Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
the trench and the black dress posted above are really cute in my opinion
I didn't go to hm yesterday and i'm not going today either, but it's not so important It's just clothes...

The H&M sales assistant called me today, that they have received another delivery including the trench coats. The store is not too far away from where I live, so I went there this morning. The smallest is way too big for me - ok, I am a very small person - but still, I think it's only for girls next to the 200 cm mark. I am so disappointed, I really wanted that coat so much. I love the brown/olive shade with that pearlized effect and the pillowy shape. In my opinion the XS should be sold as an L.

They seemed to have received a lot of stuff again as the racks where full. Only the tight jeans where gone - happily I got them for myself yesterday. Very few people today, so no hype here in Salzburg. I heard the sales assistants chatting that they were wondering about it, because everything sold so quickly in Great Britain. No wonder, they only carried the half of the collection and what they restocked was mostly trash, the Ts, the camis and the chain belts. The people may be a bit conservative here, but I guess they wouldn't waste ther money either for something that's so not a 'dernière cri' - Stella's designs for H&M are like a best off compilation of her work, so it has been with us for years already.

I don't believe that anybody is willing to pay the prices on ebay. Somehow, I really find it disgusting to snatch everything and double the prices. For that amount of money one can get really nice things (even on net-a-porter.com in the sale section) that few people wear and also, I'd refuse to support those people's business policies.

The sizing issue really seems to be strange: so many people in this forum were complaining about the huge sizes. While I think, this is definetly true when it comes to the jackets and shirts, I can't say this applies to the trousers as well. They were just fine and true to size in my opinion, but maybe they labeled the clothes differenty in various countries.

RoseMary said:
hey, you are from austria too? that's cool ;-)

i was in "kärnter straße". there were some people but i could get everything i wanted - i just bought the grey blazer and two tops.

in which h&m were you?

na, da war ma im gleichen h&m...

I went there in the afternoon (they opened at 9a.m.) but there weren't many people at all..

I bought this longsleeve top with the prints on it in blue..

didn't really like the rest of the collection
the jeans were too long for me (I'm 5'5' and have short legs..)
and most of the tops were too big (I usually need to take size xs but these shirts were way to big...)

impossibleprincess said:
I bought that shirt, and I do love it. It was the one piece I had to have. Do you guys remember when I was looking for Holly Golightly's oversized night shirt when she opens the door to George Peppard in Breakfast at Tiffany's? It's like that. I've been looking for one for ages.

I remember. :P

It looks like a gorgeous shirt, what are you going to wear it with, ImpossiblePrincess? :woot:

scara said:
na, da war ma im gleichen h&m...

I went there in the afternoon (they opened at 9a.m.) but there weren't many people at all..

I bought this longsleeve top with the prints on it in blue..

didn't really like the rest of the collection
the jeans were too long for me (I'm 5'5' and have short legs..)
and most of the tops were too big (I usually need to take size xs but these shirts were way to big...)

ha, wie lustig :P

yes, that's right, the shirts are so big, so i took xs. i just bought the grey blazer for my sister, nothing more. i just don't like when everyone wears the same plus i think the quality is rather poor...

miss6o said:
if they send stuff everyday whats the big hassle?
According to most stores, they are sold out and are not scheduled to receive additional shipments. Some locations have even dismantled the Stella displays to make room for other merchandise.

Caffeine said:
i was surprised by the ebay prices...will people pay that much?
I bought a blue cami and a black tulip skirt. The cami is too big so I will return it. the tulip skirt's waist is too large for me, so I actually added two darts on the back to make it sit on my waist very high. It looks way better:smile:
As an ebay buyer and seller, I think it's a little gross what people are doing with these prices....$200 strating price for a $50 top? It's greed at its best, that's for sure.

I saw tons of women yesterday with piles of clothes that they obviously had no intention of wearing ....then there's some poor girl at the racks, desperately looking for an item in her size. I agree, it's not fair.

my bf just got me the white shirt in Amsterdam~
he said there wasn't that many people either~
yet i am so so so happy coz i like the piece so much:woot: :heart:

NYC flagship had brawls ensued

Anyone from NYC besides me? Did you hear what happened yesterday? The night before Stella's clothing line was to debut a line was already forming at 3 am Thursday. And by the time doors opened a horde of mob of women rushed in. Apparently, Stella McCartney's clothes were made so well you can't tell if it's Couture or H&M line. The stitchings and material looked high end for the retail price on average of $40 and up! Women were having catfights, screaming, elbowing, throwing fits, tantrums and shoving matches making WWWF looked so tame! They were even grabbing clothes from one another which ensues a brawl. :lol:

...for something that was for the low-end such as H&M Stella's clothes are tailored like her high-end line. Quite interesting...

Last edited by a moderator:
umm......hate to disappoint but the range is lightyears away from couture.........

O! I went yesterday to look at the remnants..Little did I know that there eould be 10 garments left..It was hilarious!

I went back to my local h&m today, it was busy, but hardly anyone was even taking notice of the stella stuff. They didn't have that much stuff left, but then again, we didnt get that much stuff in the first place.....

but I spoke to the floor manager and according to her for the next 2 weeks they are scheduled to get deliveries for the next 2weeks until the stock runs out

sorry meant to say, they are scheduled to get deliveried everyday for the next 2 weeks

^wow, that's really a lot!!! they surely didn't have this with the lagerfeld stuff last year....
very soon EVERYONE will be running around in the same stuff......

^my worse fears confirmed.......Stella H&M clones running rampant on the streets.

Did anyone else notice that the tulip skirt was pink on the h&m website, yet in stores it was black????? or did anyone see a pink one?

susie_bubble said:
^my worse fears confirmed.......Stella H&M clones running rampant on the streets.

yeah, that's exactly what made me not to buy a lot of it !

Wow-- the hysteria caused by this event is shocking to me- and not in a good way. The whole idea of buying something just so someone else won't have it is pretty gross. :( Unlike couture, these clothes are not special and unique- they are mass-produced and mass-marketed items that a lot of people are going to have anyway. One quote above from a women in the pre-party sale before the store opened said 'just buy it all now, because it won't be there later'. Fear buying? Get a grip, people! Obviously, lining up to get at a new collection of goods is not a brand new phenomenon, but this was a world-wide event and really proves what consumerist gluttons we've become as a society at large. I will not be buying any of this, not because I don't like some of the pieces, but because I would not want to wear something that has such a stigma attached to it in my mind. Sad times- the jeans looked really cute and maybe the tulip skirts, too:doh:

I am sure they wil be re-stocking for weeks, so maybe by the time I wander into h&m, I'll have changed my mind:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktkees1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->