Vogue Paris October 2010 : Lara Stone by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

^
For The 90th anniversary, i expected a diverse content, from photographer's, models to stylists! How can you have Josh Olins, and no Mario Testino? Steven Klein doing his usual schtick, and no Demarchelier? Wtf! Terry Richardson doing a bad Boudin rendition? While there is no
Craig McDean, Peter Lindbergh.....! With some tired androgyne & lifeless party spreads? Lara Stone showing her breast's (yeah yeah, they are magnificent, we all agree about that, and it was a point made many a time already by VP), and no Gisele.etc The fashion editorials are astoundingly bad to me, not to mention the god awful trite styling!

Nothing from the "new" content in this issue feels like its fresh, exciting or iconic (a great shot of Roberto Bolle will not get you cool points with me, because that aint a hard thing to achieve, since the man is a god! Nor will dressing up someones kid niece).

What i did like however, and thought its rather well edited, was the Souvenir section, and Noire Idole. But then i didn't care much for the chosen archive images of the 8 Iconic Women they featured.

After closing the magazine, i had to ask myself; is this really the best they can offer from & for ninety years of Vogue Paris? I say no, i refuse to believe that! I hope things change at VP, and they find their "sexy" back, because they have been serving us a very cold dish for a damn while now, imho anyway.

ps: Thank you for being mature enough not to throw an abbreviation, or a silly smilie my way, but acknowledging that we are all entitled to our opinion in this forum. And i'm glad that you, unlike me, love the issue, and find it satisfactory.

The Androgyne ed is really weak, it's a worse version of the Boy Meets Girl ed from a while back, May I think it was? Well basically it's identical except that was Raquel and this is Iselin, but Raquel is obviously so much better.

"La Petite"
Photographer: Hedi Slimane
Styling: Carine Ritfeld
Model: Violette

vogueparis-digital

sorry if this has already been mentioned, but how old is violette?
her ed is lovely. i really like the simplicity.

Couldn't agree more!
Vogue Paris really needs new blood. The magazine has been lame every month for the last 2~3years.

And it sucks to see an anniversary issue without brand like Balenciaga. Yes, I'm still uncomfortable about the banning and being banned affair.
i have seen all these stories done before , only better .

Violette reminds me of a young Brooke Shields back in the early 80's.

I think La Petite is lovely in many ways, but I can think of so many other ways that those eight pages could have been used in an anniversary issue.

It was already been posted somewhere earlier in the thread that this issue doesn't have an En Vogue, or Zoom section. :smile:

La Petite

Fabulous ed from this young girl. :heart: She knows how to pose and the strong blacks are so effective. I could see Demarchelier shoot this ed. She is, as someone mentioned earlier, a bit of a young Brooke. Striking face and amazing grown up mane of hair. I don't think we have seen the last of her.

Fabulous ed from this young girl. :heart: She knows how to pose and the strong blacks are so effective. I could see Demarchelier shoot this ed. She is, as someone mentioned earlier, a bit of a young Brooke. Striking face and amazing grown up mane of hair. I don't think we have seen the last of her.

Her older sister is amazingly beautiful too (she was featured in French Elle a few times). Inès de la Fressange can be proud of her daughters.

I completely agree with agee. Violette is lovely but COME ON this is supposed to be a 90th anniversary issue celebrating, well 90 freakin years of fashion, not a child playing dress-up, should have saved it for next month.

^

For The 90th anniversary, i expected a diverse content, from photographer's, models to stylists! How can you have Josh Olins, and no Mario Testino? Steven Klein doing his usual schtick, and no Demarchelier? Wtf! Terry Richardson doing a bad Boudin rendition? While there is no Craig McDean, Peter Lindbergh.....! With some tired androgyne & lifeless party spreads? Lara Stone showing her breast's (yeah yeah, they are magnificent, we all agree about that, and it was a point made many a time already by VP), and no Gisele.etc The fashion editorials are astoundingly bad to me, not to mention the god awful trite styling!

Nothing from the "new" content in this issue feels like its fresh, exciting or iconic (a great shot of Roberto Bolle will not get you cool points with me, because that aint a hard thing to achieve, since the man is a god! Nor will dressing up someones kid niece).

What i did like however, and thought its rather well edited, was the Souvenir section, and Noire Idole. But then i didn't care much for the chosen archive images of the 8 Iconic Women they featured.

After closing the magazine, i had to ask myself; is this really the best they can offer from & for ninety years of Vogue Paris? I say no, i refuse to believe that! I hope things change at VP, and they find their "sexy" back, because they have been serving us a very cold dish for a damn while now, imho anyway.

ps: Thank you for being mature enough not to throw an abbreviation, or a silly smilie my way, but acknowledging that we are all entitled to our opinion in this forum. And i'm glad that you, unlike me, love the issue, and find it satisfactory.

This might be the best post of the year :lol:. Seriously...it's beyond me why Carine couldn't have pulled in JoeMcKenna, Jane How or Anastasia Barbieri to pull this issue out of the dredges :innocent:...

^ I've just contacted Condé Nast customer service and they told that the portfolio/supplement is only available to french buyers, so it's available everywhere in France.
Although, you can order the issue (with the supplement) through Paris Vogue back issues department (contact form/email address is available at vogue.fr), but at this moment the issue sold out, restock is scheduled for January 2011.

It's a shame that as usual all the supplements are not released worldwide.

Thanks! Yeah, I ended up picking it up at Relay on the Métro (in Paris). It may be sold out from Vogue, but it's still in stock in magazine stands around France. If you're interested in getting one, your best bet is to try and ask someone you know who is living in France to mail it to you.

i also wanted that supplement, and it's a shame they didn't printed it for every magazine, that would've been a great gift to all readers, since it's anniversary.
i checked every site that carries VP in France, but it's sold out everywhere.
you you buy it from relay, but the digital issue with the supplement.

Has someone in the States got the magazine???? Is it available there already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->