Pirelli Calendar 2010 [No images from the calendar allowed]

I find the pictures so far a bit strange - sloths are just not 'sexy' animals (nor are chickens for that matter)!:lol:

^ Ah, but it's not a chicken, you see. It's a rooster. Aka a cockerel. Terry Richardson is not one for subtle. :P

^ Ah, but it's not a chicken, you see. It's a rooster. Aka a cockerel. Terry Richardson is not one for subtle. :P

Now I get it! Oh dear, I didn't even think of it that way! :doh: So obvious, so Terry Richardson. All could think of was the euphemism 'choking the chicken'!:lol:

I'm still trying to figure out the phallic significance of a sloth though! :P

Yea, still trying to figure that one out myself lol. I get the snake and even the bull....but the sloth has me confounded. :P

Maybe the sloths represent "slow and steady" in terms of intercourse? Lol I don't know. Surely Terry had something in mind when he put them in the shot, otherwise they wouldn't be covering the models' breasts :lol:

Hopefully the calendar will not look so cheep like the baskstage fotos.

I actually have a problem because several of them look / are so young.

I actually have a problem because several of them look / are so young.

This was in reply to my message immediately before. It was deleted because I talked about something that is "banned" according to the rules, by accident. I guess I can't say what it was without breaking the rules again so I won't say. It's not relevant anyway.

But aside from that, I made a joke that the pirelli calendar models needed to become younger or else better looking, "one or the other", to be edgier. So that's what she's responding to.

Thanks for replying. But, may I ask you to specify what your "problem" is? Some people would find it inappropriate to put "young" people in a sexualized calendar like the pirelli. But then again fashion has so many "young" women modeling anyway.
On the other hand some people would just be bored by girls that look young as in "without character" and boring.
Or some others yet would find it to be like the cradle robbing the grave, with young models taking money and jobs away from older models.

I keep saying "young" but that too needs to be specified. Some people would say 14 is "young" others 18 others 25 others 35 etc. These girls *I think but I'm not sure* are all over 18 (not that that has any legal relevance so long as it's "art") and a few "look" like they're about 16. But then again in the real world some young people / teens actually look very old and worn for their age and some quite older adults look extremely young, to the point that they might still be asked for i.d. to prove they're legal adults at all. So looks are deceptive.

So, if you like, could you specify both what age of "young" you refer to and what the nature of the problem with the calendar would be? It's an interesting fashion industry point that isn't discussed much.
And don't discuss politics or they'll erase your words. That too is against the rules, I just re-learned. It'd be interesting to see if such a discussion is possible while maintaining a civil / apolitical tone.

I like the cast a lot. Eniko, Cat, and Lily :wub:

the full calendar should be coming out in a couple of weeks, will be interesting to see

calendar was presented TODAY. some models were at the event,

i've just seen the video backstage and some images in a TV program

:flower:

Thank you, those are brand new backstage photos :woot:
I'm sooooo excited for this but we will have to wait a lot though for the shots.

post 94 and 97 should be not backstage pics, but pics from calendar :wink: at list press is doing different galleries from calendar and backstages. (backstage in post 95).

and i've also noticed the official site of calendar is down so maybe that's all we get this year :flower:

Wow, thank you Francy! I like some of the images so far, I'm more excited in seeing some of my favorites! :woot:

calendar was presented TODAY. some models were at the event,

i've just seen the video backstage and some images in a TV program

:flower:

Oh wow, but it was a short video, no ? not like that long one (22 min) we got from last year's calendar ?

and i've also noticed the official site of calendar is down so maybe that's all we get this year

What's the official site ? Maybe it's down temporarily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->