Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
noanoa said:
Did anyone else find the sizing on the tops really big? It was strange, the size 8 jeans fit me perfect, but the size small t-shirts were way too generous in my opinion.:blink:

... the upper cloths were made larger. I guess everything is ment to look 'oversized'. But I think this work only if you are tall. I found the tops too long, that's why I only chose the steel blue v-neck that may be 'shortened' with the help of the silk belt attached.[/quote]

it was wierd, i'm tall (5'10) and the t-shirts were way too long and they didn't look oversized, they just looked too big.

• If anyone has the champagne satin shorts in a size 8/10 that they don't want, please let me know, I am desperate for them!!!

RoseMary said:
hey, you are from austria too? that's cool ;-)

i was in "kärnter straße". there were some people but i could get everything i wanted - i just bought the grey blazer and two tops.

in which h&m were you?

i was at the shopping city, hoping there would be less people there.
it wasn't that crowded, it's just that these women were taking everything, so there wasn't much left when i returned from the fitting room. luckily i already had what i wanted ^_^

last year were many more people for the lagerfeld collection there...

but, yeah that's true, some people took EVERYTHING.
last year i also bought so much and returned most of it...

noanoa said:
size 34.. The chocolate brown trench coat

?

looks like we're the same size.. I tried on the thrench (in the smallest size) and it looked like a tent on me. I think it'll only work if you're reeeally tall! but if you are it'll look great!

therese said:
looks like we're the same size.. I tried on the thrench (in the smallest size) and it looked like a tent on me. I think it'll only work if you're reeeally tall! but if you are it'll look great!

I am only 160 cm without heels. It may look good with my 4-inch-heeled boots. But I think, I will get it in any case - I need a piece of outerwear that I can wear when I walk my dog (not using the 4-inch-heels then, of course) - my old one is falling appart. B)

it is truly a great trench and I really wanted it, but I just looked silly.. I'm 170 cm. but i hope it'll fit you perfectly! :wink:

was it as crowded as you thought? i am thinking of going by the one near my work in nyc.....
the store is physically small, and it's crowded normally.........

I skipped out of work early in a panic that I'd miss everything! What I wanted the most were the skinny tuxedo pants and they didn't recieve them at the Southampton branch, i was devestated! I bought the skinny jeans (which fit me perfectly. as I'm 5'8" i found topshop's Baxter cut jeans to be too short even at 32") instead which they only had in blue. They didn't have the shorts either, or underwear (bikini's only).

I'm thinking of going back after work and having another sweep, maybe pick up some things for ebay.

Has anyone seen the skinny tuxedo trousers?? I didn't see the boots instore but the ones on the dummies are just darling.

I went to two:

first one offcentre, down by the shore, normally not any people there.. it was packed and horrible, not one single piece was left after 1 hour. I was there at 9.45 and only got hold of one thing

then, 2 hours after they opened I though I'd just try my luck and went to the most popular HM downtown in the biggest shoppingmall we have here, and found everything I wanted

I was really surprised.. but then again, maybe everyone just thought like me; being "smart" not going to the biggest, most central one so we all ended up at the small one, getting nothing (only the ones that acted like crazy people, and I did not want to participate in that) ..:D

I just came home from h&m there was not such a mess like I expected. All stuff are still available in every sizes. Also the small sizes. I bought only three pieces, one deep blue sweater, the green v-neck sweater and a white shirt printed. I wanted to try on the black tuxedo blazer but it was too big for me.

Not so much hysteria here, I think the execution of the clothes is rather poor I think, some items are okay but the details are so-so and the cuts quite large. The trench seemed to be a must-have item but it takes a certain body-type to show it off, and it isn't mine :wink: haha... I bought some pieces though... but I think the Lagerfeld collection and media hype was much stronger. The best thing were the shoes and stockings in the window displays but they weren't for sale... they are of Stella's own collection, muuuh :(.

I also noticed these horrible Balenciaga S/S 2005 rip-offs at H&M! I was appalled, this is shameless copying!

Does anybody know who did the song of the COMMERCIAL of Stella McC for H&M? It can be seen on the website, it's a bit of an elektro/japanse dance song...

*JJ* said:
i was at the shopping city, hoping there would be less people there.
it wasn't that crowded, it's just that these women were taking everything, so there wasn't much left when i returned from the fitting room. luckily i already had what i wanted ^_^

HI AUSTRIAN GIRLS...
...I AM FROM VIENNA TOO ;-) haha - totally vienna-stella-convention ;-)
i also wanted to go to H&M-store @ Kaertnerstrasse...
...but university has to go 1st...
...just hope "my personal must-haves" will be left tomorrow!
What ya think????????

Have fun with your stuff - nini :flower:

i think the only thing left tomorrow will be those things that didn't really sell, like the embroidered jacket. i'm going shopping in the evening, i'll stop by to see what's still left. by the way, i had class too today, but i skipped to go shopping. and i'm glad i did, i love the sweater i bought. if there are still any left i'll by another one just in case. you know, h&m quality....:wink:

^yep, the embroidered silk jacket....what a disappointment!!!
when i first saw it on the h&m website, i soo wanted to have it above everything else.....but when i saw it for real today, i was really shocked at how betraying the pics were......and for that price? c'mon, should have looked better than that, really!

i got my coat:woot: and im happy the other stuff didnt look so great to me!

the only things left now are a few things but all in the large sizes which look huge!

^i'm happy you got your much anticipated coat!!! i knew you would.....

Against all my initial protestations and reluctancy, I trekked down to H&M at Oxford Circus during my lunch hour. When I got there, it was like animal carnage...the unwanted coats, denim jackets and silk embroidered jackets strewn on the floor. I literally had to wade through the plastic hangers to walk properly. Little did I know that an extra delivery was coming in at 1pm and I walked in at 12:55.... gaggles of girls eagerly waiting at the fire exit door where they bring out the rails. The air was tense with anticipation and desperation. As 1:05pm rolled on, it got decisively edgy..... girls who had to go back to their offices backed away and new rows of huntresses gathered up......bitchy words were exchanged 'I did not push forward you f****** c***' Yes ladies.......it got so agressive that the C-word was bandied about.

Then at 1.15pm a lady over the tannoy announced that the delivery had been delayed to 2pm and everyone groaned...some even cried. I just left in bemusement as I looked at this scene of materialistic female desire.
Women aside, the clothes themselves? I caught glimpses of every piece in other women's arms. I wasn't impressed. Women were trying on the trenchcoat with futile hope that it would make them look like the shop dummy but just looked shapeless and needlessly baggy on them. The satin jumpsuit was ill-fitting as well. And the number of coats and jackets left on the rails was testament to their ill-fitting nature. The strewn about chain mail belts and purses were New Look quality at best.

I only want 1 or 2 items so I'm going to be smart and go to Brent Cross Shopping Centre branch on a Saturday morning where only yummy mummies shop because I never want to see my fellow females stoop to such a cringing state ever again.

ahh i have no time at all to go to the ONLY H&M selling stella's clothes today! it's in philadelphia. anyone have any idea how it is???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takezo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->