Project Runway Season 9

^I watched it. I agree with you about Angela not being the greatest host, but I think Isaac is the most annoyingly desperate person to ever grace television. IDK why they chose him to do this, especially when every show he appears on gets cancelled :innocent:. Georgina was very a very good judge this episode. I think she gives constructive criticism without being over the top. My favorite addition has to be Joanna Coles. I love Tim Gunn, and she was so radically different from him that is somehow works. She is the best thing that this show has.

As far as the contestants go, I wish they would have found some way to bring back Uli, Santino,Wendy Pepper & Kara Saun!!!! They would've made this a must watch season, but we still have same of the old goodies like Austin, Rami, Mondo & little miss Kenley. I will watch the whole season, just because some of my faves are on their, but I doubt it will be the best season ever. Rami FTW this time!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
^valliaddict, I literally agreed on almost everything you said (except I'm not sure on the Rami part yet lol:D) I saw it when it premiered & even though I liked it, I thought of several people I would've rather came back. Gordana & Elisa were boring & or pointless on their own seasons so they could've filled those spots with someone really amazing:huh:

By the way, I don't know but they're saying this is the first "all-star" season but I could've sworn a while back, I saw an all-star episode with past contestants like Santino & Michael Knight coming back to design:unsure: but everytime I try to look it up, there's like noooo reference to it & it's kinda driving me crazy:rolleyes:

So It's got wondering, was that a special or do I have to get checked for lead poisoning, cuz obviously there's something wrong with my head:lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
The first episode of the all stars season was alright. I actually preferred Elisa's design over Sweet P's. The dress and proportions looked weird and off. It looked like she cut out several pieces of fabric and hoped for the best.

I think they did have an all star like episode or special where designers were allowed to come back for a second chance. For some reason I can't recall the name or remember the participating designers. It was shortly after season 5 and Korto complained about not winning again.

^^:lol: There is one little episode where a few of the past contestants (Uli, Jeffrey, Santino, Chris March, Sweet P, Korto, and I think two more) had to design 3 looks. I forgot who won, and it really wasn't that great, so there is no need to search for it. :lol:

If I had my choice of an All-Star cast it would be

Kara Saun(Season 1)- although Jay deserved to win, Kara was a very close second. I would love to see her work again.
Wendy Pepper(Season 1)- she has no taste whatsoever, but it single handedly the biggest villain in PR history.
Austin Scarlett(Season 1)- very entertaining, and can make a killer ball gown.
Santino Rice(Season 2)- no all-star season could be complete without Santino. End of story.
Andrae Gonzalo(Season 2)- I just want to hear the workroom chatters between him & Santino :lol:
Uli Herzner(Season 3)- she should have won her season, imo. :angry: She is one of my faves to have ever been on the show.
Laura Bennett(Season 3)- I'm curious to see if her aesthetic has changed since the show.
Rami Kashou(Season 4)- I think Christian deserved to win that season, but Rami would have won just about any other season.
Korto Momolu(Season 5)- her point of view is very different from any past contestant.
Kenley Collins(Season 5)- the most entertaining female to cme along since Wendy Pepper, except unlike her, she is a good designer.
Jerrell Scott(Season 5)- I'm actually not a fan, but at least he continues to surprise us.
Althea Harper(Season 6)- Irina pretty much kicked her a$$ at everything, but Althea was still a pretty solid designer.
Emilio Sosa(Season 7)- he is probably my least favorite contestant ever as far as personality, so I just want to see him get eliminated again. :lol:
Mila Kerminivski(Season 7)- a lot of people hate her, but I think she is great because she sticks to her vision every challenge.
Maya Luz(Season 7)- many may disagree, but I think if Maya didn't quit, she would have won it all. :heart:
Mondo Guerrera(Season 8)- he was robbed. Simple as that. :ninja:

I agree that they left out some people who should've been back (Laura (S3), Uli, Jillian, etc) but maybe they weren't available. I don't know what Elisa (though I love how crazy she is), Sweet P, Michael C and Anthony (he's entertaining, but bad designer) are doing there.

I also agree that Sweet P should've been the one going home. That look was tragic in every way.

^^:lol: There is one little episode where a few of the past contestants (Uli, Jeffrey, Santino, Chris March, Sweet P, Korto, and I think two more) had to design 3 looks. I forgot who won, and it really wasn't that great, so there is no need to search for it. :lol:
Ohhh, so it was more like a special or whatever.. At least it wasn't a hallucination or something:lol:

I kinda stopped watching after the 7th season (i really hated when they moved to l.a.:shock:,) but I did catch some of season 8 & Mondo WAS robbed:ninja:

I kinda have a feeling this season is about re-writing that wrong:winkiss:
Posted via Mobile Device

If I had my choice of an All-Star cast it would be

Austin Scarlett(Season 1)- very entertaining, and can make a killer ball gown.
Santino Rice(Season 2)- no all-star season could be complete without Santino. End of story.
Andrae Gonzalo(Season 2)- I just want to hear the workroom chatters between him & Santino :lol:

Mondo Guerrera(Season 8)- he was robbed. Simple as that. :ninja:

I'm very glad Austin is in the all-stars cast. I agree, I was hoping to see Santino and Andre because of their convos in the workroom :lol: and they are both very entertaining. Mondo definitively deserved that win :angry: I'm glad to see him again.

