Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
juice major said:
if base on the lagerfeld collection i think we will be alright!!

:heart:

i agree. way too much hype.

i remember thos lagerfeld clothes were left on the racks for days and eventually sold at a discount of like %30 - %50 off months later. and that's in NYC. i found a set of his silk boyshorts and camisole for like 7-10 dollars each on the sale rack long after the release of the line.

so i am not too worried it about stuff being 'sold out'

juice major said:
I bet we will be going around trying to figure eveyone out if they are tFS members!! Anyway good luck to you guy tomolo!! God aren't we some clothes fanatic!!

:heart:

i so will i'll be eyeing people up thinking they are off tfs:shifty:

I've decided not to queue anymore for tomorrow......I can't be arsed and tbh....looking at the clothes.....they really don't do it for me.....I just got caught up in the hype.

i saw the yellow chartreuse jeweled tank top in a display and wasnt too impressed.
it looked like 1 drop of moisture would ruin the whole thing.
not a practical fabric and not worth 35 bucks.

impossibleprincess said:
only 30 pieces? are they mad? or are they just trying to hype it up? i have to have that white shirt and the grey jeans!
do you mean a 30 piece collection or 30 actual units? Jeeezz. I work right above HM in Soho, ny...I know it will be crazy.

june gloom said:
kind of random, but what IS that song playing on h&m's Stella page? I really like it.

the song is by doves, a british band. it's called M62 Song and it's on their cd the last broadcast.:D

today is the day... im not gonna go there until tomorrow. and im sure they dont even have all the stuff in my nearest h&m...i want a pair of her jeans but of course with my luck there is none even that arrived to the store...
have to go to helsinki in a week i guess...

I couldn't bring myself to drag there in the morning. so the clothes are sold there right now. just not to me..

oh yeah, i forgot it was today. I saw the clothes in the window last night at the H&M on oxford street and it looked alright. I also saw the space they had cleared for the collection, it was quite small. What turns me off of these things is everyone and their mother will either be wearing it, or know where you got it from.

So what have you all gotten? Pictures please! :heart:

I went to my local H&M (Bergen, Norway) and after 10 min. most of the "good stuff" was gone. It wasn't a total chaos, but not far away...People took whatever they could get their hands on, so I think there will be a lot of returns. Unless they try to sell it on Ebay or something.

I got two t-shirts/tops (a white one with pattern on the bottom, and a blue one with a beautiful pattern) , I just wanted something plain and simple. And I don't have a lot of money at the moment...:smile:

Anyways, point being; in my opinion it wasn't all that great...

What about sizes ? Is it true that they only go up to a size 12? I'm assuming that is a UK 12/US 8?

The biggest size I could see was a Norwegian size 42(Large), which I think is US size 12. I'm not sure, there were so many people, I didn't get a good look at anything. It might have been a size 40. Does anyone know for sure?

was it total chaos? it hasn't started where I am yet!

I dont know - only started here this morning and I'm in work so won't see until this afternoon. I'll post when I know. I was just interested to see.

I'm quite sure the Norwegian size 42 is the same as the UK size 14

Well Stockholm is going mad about the collection almost every store is going to have it. The problem is that people here tend to uniform themselves with the same things. I hope they stay away from the body suit.

i just got back from my local h&m - it was crazy!! soo many people, everyone fighting for the clothes....i was there half an hour before the store opened, and still.....
i have to say i was not too impressed by the collection overall.....the trench coat is really disappointing, ditto for the tank tops (too long!)

here's what i bought:
blk pullover w/ v-neck
blk tulip skirt (lovely, just lovely!!!!!)
white t-shirt
underwear set

those were the only pieces i really liked......and luckily i got them all in my size!!! guess it paid off to queue.....!!!

I think i prefer H&M to stores like Topshop because generally don't get 5 other girls wearing the same outfit as you-although this rule may not apply to the stella mccartney range. something tells me it's going to pop up wherever I go. well i'm off to sulk about lack of money to invest in the Stella H&M line....

also remember the karl lagerfield collection (of course u do) was meant to sell out instantly but i got some shorts for £5 in the sale a month after...

mischievous, I totally agree!

I hate the fact that every little brat is walking around in the same outfits from H&M and Gina tricot! :yuk:
I just want to walk right up to one of them an tell them to get a grip, or at least get a style! :angry:

Oh dear, think happy thoughts! :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CincyCritic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->