Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't wait!!! :woot: I think it will be more popular than Karl's collection, because I believe Stella's designs are more for younger people.

I can't wait to see more of her designs.......... I hope we get to see the complete collection before 10 november.

Still weeks to go....

maraschin0 said:
Oh there's more? Lucky Torontians... =P There are no H&M shops in western Canada...

there are 3 opening in montreal soon..:D

August 2005
by Julia Boorstin

What’s in Fashion This Fall? Scarcity

Luxury brands like Louis Vuitton and Hermès have long thrived on the thrill of scarcity: Women scramble to get on wait lists for the season’s "it" bag or must-have trench. This fall big chains like Banana Republic, J. Crew, and H&M are jumping on the trend with "massclusivity"—limited- edition items created to generate heat and sell out fast.

"Our consumers want approachable access to luxury, so it makes sense to behave similarly to the high-end brands," says Jacquie Lenart, VP of marketing for Banana Republic. Banana has over 450 stores, but shoppers don’t have to worry about seeing many others wearing the fall Café Society collection. The items, including a short-sleeved beaded cardigan ($78) and a wool ribbon-band dress ($148), were available in limited quantities at only 30 stores and through the website.

The success of the campaign prompted Banana Republic to advertise the scarce nature of its Heritage Collection for men this fall, including a leather blazer ($450) and an antiqued jean ($128). "It’s a marketing ploy, a way to create a perceived need—that you’ve got to have it now before it sells out, and we’re not going to bring it back," says Harris Nesbitt’s senior retail analyst John D. Morris.

H&M, already known for a fast-revolving array of inexpensive clothes, last year brought in Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld to dream up a collection. Customers formed huge lines waiting for H&M stores to open, and many items sold out before lunch. So this November, H&M is applying a similar approach to about 35 items designed by Stella McCartney.

"This is the ultimate in massclusivity," says marketing manager Jorgen Andersson. "If we had these designs in the stores for a month, people would get bored." Some of the items will be in such short supply —H&M is producing a very limited number of hand-embroidered coats by McCartney, for example—that Andersson expects them to sell out in a few hours.

That can, of course, lead to angry shoppers. "Our customers got very frustrated when we’d sell out, so if we tell them that something’s limited edition, they’re more likely to order it right away," says J. Crew women’s designer Jenna Lyons. (Another bonus: Even if the limited stuff is sold out, once in the store people are likely to pick up something else.)

Since Mickey Drexler became CEO of the J. Crew 22 years ago, he has encouraged his designers to dream up more unusual—and expensive—goods. For the fall J. Crew is offering items that can’t be mass-produced, like an $800 hand-beaded skirt and $600 crocodile shoes (the 30 pairs were gone in a single weekend). After all, you can’t put a pricetag on originality.

that scares me about the hand embroidered coat being in really short supply.
guess i really will be getting up early that day!

So far I love love love it :woot:

I hope there won't be any hassle here and that I will have enough money to shop that month...

susie_bubble said:
Just saw this in Elle UK November. They really could have put more effort into the photography. Stella is also v. gushy about her collection in the article. But it gives us pretty much a complete overview of the collection.

Scanned from Elle UK November 2005.

Is it the one with Jennifer Aniston on the cover? Free umbrella?

:heart:

Aaah that is scary that they have limited supply....WHY...Why?? =(

Would some kind lovely person help me buy the knickers and I would paypal you the money?? =D I would be forever grateful

susie_bubble said:
Just saw this in Elle UK November. They really could have put more effort into the photography. Stella is also v. gushy about her collection in the article. But it gives us pretty much a complete overview of the collection.

Scanned from Elle UK November 2005.

Wow, I really want that suit/jacket thing Kate's wearing in the first pic:woot: now only 57 more pounds to save up:innocent:

the newest issue of glamour (US version) has an article about stella and shows some pieces from the collection. the cover has natalie portman on it.

long tailored coat 179 dollars
white shirt with illustration 35 dollars (as seen on kate moss earlier)
long brown cardigan 100 dollars
pink champgagne colored camisole 60 dollars
purple camisole with adjustable straps 60 dollars

the purple camisole looks exactly like the yellow/puce one featured in harpers bazzar for 35 dollars. hmmn. i hope its cheaper.

also a blue layer silk dress with bow on the front 100 dollars (looks similar to the green one previously scanned)

I just saw an advertisement from H&M for the Stella McCartney-collection in the november edition of Dutch Elle. It says the entire collection will be on their website (hm.com). I've checked their website, nothing there yet, but maybe in a few days???
No photo's in the advertisement, only text.

GCc said:
there are 3 opening in montreal soon..:D

Do you know when they are opening? & where are the stores going to be? Because oh man, I'm SO going to buy everything, I :heart: H&M!

(slightly off-topic...sorry)

Has anyone tried on/bought the H&M version of Balenciaga's military trousers??

I bought them today, but now I'm not so sure...they look like a cheap knock-off (which is what they are), I think I'll return them, but I wanted to see if anyone else had seen/bought them.

Attachments

• balencmilitarytrousers.jpg
    balencmilitarytrousers.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 33
maraschin0 said:
Aaah that is scary that they have limited supply....WHY...Why?? =(

Would some kind lovely person help me buy the knickers and I would paypal you the money?? =D I would be forever grateful

Whats worse is that they are only in select H&M so not all H&Ms will have the collection. Does anyone know which stores will carry the collection? Im pretty sure mine will not. :(

Joyeux said:
I just saw an advertisement from H&M for the Stella McCartney-collection in the november edition of Dutch Elle. It says the entire collection will be on their website (hm.com). I've checked their website, nothing there yet, but maybe in a few days???
No photo's in the advertisement, only text.

I hope so! I'm checking everyday, but nothing yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->