Project Runway Season 8

^ I agree. I was glad that they were doing another Couture challenge until I realized that they had to make a RTW outfit as well. The producers/judges should have expected a mess.

I am a Gretchen fan but what she produced should have been on the bottom. I really think that her detailing and her RTW outfit put her in the top. The front was hideous of her "Couture" outfit and the styling was so "Awaiting the Renaissance". Mondo wasn't any better. His bodice was way too junior. The shapes in the back were cool of his couture outfit but like Gretchen, his RTW outfit probably got him the win. Andy's was cool but his Couture looked like those metallic plates were just add ons. And his RTW was Balmain.

My personal preference should have been Michael C to go :shifty: but I am happy with Ivy's departure. Kors nailed it on the head that she's a good seamstress but not a good designer.

I didn't like any of the looks this week.

I'm quickly falling out of love with Project Runway. Like other members have said, I would like to watch an episode where they're giving a more realistic time limit, and produce just one look, because I truely believe we would see who the best designers are that way. Even the best designer in the world would probably deliver a hot mess of an outfit if you rushed them.

And them pushing that hp thing down our throats is starting irk me. Even most of the contestants don't like using it.

I love Mondo, but i really don't think he should win.
I want Michael C out, i can't stand him!
Ivy, such a shame, Valerie has to go out.
Can't wait for next week!

I didn't like any of the looks this week.

I'm quickly falling out of love with Project Runway. Like other members have said, I would like to watch an episode where they're giving a more realistic time limit, and produce just one look, because I truely believe we would see who the best designers are that way. Even the best designer in the world would probably deliver a hot mess of an outfit if you rushed them.

And them pushing that hp thing down our throats is starting irk me. Even most of the contestants don't like using it.

Yeah, I also notice the designers prefer to sketch by hand. This show is so shameless with the plugs. It sounds like one huge advertisement at times.

What were the judges thinking? I can't believe Gretchen was praised for creating an ugly high fashion look that wasn't high fashion and an ugly ready to wear. Both outfits didn't even seem to have any sort of cohesion and she was the top 3. It's pretty clear now that Gretchen will make the finale by any means necessary even if it's not deserved. This season is pretty bad. I wasn't thrilled with any of the designs. No wonder why Tim is so pissed:innocent:

I'm quickly falling out of love with Project Runway. Like other members have said, I would like to watch an episode where they're giving a more realistic time limit, and produce just one look, because I truely believe we would see who the best designers are that way. Even the best designer in the world would probably deliver a hot mess of fan outfit if you rushed them.

I definitely agree. Most challenges is like, here's your challenge, you have 30 minutes to think of something up and like 20 minutes to shop and have less than 24 hours to execute the design/make it. And this challenge, they expected couture like in two days, plus they had to make a RTW outfit. Pretty ridiculous. I would LOVE to see real designers do a challenge like this, just to see what they could produce.

Well, I always watch it mainly for the drama though! Gretchen and Ivy are such great reality tv contestants. :heart:

silk skin paws I think we get by now you don't like Gretchen. The topic could be about watching paint dry and you will somehow make it about what a "b*tch" Gretchen is.

^she's entitled to her opinion but as a Gretchen fan, I even made a face when she was named top 3. The "couture" outfit was styled like some hippie's Renaissance fair. Not my cup of tea IMO. The RTW outfit was nicer to the eye though. So who knows. I am sure there have been strong people in the past season of PR that have gotten eliminated before fashion week. Time will tell! :shifty:

This is what Peach had to say about Michael C in a post-exit interview:

"There were two sides of Michael Costello and one of them did not have the nicest language; not just curse words, subject matter too. I don’t know how to put it, but he is not the victim that they’re painting him to be."

There is something about Michael C that rubs me the wrong way. I think it started with his snark comment about Jason. Nice to his face and then calling Jason a psycho to the camera. I'm not a big fan of Ivy because watching her reminds me of some of the people I have to work with. It's unpleasant. But Michael C is just another story.

Someone posted this on Huffingtonpost and it mirrors my own feelings about him
"If you go to Peach's interview on T&L, you'll see she reports that Michael C is considered two faced because he presents as the sad-eyed little kid on camera, then snarks and swears when the camera is off. The contestants know when they are being filmed--the camera operator is a dead giveaway. Gretchen has poor social skills and little self-awareness, but she seems relatively honest. Michael's manipulative dishonesty is what's driving the other designers to distraction. You can see how well the act is working in all the sympathy that MC is getting in these comments from viewers.

