Project Runway Season 8

I didn't really love either but I pretty much prepared myself for a Mondo win. I was never really a fan of his work on the show, other than a couple of looks, but the judges always ate it up and asked for more. Even Heidi said that they were basically knocking on his clothes for all the same reasons they loved it during the show. Plus it was the only colorful collection and I know how much Nina loves color. And a bunch of other reasons why I though he'd win, the 'emotional' story he had, all those wins late in the game, etc.

With Gretchen's collection, I agree with Michael and Nina, it was more current, but the pieces themselves were so hit and miss. Some of those flowy skirts were wonderful but then she had a bunch of very stiff, very basic looks too. Plus, I really did not care for the color palette she had, it brought it down to a level where it didn't need to be. If she had introduced some other colors here and there (even an occasional black) it would've given the collection a bit more personality.

I don't know what Andy was doing. First, all that gray? Second, it was all very department store. Those weird headbands did not suddenly make it fashion.

*sigh* I really liked Mondo's collection and while MK hated the polka dot dress, Mondo did give an alternative to the look with making a shirt in the same print. It was acknowledged briefly and then it was swept under the rug. I knew Heidi & Jessica would buckle. MK was so over-the-top, 'Read a magazine'. :rolleyes:

Now I must say that Gretchen's line wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. However, isn't it so ridiculous that last season Emilio was cast aside in the Final 3 because he designed a ready-to-wear 'line' and not a runway collection, yet this year the very same thing happened with Gretchen and she won. :blink:

Don't get me wrong as talented as Emilio is, Seth Aaron was my favorite overall so I was glad that he won. I'm just saying that the show needs to stick to its origin.

As for Andy, I did like some pieces from his collection and the ensemble he wore was super cute but it was indeed too much gray.

Now I must say that Gretchen's line wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. However, isn't it so ridiculous that last season Emilio was cast aside in the Final 3 because he designed a ready-to-wear 'line' and not a runway collection, yet this year the very same thing happened with Gretchen and she won. :blink:

Don't get me wrong as talented as Emilio is, Seth Aaron was my favorite overall so I was glad that he won. I'm just saying that the show needs to stick to its origin.
I think the judges are learning from their past mistake. Nina is trying to say that Seth serves as a warning to Mondo as his design was "a cousin [to Mondo's]. It looks nice on TV and things that are edgy and cute are fun to look at, but who will wear them but children? Nina said once Seth won, the fashion changed and his outfits were out of place. MK said that Mondo's design are for someone who is very young. It's true.

I don't see how anyone can wear Mondo's clothes other than at costume parties. As much as Jessica Simpson was waxing poetry about Mondo, I don't see her wearing any of his designs either. Not to be petty, but what the heck was she wearing last night?

As an aside, Jessica Simpson was a terrible judge. I would have liked to see Milla Jojovich or Christian Siriano again. They were very constructive judges.

What was Gretchen wearing during the final runway show? It looked like something April would design:lol:

I was never a fan of Gretchen design although her collection at fashion week was very wearable

Michael Kors was a little b**chy when he told Jessica Simpson to read a magazine which brings me to another point why was she chosen for the finale guest judge? It felt like she was used a filler or something.

I was disappointed with Andy's collection. I guess he got rid of the "warrior woman" and everything kind of fell apart or flat like the judges mentioned. He edited way too much.

Mondo's collection is more over the top. He didn't need the over the top hats when's working with bold colors and prints.

I think Jessica being a judge was a Lifetime decision. Since women could "relate" to her. Whatever that means.

Did anyone giggle at what Michael said. "There's John Galliano... who makes couture ball gowns.. and then there's.... Michael Kors." That took balls. lol

I think the judges are learning from their past mistake. Nina is trying to say that Seth serves as a warning to Mondo as his design was "a cousin [to Mondo's]. It looks nice on TV and things that are edgy and cute are fun to look at, but who will wear them but children? Nina said once Seth won, the fashion changed and his outfits were out of place. MK said that Mondo's design are for someone who is very young. It's true.

