Vogue Paris October 2013 : Edita Vilkeviciute by Mario Testino

It's a terribly pathetic cover. A pose and outfit like this demands confidence. And she has so little of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a terribly pathetic cover. A pose and outfit like this demands confidence. And she has so little of that.

??

The cover is the epitome of a mysterious, cool and fierce woman..not too aggressive..I love it! It reflects Emanuelle Alt kind of style.
Only because Edita is not acting like a feroshka it doesn't mean she's not confident in that shot. The only thing I don't like it's the background location.

??

The cover is the epitome of a mysterious, cool and fierce woman..not too aggressive..I love it! It reflects Emanuelle Alt kind of style.
Only because Edita is not acting like a feroshka it doesn't mean she's not confident in that shot. The only thing I don't like it's the background location.

I think she looks like a whimp. And it shows why she has gotten so few covers over the years. But why listen to me when so many people in the thread seem to love her and think this cover is the greatest since sliced bread?

I only see a weak Karen Mulderish pose and an undetermined wishy-washy facial expression. Sure, she is gorgeous. But she can't bring this cover home because she doesn't have much to offer the camera aside from physical perfection.

^i dont agree with this at all while i dont love this cover this statement seems to belittle Edita's skills as a model. In all of Edita's editorials there is a model who is confident and fully aware of her body (any Akrans story, and look at her recent editorial for Industrie) and shes actually had quite a bit of covers http://www.dnamodels.com/women-main-board/edita-vilkeviciute/covers/view-all

I think she looks like a whimp. And it shows why she has gotten so few covers over the years. But why listen to me when so many people in the thread seem to love her and think this cover is the greatest since sliced bread?

I only see a weak Karen Mulderish pose and an undetermined wishy-washy facial expression. Sure, she is gorgeous. But she can't bring this cover home because she doesn't have much to offer the camera aside from physical perfection.
I agree with all the points you made about this cover. She is simply not selling this!

Great point of view, her aura isn't present at all!

I hate the people critic the cover because no like the model rhe idea is say other critic

Before we go blaming Edita for the quality of the cover, let us be reminded that a lot goes into a photo. Surely Edita didn't pick this shot to be the cover. Surely she didn't have full creative direction in terms of the shoot. Sure it's not the best cover ever, but I don't think we need to personally attack Edita as a model just because the photo chosen as the cover isn't up to everyone's high expectations.

Why is everyone blaming edita for this cover? Apart from the September issue, when did VP actually have a great cover? Not for a year basically, Alt's the main reason this cover sucks, why the editorials suck. And hell, I bet the articles suck too but I can't attest to that bc I don't read French. Bottom line, don't ever blame a model bc they're just doing what the person in charge wants them to do.

I think she looked very sexy, can't wait to see the eds!

After my excitement for seeing Edita on the cover (just like when I saw Axente on German Vogue October cover), I realize the only thing that work here is Edita herself. The outfit just doesn't suit the backdrop, which seems so fake. It is really nice in reality, but here just tiresome.

I pray the colours will be a bit different in real life/when printed.

The outfit just doesn't suit the backdrop, which seems so fake.

Agreed, ain't nobody going to make this look good. The Balmain belt is bigger than the entire coastline. Am I supposed to find it sexy because of the cleavage? Sorry, it's mostly just awkward and goofy.

Great to see Edita on the cover of VP, but this is so boring, is more an Hello!... or many celebrity mags.

??

Before we go blaming Edita for the quality of the cover, let us be reminded that a lot goes into a photo. Surely Edita didn't pick this shot to be the cover. Surely she didn't have full creative direction in terms of the shoot. Sure it's not the best cover ever, but I don't think we need to personally attack Edita as a model just because the photo chosen as the cover isn't up to everyone's high expectations.

I don't think she does a good job on this cover. Does that mean I'm an idiot who thinks the model has full control over the styling and photography? No. Does it mean that I think the model is a crucial part of fashion photographs? Yes.

The belt is distracting, yes, the shot from slightly below is sub par, but in addition to that Edita happens to, according to me, look moronic. And that does not help.

Perhaps they had other shots that were good but they chose this one because they have no taste. But more likely, most of the shots showed a gorgeous woman with nothing to communicate to the camera other than just that. There are very few models who could carry this cover off, perhaps ten or so alive today. So the blame falls first on the VP team, and then on Edita, that goes without saying.

nah, it doesn't really "go without saying". you were communicating to everyone that Edita was the sole person to blame for the lackluster cover. which she isn't. I'm aware that you aren't oblivious about the industry, but that's what you were making yourself out to be with your initial comments about the cover.

The cover has lots of Bs floating around in my head: boobs... big hair... belt... Balmain.

I think Edita is beautiful but she does nothing for me here. Like iluvjeisa said, Edita is lacking the confidence to carry off a cover like this - perhaps another model would have changed this from something totally insipid into something wonderfully gaudy. Edita has no presence, and that is at least one thing the VP team can not be faulted with. A model carries a cover just as much as the styling and photography team does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peedgren
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->