Vogue Paris October 2013 : Edita Vilkeviciute by Mario Testino

I like all the components of this cover; the model, the backdrop, the styling.

...but for some reason all together there's something a little off about it. I don't know what it is. :(

I think that's what happens when anyone attempts the style of Helmut Newton; somehow you still expect to feel the touch of the master, but instead you're left with a pastiche that lacks the true sense of intent that was always in his shots.

I still like it though, I definitely do.

Edita! :wub:

always a pleasure to see Edita, but it's just too much of everything. Don't know weather to look at her, text or background.
I agree, it's too bad, it looks so messy. I wish she wasn't wearing this atrocious Balmain outfit. I wish she wasn't wearing anything :lol:

Excited that she is on the cover, can't wait for the editorial!

not a fan it's such a shame...the outfit is horrible and i am not a fan of edita. someone else would have been better, with a less offensive look :lol:

Edita is a dream and seeing her on Vogue Paris cover is just wonderful, however I feel the cover is not what it could've been. It's like too much is going on there. I hope the edits will take my breath away :heart:

as far as I am concerned this cover is long overdue simply because Edita is one of the most beautiful models of all times... but the styling is just an eye soar...

Apparently, the issue has the French Riviera as one of its inspiration. I think that cover reflects very well what it has become: the place to be for new money and opulent (to put it nicely) luxury.

I couldn't agree more... ;-)))

Glad to see Edita get the cover but her expression is kinda off. Also the background is fussy and it seems like there's too much going on. A definite miss especially considering last month's stunning cover.

I love Edita Vilkeviciute, she just oozes sex. :wub:
Anyways I like the cover but there's something about the cover that I don't necessary.. Overall see LUXE all the way.

stunningcover i like Edita good photo & styling great!!!!:heart:

the cover looks like an spanish or greek vogue, that's not paris anymore...

Love it! Edita simply deserves this cover, she's such a fantastic model.

^^ that's true any VP cover feels like it's actually a cover for this magazine since Carine left.

About time to put Edita on the cover! Such a gorgeous woman, she really deserved it.

I like the cover how it is, honestly. Perhaps if the colours (or the sky) were less saturated, I would've enjoyed it a bit more. Can't wait to see more!

Love the cover! background one of my favorite cities on earth!

MARIO TESTINO is the overrated photographer right behind Terry R.

this month the pages of vogue paris drip with diamonds, evening dresses and desire. With a cover shot by mario testino under the riviera sunshine, the october 2013 edition is dedicated to all things decadent. On newsstands september 25.

"luxury is a highly flammable term. These days, putting it on the cover of a magazine is playing with fire. And yet, it's vogue’s natural habitat, it’s oldest haunt and luxury has never been so inspiring" writes emmanuelle alt, editor-in-chief of vogue paris, in her editorial for the october 2013 edition. Destination: Monaco, the jewel in the golden crown of sandy beaches that is the french riviera, where the most beautiful boats on the mediterranean ocean dock throughout the year. On the cover this month is edita vilkeviciute who strikes a pose against the turquoise sea for her very first vogue cover shot by mario testino. The lithe lithuanian model shows off an enviable figure under the riviera sunshine which dances on her diamonds and bounces off the black leather of her luxe look. As elizabeth taylor once said: “'life isn't just about money, there is also fur and jewelry”. The motto of stylish women the world over, this phrase is at the heart of the october 2013 issue which boldly brings together these two ultimate symbols of opulence for a jewelry editorial which flirts with the very essence of desire. This october, luxury isn’t just a dream of things to come, but firmly a thing of the present as the magazine takes a frank look at today's industry and presents a feature on phoebe philo, the designer who has been sharpening her interpretation of high-end at céline since 2008. We have silver-screen gold in the form of actress adèle exarchopoulos, three time winner at the cannes film festival. And not forgetting the little gems at the heart of this month’s children special supplement on paris’ youngest generation, who, snuggled up in their winter sweaters, call to mind the newsboys of yesteryear.

- vogue.fr

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
limonjuices
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->