I don't see how anyone can wear Mondo's clothes other than at costume parties. As much as Jessica Simpson was waxing poetry about Mondo, I don't see her wearing any of his designs either. Not to be petty, but what the heck was she wearing last night?

As an aside, Jessica Simpson was a terrible judge. I would have liked to see Milla Jojovich or Christian Siriano again. They were very constructive judges.

I understood what Nina was saying, yet I disagree. Mondo had many pieces that I found to be wearable and I'm an adult. :lol: Yes! A lot of his looks were loud and as mentioned it wasn't necessary to add the hats but overall I enjoyed his collection very much.

With his talent I have no doubt that Mondo would have been able to make his full collection more mainstream. I can see where some found the 'youthful' aspect in his clothes due to the prints and whatnot but if one were to really look, the sophistication had not been drowned out.

Moving on...Jessica really did look a mess. The problem with Jess is that she happens to be a very full chested woman who is really short. A tasteful v-neck top and skirt would have looked much better than that glittery muumuu she was sporting. Her locks also should have been let down. The overall styling made her look very matronly
. :ninja:

O-M-G!
What a finale!
First of all, Jessica looks like a pig, ok, she hasn't have to be skiny like a corpse, but, too curvy, and that MK dress didn't help her.
So, PR 8...
I really didn't know who'll be the the winner, it was just sooo complicated: Congratz Gretchen!
The three collections was a bit weak.
Andy's was really boring, the colors was grey and green, nothing else! he completely lost himself.
Mondo's, well, too costume for me, he did so much better in the show, he needs more color, and the last dress i'm with Nina and MK.
And Gretchen, well, others prints like flowers or nature would be better, other colors, and that green leather out, and the collection would have been the best.
So sad for Mondo, but Nina and MK was right, Gretchen has the vision and knows whats next, ver girly and boho, i like her. Her dress looks like a Dolce & Gabbana FW 2010, Karlie Kloss pass.
Hope a good future for Gretchen, and want season 9!

I thinl Mondo should have won. If you look at spring/summer 2011 his collection was very much on trend. There was no design, innovation or creativity in Gretchen's collection and I even liked her on the show and wanted her to be on the final. I actually think Jessica and Heidi were the voice of the reason and Micheal Kors saying those things about Galliano..He cannot compare himself to a visionary genius. I felt this was the result of having Marieclaire and Piperlime...

I can´t believe I´m gonna say this but I´m glad Gretchen won. Though I don´t like the boho chic look there was something about it that made me like it better than Mondo´s. Funny than I´m saying this cause Seth Aaron was my favorite designer last season but it´s true what they said about fashion changing all the time, what consumers want also changes so I guess what I want right now is more accessible and easy to wear pieces than drama LOL

The judges´ discussions were so much fun to watch!! so much bitchiness lol but seriously what was Jessica Simpson doing there? women can relate to her cause she´s out of shape?! she didn´t bring any interesting criticism to the table.
Nina and MK time and time again said to Mondo to be careful about the costumey vibe of his clothes, he ended up doing what he wanted and it´s ok but he had to see that coming! I don´t think that Jessica and Heidi buckled, but if you read the fine print at the end credits (or somewhere else, I know it´s in there) it also says that the producers can decide who wins. So maybe that´s what happened, it was a tie and the decisive vote was made by someone else.
About Michael Kors´ comment about him and Galliano, I don´t think he was comparing himself to John but the contrary. They´re on opposite sites in fashion, he could have also said Calvin Klein for instance. RTW on one end, couture on the other...

When will the next season begin?

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA

Heidi Klum wore Mondo's bubble dress to the Black Swan Premiere.

Homegirl looks like a big 'ol bubble mess.

^ I didn't see that! Must look that up...

Here we go:

klum-mondo-dress_300.jpg

www.popwatch.ew.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"