Top 10 New Faces F/W 10.11

^Georgia didn't walk too many in NY, but she's rocking London and should do okay in Milan at least :smile:

These are the newcomers who solidified their status in NY & London:

1. Ann Kenny/DNA- most consistent of all
2. Jenny Sinkaberg/IMG
3. Joan Smalls/IMG
4. Julia Nobis/ELITE
5. Julija Steponaviciute/IMG
6. Lisanne de Jong/ELITE
7. Vanessa Hegelmeir/IMG

Last edited by a moderator:
Other girls to watch out for:

DNA- Annemara Post, Kirby Kenny & Ilvie
ELITE- Hannah Holman, Ming Xi & Sun Fei Fei
FORD- Marlena Szoka, Charlene Almarvez & Chrishelle Stubbs
IMG- Lindsey White
MARILYN- Lindsey Wixson & Simona Andrejic
MUSE- Shena Moulton
NEXT- Georgia, Ella Drake (MDC tipped her Milan exclusive :shifty:) & Ramona Chmura
NYMM- Melissa, Sedene & Ylonka
SILENT- Othilia
SUPREME- Antonella, Amanda & Rose (French Vogue cover might give her a huge boost in Paris)
VIVA- Carla Gebhart & Kirsi Pyrhonen
WILHELMINA- Marike Le Roux
WOMEN- Kristy Kaurova & Lais Ribiero

^
I'd add Tety Melnychuk for Marilyn as well. :stuart:
She walked in good shows in NYC (Marshall approved) and is doing well in London. I think Europe will embrace her.

These are the newcomers who solidified their status in NY & London:

1. Ann Kenny/DNA- most consistent of all
2. Jenny Sinkaberg/IMG
3. Joan Smalls/IMG
4. Julia Nobis/ELITE
5. Julija Steponaviciute/IMG
6. Lisanne de Jong/ELITE
7. Vanessa Hegelmeir/IMG

8. Tetyana Melnychuk/MARILYN

shame on me I forgot her :lol: thanks for reminding soymilkfreak :flower:

NEXT- Georgia, Ella Drake (MDC tipped her Milan exclusive :shifty:

Seems more than obvious that it will be Gucci.

Yuliana Dementyeva apparently also has an exclusive somewhere (as mentioned by her Paris agency in an interview on models.com).

^ wow! That would be cool! It's been a while since Gucci had an exclusive :smile: the last I remember was Abbey Lee @ F/W08 :woot: Hopefully Ella delivers...goodluck to Yulia D. as well

MDC's first pick goes to Joan Smalls

I'm betting on Shena Moulton at Prada Thursday to cement her status. She's the only new girl I'm fond of.

We're going to need someone to really stand out in Milan and Paris b/c no newcomer had a standout NYC show season. Last year, J Jablonski was on her way to staking her place among the top catwalkers by the time the European shows came around. I don't know that any new girl this year did the same. And I don't count Lindsay W, H Holman, or Lisanne new since they already had momentum coming out of the s/s 10 shows. Marlena S also did some shows in Europe and Chrishelle has been around for a few years though Next did nothing for her.

they did last F/W season I believe, but past season they just did one list.. then bonuses at the end.

Top 10 Newcomer FW 10: Joan Smalls (IMG)
February 23rd, 2010 by wayne

joan45.jpg

Joan Smalls backstage at Christopher Kane (London Fashion Week)
Photo by: Irene Scioti, courtesy of Cheryl Leung

This is not Joan Small’s very first Fashion Week but it is her premiere as a model worthy of all those buzzwords that we love at OTM. And indeed Ms Smalls is the very definition of coveted, blue chip and must-have right this minute. Coming off a sweeping FW10 NYC and London season, Joan has walked for Antonio Berardi, Christopher Kane, Aquascutum, Julian McDonald, Anna Sui, Michael Kors, Rodarte, Marc Jacobs, Altuzarra and Alexander Wang. This is all after her surprise appearance at the Givenchy Spring 10 couture showing, proving again that Riccardo Tisci stands as a very prescient tastemaker when it comes to model choices. Milan stands as her next platform, with Paris bound to be an interesting venue for a young woman who has proven herself to be the very definition of grace and professionalism. And already in all that velocity are the sparks of very avid interest from some of fashion’s finest photographers. It couldn’t happen to a nicer girl.

models.com

^Well MDC has always been rooting for all around American girls and Joan is no exception. I saw this coming all along but I do think it's well deserved. I rooted for Joan for a long time and now, I'm happy she's actually made it.

My Top 10 NY :flower:

Ann Kenny @ DNA
Tetyana Melnychuk @ Marilyn
Antonella Graef @ Supreme
Ylonka Verheul @ NY Models
Sedene Blake @ NY Models
Julia Nobis @ Elite
Melissa Tamarijn @ NY Models
Kirby Kenny @ DNA
Alicia Kuzcman @ One
Simona Andrejic @ Marilyn/ Georgia Hilmer @ Next

Definitely, my fav girl was Valerija Kelava @ Next but I think she's not new face at all... the same with Jenny Sinkaberg @ IMG ^_^
I have to say I'm dying with London newcomers!! :woot: Especially Carla Gebhart and Kirsi Pyrhonen.

I forgot Manon Pieto @ Elite :P:heart:

Okay, so here's my actual list (not exactly predections, but just girls I personally think are great and have big potential to do well after FW too)

1. Carla Gebhart
2. Ann Kenny

3. Ylonka Verheul
4. Julia Nobis
5. Georgia Hilmer
6. Ilvie Wittek
7. Simona Andrejic

no particular order and I only included real newcomers.
Besides these girls, I think Antonella Graef, Valerija Kelava, Tetyana Melnychuk and Jenny Sinkaberg (who are all in their second season now) should have a promising career ahead of them aswell.

Personal Top 10 for NY...taking liberty with a few "older" girls:

Ann Kenny/DNA
Antonella Graef/Supreme
Jenny Sinkaberg/IMG
Joan Smalls/IMG
Lais Ribeiro/Women
Melissa Tamarijn/NYMM
Simona Andrejic/Marilyn
Tati Cotliar/Next (My "adventurous" choice)
Tetyana Melnychuk/Marilyn
Ylonka Verheul/NYMM

I quite agree with you spotting Tati as a potential contender for the list... I'd even say as the challenger :D She's building her career her own way, often surprising like when she got last season's VW campaign and now open MJ... she's got a good sense of (quirky) style and I can see her doing well in editorials too. I truly hope she keeps her current pace till the end.

As for others... typical choices don't really thrill me (I'm in love with dark horses, can't help) even if see some obvious girls who could make it hands down. Otherwise let's just say I may be rooting for Tety ^_^

This would be my post-NY Top 10 list:

Ann Kenny
Joan Smalls
Jenny Sinkaberg
Julia Nobis
Lais Ribeiro
Marike Le Roux
Melissa Tammerijn
Simona Andrejic
Tetyana Melnychuk
Ylonka Verheul

with adjustments from London: