Project Runway Season 9

Zann

Reaction score
So!

Project Runway Season 9 has officially begun!!

I don't know how many of you all love this show, hate this show, or just watch it because it's background noise, but here's the thread for all the shenanigans!

:flower::flower:

ps. I just started watching the first episode so i'm a little behind :doh:

I watched the first ep (that's the only one that has been aired so far)! Interesting challenge with the bed sheet and pyjamas. I live in the UK so the show isn't that big here, but I'm going to follow it online best as I can

I'm glad you started this thread, I was hoping someone would.

I didn't even know it premiered this Thursday so I had to catch up over the weekend. I love the show and I hope they never cancel it. The first challenge was interesting but I didn't care for any of the results. The only one I kind of liked was Anthony Ryan's. For a t-shirt top and mini-skirt, it looked surprisingly chic. My other top two would probably have been Laura who made the best pair of pants. Viktor had a very nice, chic, clean dress which I thought was well made. I also found something very appealing in Fallene's dress, but then again, I felt something was missing in it.

Anya, while I like her and all, in no way deserved to be Top 3. There were better pants made and that top was just ugly. Take away the fact that she supposedly just learned to sew and the outfit is very not that good. Didn't care for Bert's dress either. I didn't see any 'wow' or 'increased volume' in it at all. In fact it was such a student-y work and not a good one at that.

As for the bottom. I didn't find Joshua's look to be THAT awful as they made it to be. I liked that little jacket. The shirt was harmless. The shorts were tight, but not atrocious. Julie deserved to be on the bottom because well, those pants. I'd probably put Kimberly in the bottom based on that top alone, just awful. And of course Rafael deserved the boot. From the dreadful pants to that unflattering shirt to that who knows what it was 'necklace'.

I love that show!!! So glad it started again! :woot:

I liked the first challenge, but there were no outstanding pieces.

But I think there are some interesting characters. I actually thought Berts dress was very pretty - nothing new though. But I was still happy for him to win the first challenge, because seems like he has had a hard time in his life so this is a great chance for him and he seems very grateful.

Can't wait for the next episode! :P

I´ve only seen episode 1, I like Anthony and Bert so far.
How cute is Olivier?! where is he from?
Who else thinks that Laura looks like Leslie Grossman LOL

imdb.com

Last edited by a moderator:
WELL.

the unconventional challenge was kind of boring. Remember the time where they had to make outfits out of recycled car parts? that was pretty interesting. this episode had me skipping certain parts to be honest.

Anthony Ryan is my favorite. Although his piece this week was VERY Mcqueen S/S 2010. I am surprised Nina did not mention it. The neckline was sooo familiar!

Bert's attitude turned me off this episode. Not a fan!

I love this show! Still not sure who is my favorite, but Olivier is adorable :wub:

I actually enjoyed the last episode, if for no other reason than the most stronger runway show we got this time than the last time around.

I have a weird feeling about the top three. On the one hand, without a doubt, those three had the best looking garments and I would pick the same ones were I to pick them. On the other hand, what they did really wasn't that impressive. They just glued a bunch of crap over what were pretty pedestrian designs. If the judges really are looking for whoever can use the most unexpected material or do the most with an unexpected material, this was neither. All three used actual fabric and just covered it up (for the most part). Using the judges' criteria, it should've been Anya, Laura and the girl who was in the bottom last week who had that kimono looking thing. They seemed to have done what was required, used unconventional material to make a garment out of it.

As for the bottom three, the ugly diaper dress was the worst, but I don't disagree with the ultimate pick for elimination. His look was boring, dull and didn't even try to pass as a fashion forward creation.

WELL.
Anthony Ryan is my favorite. Although his piece this week was VERY Mcqueen S/S 2010. I am surprised Nina did not mention it. The neckline was sooo familiar!

he´s mine as well :heart:
too bad he didn´t win... though the neckline was very similar I actually prefer his, McQueen´s was too constricted for my taste.

I hope they´ll use actual fabrics this week!

^
Lanvin F/W11.12
Nina+Garcia+Lanvin+F2011+2.jpg
Lanvin-Fall-2011-Collection-Model-Freja-Beha-Erichsen-IMG.jpg

tomandlorenzo

^Me too. Also Angela Lindvall´s hosting, I want to see how that turns out :smile:
Anyone knows the exact premiere date?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I thought that as well. Nevertheless I liked it and I'm glad they won.

Ahh, disappointing elimination. They should've sent home the other girl in the bottom two. Her outfit was just sad and she doesn't even seem like she wants to be there. The one who got eliminated... to be honest, I didn't even think she deserved to be in the bottom. I hated that they complimented her so much on the type of clothing she was making at the audition, but then tonight, that's the reason they eliminated her, because they couldn't put the look into a nice little box.

As for the top picks... it was another boring runway show so I didn't really care who won. I'm not surprised with who won, it looked 'Nina' but I HATED the fabric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->