Project Runway Season 6

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
I hear the new season starts on August 20 and will air on Lifetime rather than Bravo.

I know starting this thread a bit early is probably a no-no, but I want to know what the hold up was for it!

And what does anyone know about who presented at fashion week in accordance with the challenge of the show?

At last we have confirmation of the Season Six premiere. According to this press release, Project Runway will air in the "Summer of 2009" on the newly-formed Weinstein Network.

TWN will launch programming in June 2009 with a marathon of Weinstein hit movies including Clerks II and Who's Your Caddy?

Aiming for an upscale viewership, TWN hopes to build momentum toward the Project Runway premiere "later in the summer."

According to a Weinstein press representative, "All legal matters have been resolved and we are moving forward with our plans to air Project Runway on the new network. Also, season 7 will be filmed in New York City this June."

(Casting information has been posted on Craig's List as well as on the network's new website.)

Asked to comment about Season Six, Tim Gunn responded, "I firmly believe that this cast is the most talented group ever. Season 6 will prove to be the best one ever."

Co-executive producer and host of the show, Heidi Klum claims that, "Harvey is a loyal friend and one of the most beloved men in Hollywood. I count on him to make the impossible possible."

Weinstein continues, "I am tired of piddling around with these other networks, I figure I can just start my own."

Bob Weinstein will head up the new venture. "My brother has always wanted to be a network honcho and we feel like the time is right," says Harvey of his more silent sibling. Also joining the team, Dr. Louis Aronne whom Harvey refers to as his "mentor and life-coach," as well as American Idol host and celebrity wrangler, Ryan Seacrest.

When quizzed about the choice of Seacrest for Vice-President of Reality Programming, Weinstein quipped, "Everything he touches turns to gold. Hell yes, I wanted Seacrest."

TWN will have a "strong reality show presence" with plans to begin filming a new competitive-reality series about dog grooming called "Project Puppy," and another as-yet-unnamed project about celebrity bloggers.

In related news, the Project Runway Season Five DVD is now available. Click here to order.

Click here for the full press release.

http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com

there is also this from http://www.hollywoodreporter.com

The long-delayed sixth season of "Project Runway" will premiere Aug. 20 on its new network, Lifetime.
On Lifetime, "Runway" will be joined by half-hour spinoff series "Models of the Runway," which will premiere Aug. 20 following "Runway." The companion series, a look at 'Project Runway' from the models' perspective, was part of Lifetime's deal with Weinstein Co. for "Runway."

ive heard that the setting of season 6 was in los angeles and not in nyc. hmmm. that kind of sucks TBH.

^How much a difference do you think that would make in the challenges?
I must admit that it might call for new judges... possibly.

'Project Runway': Inside Season 6!

By Missy Schwartz

Heidi Klum had envisioned a major overhaul for Project Runway's sixth season. A different color palette for the set. New seating for the judges. A spruced-up, elongated catwalk. In a word: change. After five seasons in New York, the hit reality competition for aspiring fashion designers was moving to both a new city, Los Angeles, and a new network, Lifetime. And the show's statuesque host had her heart set on a revamped world. But when she first stepped onto the soundstage in downtown L.A. last fall, she almost fell over in her stilettos. Before her was an exact replica of the Manhattan set that Runway has used since 2004. Same logo. Same lighting. Same everything. ''I was shocked,'' Klum says. ''It was déjà vu. I was looking forward to different scenery, and everything was the same!''

Well, there can be comfort in familiarity, right? Especially in times of turmoil. And lately, there's been nothing but turbulence in the Runway universe. Beginning in April 2008, the hit series became the disputed pawn in a trio of lawsuits between The Weinstein Company (which owns a majority stake in the show), NBC Universal (parent company to the series' original network, Bravo), and Lifetime (which bought the rights for seasons 6 through 10). The legal deadlock kept the fate of the entire series hanging in the balance for almost a year. ''By the end of production [of season 6],'' says new exec producer Jon Murray, ''we started to joke around, like, 'Are we going to have to show this to our friends and families in our living rooms?'''

Nope. Thanks to a resolution reached in April, Runway will soon be back in almost everyone's living room. Season 6 premieres Aug. 20 on Lifetime, amid a blowout marketing campaign that is one of the biggest in the network's 25-year history. Between Runway and a new spin-off — Models of the Runway, which focuses on the glamazons who flaunt the designers' creations each week — the femme-friendly channel hopes to up its cool quotient something fierce. And despite a delay of nine months for the new season's debut, team Runway insists the series is still as fresh and addictive as ever. Says exec producer Jane Cha: ''It's like we've been keeping a baby under wraps in the house and now we're ready to give it a party.''
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,202...odayslatest-'Project+Runway':+Inside+season+6!

^Awesome.:rolleyes: Can't wait for season 6. It's so much better than The Fashion Show.^_^

Lifetime fought hard for Project Runway, and they're going to max out on that show if it kills them, or maybe us first. Not content to just air the sixth season of the show starting August 20, the network is reportedly getting past Project Runway contestants together for an "all stars" edition, to air a week or two before season six begins. The cast will reportedly include Chris March, Jeffrey Sebelia, Michael Knight, Daniel Vosovic, Santino Rice, Kenley Collins, Sweet P, Korto Momolu, and possibly more. (Christian Siriano, Rami Kashou, Jack Mackenroth, Kit Pistol, and Laura Bennett reportedly turned down the opportunity to stay up all night stapling M&M wrappers together to make dresses for the cameras again. Go figure.)
nymag.com

Waited a long time but I am looking forward to this, it's my guilty pleasure...well..not that guilty.

Yay, can't wait. I liked The Fashion Show, but I can never say no to Project Runway. Hopefully Lifetime doesn't ruin the show.

Lifetime channel? ugh i absolutely loath it, sppy, sappy and dry.
I hope they don't make the show boring bland like most of their tv movies.

I don't know how much of the show is actually going to change. I just hope the major change is the channel it's on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->