the entire collection, so after visiting the first store I had to go to another for the other items. Actually it went perfect, I foud all the clothes I wanted and even had the opportunity to try them on in the fitting rooms!
I got: blue wrap dress (much prettier in real), black wide legged pants (perfect fit), blue denim jacket with matching skirt and the satin jumpsuit in blue and black (my favorite). :heart: It was better quality and fit than I expected, but ofcourse I haven't washed them yet.

Weirdest thing that happened: a girl bought the scarf but had to ask the shop assistent what it was (she thought it were tights or a very short bolero thing). Why buy something when you don't know what it is???? :doh:

This sounds just like what happens at the Sass and bide sales in Sydney. Definately not pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karolys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->