This new season is not that great, the first episode was okay, nothing special or any forward designs and I could careless for most of the judges. but I'll continue watching because a lot of my favorites are there. :lol:

In regards to the judges sometimes, I 'd watch just to hear what insanities Heidi or Michael would say. :lol:

I'm not sure I can watch this version. I tuned in for the first episode and really it's only the contestants (who appear more bitchy and less emotionally frail/vulnerable because they've been here already) that are keeping me the least bit interested.

I love Angela as a model, but as a host, she is terrible. Her delivery of her lines seem so unnatural. People can try to attack Heidi for her lack of high fashion experience, but Heidi has personality that shows on the television set. I thought it was cold how the first contestant left the stage without a hug or a kiss, like we're so accustomed to seeing from Heidi. it's kind of an impersonal PR when we're so used to seeing everything so intimate with these designers.

I'm not going to go into lengths with the rest - Georgina is no Nina, and not in a good way. Michael and Tim, their presences were noticeably missing.

I thought Mondo would've been the top three. I really liked his dress. Austin despite the technicalities designed a very beautiful gown. I love the color and tulle. I wasn't a fan of the one day couture challenge. Most designers held up well despite the near impossible requirements.

I've not seen this last episode yet, but based on the pictures, here are my thoughts on the designs. Really poor week. I only like the first four.

1. Michael - despite my dislike for him, this was one hot gown. It's tackilicious for sure, and I don't know how much it fulfills the requirement for an "Opera gown" but it was fierce.
2. Gordana - why can't my girl get some love. This was stunning. Again, not sure whether it fulfills the requirement, and it may be a tad bit heavy on the metal, but it's so beautiful.
3. Kara - not sure why this one was in the bottom. It's very Oscar de la Renta. And I mean it in a good way. I love the print. And I love the ball skirt, even if I'm usually not a fan.
4. Mila - not a bad dress, just boring. Maybe if it weren't in black, it could've been more appealing, especially with all that detailing on the bodice. But as is, it's just another black dress.
5. Mondo - I can't put my fingers on it (probably the neck brace, the gloves and the train in the back, lol) but this looks dated. The fabric looks a bit cheap too.
6. Kenley - it's not necessarily a bad dress, it's just not for a grown up woman. Maybe a barbi. Or a 12 year old going to a ball at Disneyland. Just too sugary and over the top.
7. Austin - so I know he won and people seem to respond to this one, but I thought it was awful. The color could not have been worse. And the tulle is so tacky. The whole thing just looks dated.
8. Rami - what a drop off from last week. I think the bodice treatment is kind of interesting, but it should've been used sparingly. HATE the design of the skirt. And hate the fabric.
9. Anthony - there was an interesting idea here, but somehow it didn't quite work. The asymmetrical sleeves are both the only interesting part and the worst part about the dress.
10. Jerell - so many people could've been justly eliminated it seems. Another stinker. It was like he took his grandmother's couch, wrapped it around the girl, pumped air under it, and stuck feathers on top.
11. April - ah, girl, I love you, but this was a mess. I don't even mind the dye so much, but both the design and the execution were terrible. She's lucky to have survived.
12. Sweet P - and April can thank Sweet P. Another disaster.

^I actually thought that Anthony's gown this week was amazing. It's definitely the best thing he has ever created on the show. But I agree with you about Austin winning the challenge. I didn't quite understand what was so great about his dress. I would have either lost the tulle or added a lot more, because it kind of looked like black toilet tissue stuck inside a gown. I also don't understand why Kara was in the bottom. Her dress wasn't fit for an opera, but it was still a cute dress. Jerell should've been in the bottom. Sweet P was the obvious choice to go home his this week, though. Overall, this episode was much better than last week's. The only thing that I would change is Isaac & Angela. To me, Isaac just comes across as desperate. IDK what it is, but I've just never liked him, and I'm still a bit surprised he didn't like Sweet P's dress, considering how some of his dresses have looked strikingly similar to her's. Then we have Angela. I want to like her so bad, but this hosting thing isn't going too well for her. I'm sure she is just very nervous, and maybe she will grow on us in future episodes. Once again, this was a big improvement from the first episode.

^Perhaps I need to see Anthony's dress in motion. It did have something Lanvin going on, but it looks awkward on stills.

