Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
to those who bought the skinny pants and jeans, can you post pics? and how is the fit on them? :flower:

JessRuthie said:
^^What did you get, la mie?

Hmn.. let's see... I got all three of the graphic print shirts - tank (in white), tee, and long sleeve, the wide-leg pants, the short tuxedo jacket, the satin trimmed sweater in the champage color, and the tealish color empire waisted top (it's show in off-white on the website). Oh, and the grey horsie keychain :P Maybe I'll take a picture, since I went there in the clothes I wore yesterday, planning to put on my new stella before I go to class.

susie_bubble said:
Against all my initial protestations and reluctancy, I trekked down to H&M at Oxford Circus during my lunch hour. When I got there, it was like animal carnage...the unwanted coats, denim jackets and silk embroidered jackets strewn on the floor. I literally had to wade through the plastic hangers to walk properly. Little did I know that an extra delivery was coming in at 1pm and I walked in at 12:55.... gaggles of girls eagerly waiting at the fire exit door where they bring out the rails. The air was tense with anticipation and desperation. As 1:05pm rolled on, it got decisively edgy..... girls who had to go back to their offices backed away and new rows of huntresses gathered up......bitchy words were exchanged 'I did not push forward you f****** c***' Yes ladies.......it got so agressive that the C-word was bandied about.

Then at 1.15pm a lady over the tannoy announced that the delivery had been delayed to 2pm and everyone groaned...some even cried. I just left in bemusement as I looked at this scene of materialistic female desire.
Women aside, the clothes themselves? I caught glimpses of every piece in other women's arms. I wasn't impressed. Women were trying on the trenchcoat with futile hope that it would make them look like the shop dummy but just looked shapeless and needlessly baggy on them. The satin jumpsuit was ill-fitting as well. And the number of coats and jackets left on the rails was testament to their ill-fitting nature. The strewn about chain mail belts and purses were New Look quality at best.

I only want 1 or 2 items so I'm going to be smart and go to Brent Cross Shopping Centre branch on a Saturday morning where only yummy mummies shop because I never want to see my fellow females stoop to such a cringing state ever again.

:lol: Love your post!

kimair said:
to those who bought the skinny pants and jeans, can you post pics? and how is the fit on them? :flower:

The black wide-leg trousers fit beautifully...true to size and low on the waist/hips. The flare at the bottom was just right and a great length for tall girls even to wear with a low heel.

I had to try a size up in the skinny zipper jeans and I thought ":sick:" when I looked in the mirror. They were not flattering AT ALL on me, but I am not a fan of this look....very tight.

For the people in Austria, did any of you see the white shirt dress today in any of the stores? I went to the two H&Ms on the Kaertner strasse and two on Mariahilfe and I didn't see any of those dresses in any size. I was there around 1 and I was just wondering if they had already sold out or if they were never stocked.

^^I can't answer your specific question, but I just wanted to say that the white shirt was very thin....in my opinion, it looked better quality in photos. Not trying to discourage you from getting it, but just my 2 cents! :flower:

Halcyon said:
For the people in Austria, did any of you see the white shirt dress today in any of the stores? I went to the two H&Ms on the Kaertner strasse and two on Mariahilfe and I didn't see any of those dresses in any size. I was there around 1 and I was just wondering if they had already sold out or if they were never stocked.

I saw the white dress shirts here in Toronto. they were huge but looked really nice. had I found one that fit I would have bought it for sure. But the small was like a large in other brands so it wsn't worth it

kimair said:

I bought the skinny zipper jeans in size 34 and they fit me perfectly. Usually size 34 is way too large for me because of what I (and I suppose many other small women) call vanity sizing. When I went to school, a size 34 was definitely smaller than today, so I am glad, the Stella jeans for H&M are my size.

They look pretty sharp on - nothing compared to other brands. I tried on other slim jeans and they all ended up looking like the trousers punks wore in 1980. But these ones are actually different:they are low waisted and the sewn in curves bring out the best of your backside. Also they are not terribly tight at the knee area, so it is a more straight line without enhancing your calves. I didn't expect too much when I walked into the changing cubicle with the jeans, but once I had them on, I just thought: Wow! This is it for me. They are a bit too long for me, because I am only 160 cm, but it works in boots. And due to our cold climate I am not going to wear stilettos or sandals with them anyway. But I might alter them in spring, if I still like them.

However, I can only speak for myself and have no idea, what they look like in other sizes, but I could imagine they look great up to size 40 - it always depends on the individual style and character of a woman.

JessRuthie said:
^^I can't answer your specific question, but I just wanted to say that the white shirt was very thin....in my opinion, it looked better quality in photos. Not trying to discourage you from getting it, but just my 2 cents! :flower:

I agree with you. The quality of the fabric used for the white blouses is very poor and the collar wasn't even reinforced. I am very picky when it comes to white blouses. H&M never gets it right with blouses. And I can't get myself to wear something that looks cheap and already worn off when it is new. A white blouse / shirt is a classic piece and in my opinion, the statement of a white blouse works only with classy materials and a good craftmenship.

The scene at the Toronto Eaton Centre was disgusting. It made me embarrassed to be female! I'm talking a bunch of overweight, angry, unnattractive women pouncing like maniacs all over scraps of clothing. Honestly, I dind't want to associate myself with that so i just left. If it is anything like what happened with the lagerfeld stuff there will be plenty left, I'm hardly worried about it.

I plan to go to the H&M store at Chicago on the weekend for the skinny long scarf and men's shirt, both of which look also wearable for men, and to see how good her collections are(maybe bad?). Has anyone already been there and how was there?

H&M opened their 15 stores today, people went crazy! :lol:
yes it is Stella's disign but the H&M quality is terrible, that's my opinion.
People buy at H&M without trying it on, I think some people are so greedy and tasteless, that they buy clothes just because they are 'Stella McCartney' and fight like wild cats! :sick:

I went to my local H&M this morning at around 10.30 or even later... the jeans were pretty much sold out, but of all other items in stock there was plenty left... I doubt we get the full collection here though.

I could take what I wanted to try on and go to the dressing rooms in peace :lol:

I tried on:
The blue sweater posted (which I got)
the black low neck sweater (wool&silk mix) which I also got
the tealish rhinestone (?) top
the tealish silk dress
th black tulip skirt

First of all, I have to say all of it fit. The reason why I got only the two shirts was that a) I don't have the money b) I knew I would actually wear those frequently. And the colours flatter me. ^_^ I liked it actually better on myself than in the fashion show pics (I never thought this would happen :o )

Yeah, but some pieces I saw weren't appealing to me.

These lucky girls!!

625450.jpg

juice major said:
Yeh....luv tht trench coat!!! Brilliant size XS!! But don't think we have the full range in Newcastle. Is that all the items or they will bring in new stuff like in the future?

Fellow tFS hope you got what you wanted! Who brought their b/f with them? Saw a couple of guys there!!

:heart:

no, we definitely didn't have the full range, we didn't have any of the cocktail type dresses, only the 2 wrap one's and we didn't have the underwear, I so wanted those champagne shorts pictured on the previous page, hopefully I'll get them on ebay.... I hope they get another shipment in soon, hopefully with different items.

I brought my bf with me, made him get up to drive me in (even though i have my own car!) he was an absolute angel, carrying all of my items, sitting outside the changing room for ages, and then the sweetie even bought me the skinny jeans and chainmail bracelet! :blush:

Halcyon said:

I got such a "Sienna painting walls wearing Alfies shirt" (Alfie the movie) vibe from that shirt..It's rather flimsy, thin material, but generally better than what H&M musters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benrobertson
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->