In other words, he's one way on camera and another way in private. G&I are being less than gracious on camera and that's earning them a lot of deserved negativity. But I don't think the dislike of Michael C is some sort of snobby clique rejection. The fact that you see no one standing up for him is a neon-lights clue. The fact that even Peach dislikes him, given her determination to stay positive about life is another big flag.

Last edited by a moderator:
This season is pretty bad. I wasn't thrilled with any of the designs. No wonder why Tim is so pissed:innocent:

IA. I don´t love any designer, only pieces here and there. I´m not really rooting for anybody to win, only for some people to go :P Ivy was one of them and she´s out, hope Valerie will be next. Michael C´s overacting dramatic faces are annoying...

I´m looking forward to see the fabric´s designs in the next episode.

^she's entitled to her opinion but as a Gretchen fan, I even made a face when she was named top 3. The "couture" outfit was styled like some hippie's Renaissance fair. Not my cup of tea IMO. The RTW outfit was nicer to the eye though. So who knows. I am sure there have been strong people in the past season of PR that have gotten eliminated before fashion week. Time will tell! :shifty:

I agree the looks weren't good, but she probably belonged in top 3 by default. Though if it were up to me, like I said, I wouldn't have anybody in "top 3" last week. Everyone did such a terrible job it was embarrassing.

Michael C is awful. I always thought there was something about him that wasn't right, lol.

"There were two sides of Michael Costello and one of them did not have the nicest language; not just curse words, subject matter too."

This made me like him even more:ninja:

They all were saying how bad Michael C construction skills are.

Too me, his designs have been some of the best ones, construction wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
silk skin paws I think we get by now you don't like Gretchen. The topic could be about watching paint dry and you will somehow make it about what a "b*tch" Gretchen is.
Hmm I don't think I called her b*tch. More than often I criticized her designs. She's been touted to have superior skills by herself and the fellow designers and I don't see it.

I agree with the opinion that all of the HC looks last episode were awful. Mondo really won only by default. He kinda had to, given what else the judges were presented with. I'm fine with Mondo winning.

I know that most of Valerie's looks have been fug, but I just love her personality so much that I don't care. I want her on my screen, darn it!

I'm glad Ivy's gone. Surprisingly, my Gretchen dislike quickly evaporated after the group challenge episode. *shrugs* She's not so bad, personality-wise anyway.

Ugh, could tonight's episode be anymore obvious. I'm really sick of this season.

tonights episode actually made me cry, I loved Mondo's look and i was moved by his inspiration. At first I thought his print was hideous but it worked in those superbly made pants with that chic jacket it really drew me in.

Everyone else was complete garbage

pretty emotional episode.

The prints were boring to me. Mondo's was out there, but why did every have to go with a neutral/dark print? Gretchen's was nice but needed size variations. Andy should have gotten the boot since he basically gave up. But I guess Valerie's time was up. I honestly didn't think of her party store dress. Thanks to Project Runway and their 24309 contestants this season I can barely even remember who made what.

I think I was more freaked out by Christopher's older boyfriend. :rofl:

Andy was lucky again. I mean what happened? The outfit look nothing like his aesthetic. He fell a part or lost focus or something.

Yeah this episode was sentimental because of the visiting families and Mondo's story.

tears, tears and more tears.
So dramatic, i think it was the best episode ever of Project Runway.
Mondo, such a brave one.
Valerie, so sad she has gone.
I think the final three will be: Andy, Mondo nad Gretchen.

Mondo had me crying like a baby. Each week I'm loving his designs more and more. Glad Valerie went home and I hope Gretchen goes next week. I want Mondo, Andy and April in the final 3. I love April she has had good designs through out the season as well as Andy. I don't understand why Gretchen has been in the top the last few times. Her designs look old and boring. The girl only knows beiges colors. I mean are you color blind?

I was bored with the emotional aspect of this episode, I flash forwarded through all of it... it feels more and more scripted each week.
I´m glad Mondo won cause his outfit and fabric were my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->