Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, by the way! Anyone who've been to one of the stores and seen the grey pants? I've seen them on their webstie and I think they're divine, thonking about ordering them on sunday.. Should I? :unsure:

Just by chance I dropped by and...

...bought something. I couldn't believe it. I was on my way to an appointment and saw the Stella collection in the HM-window - only 10 minutes after the store had opened and of course, I think, the best things were gone. But I saw the jeans in size 34 (I think a size 2 in American sizing) and thought that I might try them on. And hurray they fit like a glove! I paired them with the steel blue silk jumper and another 100 Euros where gone for both. But for a good pair of trousers that would fit my tiny body I usually would spend even more. I am very glad, HM did no vanity sizing this time - last years' Lagerfeld collection size 34 was really large, especially the trousers. So I am very happy with my purchase. The chocolate brown trench coat looked very good too, but was gone in my size. But the sales assistant promised me to call me, once they will remove the window decoration with the trench in my size in it. Hope she calls me, this would be a very nice thing.

After the Lagerfeld-experience last year, I thought I wouldn't queue again. I mean, I still like the two Lagerfeld-pieces I got. And also, I am not a huge fan of Stella or I wasn't, because I couldn't imagine that I could wear her designs. But I think it's a question of what you choose. Of course, the blouses' and camisoles' quality this time where cheap again, but some pieces are really worth of trying, e.g. the black smoking jacket and the black slacks or the brown trench and the jeanswear as mentioned. And I don't have a problem with the fact that many people would know that you bought the clothes at HM. Firstly, not everybody is a fashion addict and secondly, I am selfconfident enough to wear them, why not? I haven't seen anyone last year wearing the Lagerfeld clothes. I don't know what they did with it, were they stuffing (and hiding) it in their wardrobe? So I am pretty sure, there won't be too many Stella-clones out there.

Sure, there where some people at the counter buying the whole range today. A mother must have bought everything for her daughters and spent almost 2000 Euros - that was really crazy. I mean, if I would have the possibility of spending 2000 Euros, I would also invest in the "real" thing or mix everything with exquisite shoes or other accessories. But this lady said, that she would return some pieces - she bought everything for her daughters because they were in school, and this way they may try everything on at home - somehow it's cute.

I also liked the little gift that came along with my purchase: a 10 ml eau de parfum of Stella. Although this may never be my signature scent, it is nice to have (good marketing strategy by the way). The cloth were also wrapped in Stella-paper. So I think, HM is improving on this. I wonder, with what they will come up in the future.

Who do you think should be the next designer featured by HM? And who would agree to cooperate?

Hello!

Quite a good mess here in Helsinki (Kämp)! I was there about 15 minutes before opening. When they opened store, first 10 minutes was really a chaos! Still I got to try on all those things what was 'maybe' for me or on my list...

And I only bought black v-neck sweater, v-neck sweater with satin (is that colour teal?..or something like that, I surprised myself with this colour anyway..., well there wasn't black available for this sweater...) and black panther decoration for my bag.

Jeans, trousers (skinnies) or blazers didn't fit me, I'm a little bit sad about that. But I tried them on and they just weren't for me... so I still have to be happy that some sweaters look really good on me!

Maybe I wear my Stella-sweater first time today evening...

Oh my God, I could not believe the madness. It was crazy. I actually got elbowed in the chest, and girls were everywhere (I noticed a stampede of paddingtons, funnily enough) one girl behind me in the queue told a reporter that she was just buying everything, trying it on at home, then returning.The sales assistants were actually really nice, I would have hated to have their job today.The funniest thing was walking into topshop after and seeing that it was completely empty.

But I was looking at the sweater dresses and they looked so cheap. The one thing I asked myself with every item was "would i buy this if it was justplain H&M and not stella mccartney?" so I came away with the white dress shirt, the dark grey skinny jeans with ankle zips and the silver chain belt - basically what I told myself I would buy when I went in there.

Although I did have a moment of frustration as I realised that the chain belt I picked up in the beginning had slipped out of my hands,and there were none left. So I waited (for 5 minutes, but it seemed like ages) while they were stocked again.

Overall, I would not have bought most of the collection. So much of it wasn't worth it, but I'm very happy with the stuff I got. I wasn't there last year for Karl madness, and someone told me it was worse then. I cannot imagine.

that sounds so crazy. last year in my store the lagerfeld dresses were sold for 20 euros cause no one wanted to buy them... and there was plenty of stuff left for xmas shopping too... i guess its the benefit of living in a middle sized city.. im planning on going to helsinki next week perhaps.. hope the jeans are still there :smile: i dont like the tops so much, just some sweaters are nice..

