Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uuhm, you know what? I'm acutally rather disappointed here... :unsure: NOT loving it.

I'd much rather buy the shoes the mannequins're wearing, than anything from the actual collection.

BUT, since I know myself very well, I'll always end up buying something. Probably the black trousers with zippers and a top or two.. :heart:silk. Lovely material. Oh, and the long knitted blouson looks quite nice too.

I like quite a few pieces actually form the pics from New York Times. Its a shame though because I doubt I will get to see them in store. :doh:

BTLover said:
Is this from the Stella M H&M collection? I havent seen it anywhere apart from here.

the silk top is, not the shrug, the shrug is from french connection, I think the shrug is very cute :wink: but this has nothing to do with the stella collection

The satin camisole and coulottes look sweet and the long blue knitted scarf as well..."sweet" not :crush: :clap: :buzz: -must own must have !
Still..knowing myself I'll probably want to be there when H&M opens on the 10th :rolleyes:

i actually like this collection better than lagerfeld's.

I like most of it, I'm thinking about picking up one of the dresses. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to Chicago's H&M until about 1:30 in the afternoon that day! It's pretty crowded there on just a normal day, I can only imagine what it's going to be like on this day. But it's a Thursday.. wishful thinking, I'm sure.

june gloom said:
I like most of it, I'm thinking about picking up one of the dresses. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to Chicago's H&M until about 1:30 in the afternoon that day! It's pretty crowded there on just a normal day, I can only imagine what it's going to be like on this day. But it's a Thursday.. wishful thinking, I'm sure.

Last time w. Lagerfeld H&M in Copenhagen kept restocking throught out most of the day ... some pieces the individual H&M store only gets in a limited amount, but yes you may get lucky :flower:

After looking at it on the site........dunno whether it's the manequins or the lighting......it looks v. mediocre. I think I really need to see it in the flesh to decide.

susie_bubble said:
After looking at it on the site........dunno whether it's the manequins or the lighting......it looks v. mediocre. I think I really need to see it in the flesh to decide.

I second that :doh: They looked so gorge on Kate, but now on mannequins, they just look average. But then again, Kate does have an amazing face with a truly envy-worthy body:innocent:

liberty33r1b said:
oh man, i'm sooo gonna buy this embroidered silk jacket, it's just gorgeous!!!
and also the blk bow jacket (just lovely!)

Liberty - I absoultely agree with you -
embroidered silk jacket + black bow jacket are my TOP MUST-HAVE PIECES ---- just wonderful!!!!!:heart:

I also wanted to inform about that:
A friend of mine told me - there was a presentation of Stella clothes in form of a fashion show yesterday- taking place at the most most stylish&exclusive H&M in the heart of Vienna City...
...BUT - selected access - just with personal invitation...
...so of course I was NOT "V.I.P." enough :(
If i explore pics of that event, I will scan them for you certainly!!!

Golden_butterfly said:
I wonder if people will be lining up in front of the H&M stores early morning ?

Can someone please come back and let me know what their shopping experience was --- if they were there that morning. I'm really curious as to how people will be acting when they open those front doors on the 10th. Will it be like the gamers when they start lining up outside the doors waiting to buy the new XBOX 360 or Playstation 3?

McCartney's H&M collection unveiled[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Hadley Freeman, deputy fashion editor
[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Thursday October 27, 2005
[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Guardian
[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]In a rare example of a fashion cliche being justified, the most eagerly anticipated collection of the year was unveiled yesterday in London. Stella McCartney's collection for the high-street behemoth H&M was, after months of hype, hints and scandal, shown to the press. The latter element was provided by Kate Moss, who had been booked to star in the ad campaign for the range. But after she was photographed taking cocaine, H&M terminated her contract and hired Italian model Mariacarla Boscono to step in.
McCartney's skinny trousers, rock'n'roll T-shirts and cocktail dresses have always had a strong youth appeal, but high prices have kept the clothes out of youth range. In an interview this week she said: "I've always felt there was something wrong about making high-priced clothes," - a view that will come as a surprise, one imagines, to the Gucci Group, which owns McCartney's range.
McCartney has referred to her H&M collection, which will go on sale in select stores on November 10, as "the best of Stella", and there is truth to that. Her training on Savile Row and love of 80s-style slouchy sportswear and ladylike evening wear are all represented at about a 10th, or even 20th, of their usual prices, and these are the best pieces. Less interesting are the silk-mix tops with chiffon sleeves and beige men's shirts. Equally, it's hard to see why McCartney chose washed-out beige and stale moss green as dominant colours. But these are cavils about what is otherwise a good effort, and which will undoubtedly sell out.
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->