^The fabric looked amazing in motion. I would have lost the gloves, but I think his dress best fit the criteria for the opera challenge. Michael's was good, but to me it was a costume, just like everything he does. :smile:

I just watched it, it's online on Lifetime's website. I thought it was really cute

I'm becoming less and less impressed with the judging. At least Michael and Nina were insightful in the first few seasons, can't say the same about these characters.

This challenge was weird for me as someone who's never seen anything Muppets related and not having gotten the appeal of Miss Piggy. Thus, it's difficult for me to judge the designs as what appeals to me may not necessarily be 'right' for the challenge, so I'll try my best to keep the 'customer' in mind when ranking these looks.

1. Rami - doll clothes done right. If they wanted predictable for a puppet, then this is where it was. Pretty, pink, playful, expertly made. Rami recovered well after his last week's disaster of a dress.
2. Mila - judges can go .... This was a fierce little number. Just because it's a dress for a Muppet, doesn't mean it has to be pink, frilly and shiny. I like that Mila stuck to her aesthetic and once again made an impeccable garment. Unlike the judges, I think it would've been an interesting experiment to see Miss Piggy in something less predictable.
3. Kara - can't speak as to whether it works for the challenge or not, but this was a sleek little number. I hated the colors (I'm never a fan of black and pink combination), but I guess I know why she picked them. Also the fit on the model was insane. Given the short time they had to put this together, that's impressive. It was also very much on trend with the bare midriffs from SS12.
4. Michael - is he going to be a stronger competitor than I would've thought. I didn't love it as much as the judges did, but I guess I see where they were coming from. It seemed well made, interesting fabric (all things considered) and I didn't hate the bows on the hip, they worked surprisingly well for me. The hem seemed so crooked though (so maybe scratch what I said about this being well made).
5. Gordana - call me bias, as I've always been a huge fan of Gordana, but I really liked it. This is where the difficulty in trying to work out my taste with the challenge requirement. I do think it may not have been especially fitting for Miss Piggy, but it wasn't so bad as to deserve an elimination. Gordana remains perpetually underrated.
6. Kenley - I'm conflicted here. On the one hand, it looked pretty enough. On the other hand, you can pretty much find a dress like this in any girls section in any department store. The top was somewhat interesting, but it looked like it didn't fit the model well, so it's almost a non factor. I did kinda like the hat, lol.
7. Anthony - I loved the fabric and design of the dress (although I'd probably make it a bit shorter), but that bird's nest on the chest area was so unnecessary. I get it that he wanted to make it more 'fun' but there had to have been a way to do it that didn't involve feathers. Also, it looked really terribly made (from technical stand point).
8. April - I saw the pictures first before watching the episode and it didn't look like much, but it looked much better in motion. It moved beautifully and was well made. But again, those feathers. They looked as if they were trying to swallow the model. Also, going back to the picture, there was something wrong with the proportions.
9. Jerell - how does he manage to avoid the bottom three? This is the second week in a row. I hated every inch of this. From the fabric to the color to the design to the black lace to the metal detailing. Cheap and tacky.
10. Austin - quite an accomplishment to make something so pink, shiny and with so many bows look so drab. If someone walked into a room wearing this dress, she'd probably suck the life out of it. Also, it looked very overworked with all those detailing on the bodice. The less said about those bows, the better.
11. Mondo - never been a huge fan of his, but this was simply gross. Too shiny, too shapeless and too ugly. Should've been his ticket home.

Last episode's rankings. Hated the challenge. Who gives a designers a challenge that practically takes away their strengths?

1. Mondo - I'm generally not a fan and quite frankly, this wasn't all that, but it wins by default.
2. Mila - Loved the idea, but I agree with what one of the judges said, it didn't look well made. The short time allowance showed.
3. Kenley - Not the most exciting, but harmless enough, cute and well made.
4. Michael - Am I the only one who doesn't see what was great about it. Too much fabric, hate the color, hate how the sleeves were attached to the waist and the back was like a parachute.
5. Rami - Hated the color, the top was overworked and the top in general was just unappealing.
6. Anthony - Don't agree that it deserved at bottom 3 ranking, but the top was definitely overworked and those petals in the back didn't look good at all.
7. Austin - this was a sad, sad looking dress. The non-color was just dreadful. And that overworked shoulder detailing was tacky.
8. Kara - I didn't mind the layering on the skirt, nor the colors, but the top was dreary and had an awful color. Plus it made the model look pregnant.
9. Jerrell - I don't know how he avoided the bottom three yet again. This was terribly made and even more terribly designed.
10. April - I thought the idea was good and I loved how she achieved that deep color, but that hem... Although to be fair, what can you expect from those time constrains.

I'm about to be be done with this season, tbh. None of the end results are good enough for me to appreciate anymore. IDK, I'll watch one more episode to decide if I am giving up.

I was surprised that Rami was safe. I thought his dress would be in the bottom.

But I'm not really a fan of the challenges, seems like they have run out of ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->