Project Runway Season 8

At this point, it couldn't be any more obvious that Mondo is going to win. He could send a potato sack (in bright colors of course and seven different patterns) and they would praise it. Really didn't care for his looks this week and yet he was second best?

April should've won, but I don't mind Andy winning either. Both of them did great.

I'm no fan of Michael C. but there was no reason for Ivy to bring up the cheating accusation from weeks past now. It just made her seem bitter and petty. It was so toxic in that work room. As a viewer, I felt awkward. Can't imagine what it was like to be in that room.

The thing I don't like about this season is its focus on drama rather than the design. Drama keeps things interesting, but the focus should always be about fashion design and this season is very light on the latter.

I think they all did a horrid job this week and I cringed when Heidi et al waxed poetry about Mondo, April and Andy's pieces. This is one of those weeks where the winner could be the loser.

Last edited by a moderator:
my goodness most boring episode ever.

i found myself skipping sooo much because I could not stay interested. The hour and a half format didn't help either. If Michael C wins i think Ivy will hire a hitman because GIRLFRIEND CAN HOLD A GRUDGE. sheesh. She just wanted drama.

Heidi has a collection? what? lol

Nine minute episodes were ok at the beginning of the season when they had a lot of designers, but now that there are only half a dozen left, it's really not working. They're just manufacturing some kind of drama to fill up the time, but they episodes feel like they last forever. I know people here liked the week before with that whole Mondo drama, but I didn't care for that either. I'm just not into "emotional" stuff on reality tv. I roll my eyes at it.

isn't there so much more commentary for the contestants than ever before? everyone's giving an opinion about everywhere and it seems we hear all of it!

i think it's between mondo and april for the win this season.

and the whole thing about michael c. i read somewhere that many of the contestants said he was a different person in front of the camera and another behind it. and he's being portrayed as a victim on the show but he's really not that nice of a guy but iono. i mean, when he gets all emotional and sad, i can't help but roll my eyes.

why do i watch this again? :lol:

I'm just not into "emotional" stuff on reality tv. I roll my eyes at it.

Me too. To me it feels like a crappy plotted drama show, if I wanted to watch those there are plenty out there... I don´t know what changed compared to other seasons but the show is getting worse, imo.

Btw, did you guys know that they´re doing a Project Runway Latin America? I only watched one episode but I think it´s bad :doh:

I reallly want michael C out!
I hate him again, my god, he hasn't any talent at all!
Love that Ivy b*tch side (her only side)

I think the only reason I like Michael C is bc I can't stand when people gang up on a person for no reason. I think he does have some talent otherwise why the hell would he be on there. The whole cheating thing was just childish. Ivy needs to get over herself and get over the fact she got kicked off. I believe she will say anything to cause some drama and get people to hate Michael C.

Gretchen hasn't been getting on my nerves as much as before but I'm still not a fan of her deisgns. I feel like she designs kinda old and thats not my taste.

April and Mondo I think will be in the top 3 no doubt and of course are my favorites.

Andy I like on and off so I think he could be in the top as well.

I don't feel this is becoming a "scripted" drama series. This is not The Hills.

What a BS elimination. I mean, I get it, her design this week was the exact copy of her winning look a few weeks back, and it wasn't even as good. It was overdesigned and boring. But she had more potential and should've been allowed to go on.

Plus her collection was the most interesting one too.

hmmm. I think April shot her self in the foot by selecting black again. I mean if she just did a different color, I think she would have been safe.

is it just me or is Heidi being super bitchy this season. I miss the days when she would say "that's pretty" or "i don't like it" ahha.

hmmm. I think April shot her self in the foot by selecting black again. I mean if she just did a different color, I think she would have been safe.

is it just me or is Heidi being super bitchy this season. I miss the days when she would say "that's pretty" or "i don't like it" ahha.

I noticed too. But I don't mind since she is being bitchy to the b*tch people. But then again, hasn't just about all the contestants besides Costello and Christopher been bitchy this season.

My favorite Heidi bitchy moment came last week with the whole "who said you couldn't sew? Oh thats right their not here anymore.":heart:

I love how Heidi has gotten so bitchy this season and yes I agree most of the deisgners this year have had a few bitchy moments.

I'm kinda sad April didnt make it to fashion week but her design this time was a repeat of past looks she has made. i wish that girl would put just a tad of color in her looks as well.

Wasn't surprised about Andy and Mondo making it and hopefully they can still pull it off to make it to fashion week.

I loved Michael Cs dress and I kinda agree with Cristian that this could of been just a happy accident but I guess I will see once he makes his collection.

oh and that group hug they did was beyond cheesy and all the judges looked kind of uncomfortable when they did it but it was funny.

April's repetitiveness did her in and she remained in this comfortable spot throughout the season. Maybe if she had the opportunity to create a collection she'd surprise me like color block Mila from last season. I wished she did another color besides black or very dark even Tim mentioned it.

Michael C's dress was quite nice but I don't know. I think he needs more time to develop some sort of vision.

Gretchen design wasn't ugly. It was boring and fell short since this was the challenge before the finale.

Mondo and Andy are my favorite. Both have a very strong and concise vision. I don't have a problem with Andy's "Warrior Woman".

Michael C's dress was a tad bit boring for my taste, but I loved that slit and the way it flowed. I wish he was more confident. I think that's what makes me dislike him so much. He walks around making 4 rough drafts of each garment and then asks which is the best. If he just did what his gut instinct told him to do, he would either a) suck or b) be really good.

I liked Gretchen's jacket but her top and color of skirt was way off. I wish she did some sort of pant rather than skirt.

Mondo is too repetitive in my mind. His collection at fashion week was a big wtf in my mind. Andy is cool but I wish he also played with more color throughout the competition. Whenever I think of what Andy has made, it's always either dark or shiny lol

I probably wouldn't hate Michael C as much if judges weren't so obsessed with him. His dress last night was ok but they made it sound like he just discovered a new planet. And it's been like that all season, they eat up no matter what he sends down the runway. Plus, his personality is so grating. All those 'emotions' and tears, can't stand it.

Re April, the guys on ProjectRungay had a good point, her designs weren't really all that similar all season long. True, she used black a lot, and there is some repetitiveness, but it was BS for judges to call her out on that. Especially when Mondo really designed the same look all season long (even if it worked out to perfection at times).
April's looks
Project%2BRunway%2BSeason%2B8%2BEpisode%2B12%2BApril%2BJohnston%2B11.jpg

projectrungay

And was I the only who thought they were going to let them all go to Bryant Park?

Hmmm we could have our first all male final.

I don't think Mondo has made basically the same thing all season and I don't think April has either. Her last dress did remind me a lot of past looks she has made. My main probably with April was she never used color.

The judges don't kiss Michaels a$$. I mean he was in the bottom for like 3 weeks straight so how is that being obsessed with someone. If the judges are obsessed with anyone that would be Mondo and for good reason too. I think people hate on Michael C is because he is not like the other designers and he crys a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
April is out! :(
But the best at the final, and clearly Mondo is the winner.
I really don't know how Michael C came too far, this last dress really sucks, I really hope he doesn'r present his collection at NYFW.
You know we can go to style.com or similars and see who was the designers that made it, but the interesting is watching the show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->