Has someone seen this "cheaper" version of the boots they spoke about in a magazine?
Or maybe it was a mistake and it doesn't exist... :-/

Pinky* said:
was it total chaos? it hasn't started where I am yet!

no, it wasn't. there were just some people waiting outside and i had enough time to see everything and could get everything i wanted....
so, too much hype :wink:

impossibleprincess: oh wow, really?

here in austria were few people, not too crowded...

Last edited by a moderator:
impossibleprincess said:
The one thing I asked myself with every item was "would i buy this if it was justplain H&M and not stella mccartney?"

same here. it seemed that a lot of people just got caught in the moment and took everything they could get their hands on. i admit i tried on .. 15 different pieces of clothes, i think , but i ended up buying only a black tulip skirt with pockets.

i thought the sizing was a bit off as well as with the karl collection. i'm normally a size 36-38, but some of the 34s were all too large for me :unsure: especially one of the blazers that i had really set my heart on was just weird fitting. the tops as well.

another thing i really wanted was the blue wrap dress but it seemed they were the only ones that dissappeared really fast. after 5 minutes there were only the size 44s left :( and none of the smaller ones came back from the fitting rooms ..

I just got back from my local h&m, not very busy, as I expected maybe about 10 people, but they were goin crazy for the stuff. One girl pushed me out of the way to run up the escalators to the collection, then her poor boyfriend bore the brunt of it when she couldnt find things she wanted! I'm glad I went early as I went downstairs to try things and when I came back up almost all of the stuff was gone! A girl in front of me spent £600!

I was a little disapointed at what our store had chosen not to stock though. They didn't have any of the chiffon cocktail dresses, the oversized cardigans or the satin shorts and camisole. (i'm gutted about the shorts, they were top of my list) And I found it strange that they had chosen to stock the trench in brown and olive green, but not black. The trench wasn't good quality in my opinion, I found a charcoal grey normal h&m downstairs that was much nicer.

I came away with:-
the dark grey/blue skinny jeans with ankle zips
petrol/teal blue v neck sweater with satin detailing (so soft I couldnt resist!)
black silk-chiffon tulip skirt with satin waistband (liberty- totally agree, just beautiful!:(heart:
champagne silk-chiffon and satin low neck button tie top (not normall my style, but really nice)
off the shoulder jersey top with print detail
chain bracelet

I also bought a couple of the logo tee's to sell on ebay. I'm not sure what of my purchases I'll keep, I have to try them at home.

Did anyone else find the sizing on the tops really big? It was strange, the size 8 jeans fit me perfect, but the size small t-shirts were way too generous in my opinion.:blink:

Probably by intention...

Did anyone else find the sizing on the tops really big? It was strange, the size 8 jeans fit me perfect, but the size small t-shirts were way too generous in my opinion.:blink:[/quote]

... the upper cloths were made larger. I guess everything is ment to look 'oversized'. But I think this work only if you are tall. I found the tops too long, that's why I only chose the steel blue v-neck that may be 'shortened' with the help of the silk belt attached.

^ yeah, there are really big, same was with the lagerfeld collection. so i bought xs...

I went to the Hm most far away from the citycentre and it was packed and people were crazy, old ladies size 42 grabbing five pairs of skinnyjeans size 34 (and I was like..whoa, it must have been a least 20 years since you could have gotten into something like that) -- so the only thing I got was the wrap satin dress in blue that a nice lady gave me cause it didn't fit her... and it's really beautiful-- I was so dissapointed they didn't have the satin jumpsuit-thing there, so after a couple of hours I went to the biggest HM downtown and there they actually had it!!:D so I bought that one in blue and the champagne satin shorts

anyone get the jumpsuit? if so..with what kind of shoes will your wear it??

All gone when I arrived after my class. I hadn't really planned to buy anything, but I was curious about that black "poofy" trench. No luck. All that was left when i got there were some dull tops, but the girls seemed to cling on to them as well, mainly because of the name I guess...:huh:

RoseMary said:
here in austria were few people, not too crowded...

really, where were you?
i'm glad i got there when the store opened, things went away so quickly.
i just got a black v-neck sweater and a dark blue top.

hey, you are from austria too? that's cool ;-)

i was in "kärnter straße". there were some people but i could get everything i wanted - i just bought the grey blazer and two tops.

in which h&m were you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CincyCritic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->