Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Snide Columnist from the guardian talks about the stella collection.

Fashion for grown-ups
Catherine Bennett
Friday October 28, 2005
The Guardian

From on high, the edict has gone out. Be at H&M on November 10 for the arrival of the incredible, the exciting, the inexplicably limited collection designed by Stella McCartney. "Book the day off work and set the alarm early," advised the Times. "Or camp outside the shop the night before - you won't be the only one."
Camp? As in sleeping bags and a flask on the wet pavement? For a cheap dress? From a designer who rarely looks entirely enticing in her own clothes (particularly her zippy jeans-and-high-heels thing)? I think that is what they must mean. OK. No thanks.
Especially no thanks if, like me, you were sucker enough last year to succumb to the "you must be there" hysteria about the shop's similarly rationed Karl Lagerfeld collection, and found yourself grabbing things that you would never otherwise have noticed, at an event that had been engineered to convince shoppers that what is essentially the animal frenzy of day one of the Harrods crockery sale - end of line specials! unrepeatable offers! - represents a cognoscenti-endorsed opportunity to carry off some important fashion trouvaille.
I even - what an idiot I must have been - thought it quite an achievement to be there, queueing for around 20 minutes to try on an ill-cut suit, and leaving with heaps of stuff of which only a small, not-cheap bag escaped immediate obsolescence.
Outside the shop, the gloves looked common, his weird jeans have remained unworn, while a high-collared shirt, for all its Karlness, was so coarsely constructed that I plan to donate it to a giraffe, the only sentient creature that could possibly feel comfortable wearing it.
This is, I realise, a shameful confession, and it is only offered now in the hope of saving others from the same folly. Unless you really do want a satin jumpsuit, your presence on November 10 reduces you to the role of an extra in a brilliant marketing wheeze. Once all the H&M victims have been sucked out, however, rival establishments might be almost tolerable. November 10. What a great day to be at Topshop.
[/FONT]

I'm sort of put off now. I might go on the following saturday as I don't get out of school until 4 and it takes another hour or so just to get there and the shop shuts at 5.30 plus it'll be dark by then:doh: Do you reckon there'll be stuff left by then?

^There should be. They will sell some of the Stella-stuff in the webshop.

bagsnthings said:
Can someone please come back and let me know what their shopping experience was --- if they were there that morning. I'm really curious as to how people will be acting when they open those front doors on the 10th. Will it be like the gamers when they start lining up outside the doors waiting to buy the new XBOX 360 or Playstation 3?

Hahahaha..yeah that's what I'm wondering too. Will it be like people waiting outside the H&M store at like 5 am ?
And when it opens, is there any chance of getting killed :smile:

the new issue of marie claire (usa) with rosario dawson on the cover has the drop waist BLACK silk dress with the velvet sash in it.

i plan to wait outside my h&m at 9am... it opens at 10. even though i dont think there will be that many people, i want to get the best selection because her collection looks FABULOUS.

lucy92 said:
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif] November 10. What a great day to be at Topshop.
[/FONT]

:lol: haha!!!

I'm sure there will be a huge amount of fashion freaks waiting to get in on the 10th (including myself).

The Karl collection wasn't that bad. I have a beautiful pleated skirt and a cute '50 style dress, both fit perfectly.

I'm curious how Stella's clothes will fit. I love the skinny jeans, but I'm not sure how it will look on my legs.
Also the silk jumpsuit.... looks brilliant on a model, but thin slik on my own body? I'm not sure....

The line in front of the fitting rooms will be enormous....:(

wondering if any of you girls were shopping at h&m when the lagerfeld collection was being offered, and your experience with that..

was it really madness, grabbing everything you saw, or was there enough tidbits of time to peruse and pick up the pieces you really wanted (and in your size)?

There's something I'd like to purchase, but if the crowd is predicted to be so suffocatingly frenzied, it might not be worth it.. any thoughts? :flower: :heart:

Stella McCartney for H&M - the fashion show
Source: vogue.co.uk

24.jpg
25.jpg

26.jpg
27.jpg

28.jpg
29.jpg

30.jpg
31.jpg

Stella McCartney for H&M - the fashion show
Source: vogue.co.uk

32.jpg
33.jpg

34.jpg
35.jpg

37.jpg
38.jpg

39.jpg
43.jpg

To be honest, if no one told me who designed this and shoved me those pictures, I would have thought it's so really really bad amateur newbie designer.......

this is soooo terrible..... the big wool sweater-dress is sooooo ugly...... and all the dresses are terrible.....:sick:

^ I actually like that woolly sweater dress ^_^ and quite a few pieces do look good on the models..but not sure about how they will on regular people...

I guess you dont like it since you've always not liked Stella anyway.:innocent:

Im looking forward to this. I wonder if there will be anything decent left though by the time I reach H&M :lol:

Does anyone know if all the H&M's in NYC will have it?
Also, isn't it better to just get the "real" thing? How do you feel about it?

vintage_princess said:
I guess you dont like it since you've always not liked Stella anyway.:innocent:

I've liked some of Stella's things in the past but I agree 100% with Kimkhuu.
It looks amateurish and terrible to me. :ninja:

was anyone else at the launch party?
im so pissed i didnt see gwyneth!!

it was fun outside, they had a free ice cream man at like 2am!

Some pics from the Show...

01m.jpg
07m.jpg

Both in Stella McCartnney for H&M

17m.jpg
09m.jpg

Musical Chairs Winner | Stella & Paltrow

style.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics