Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to watch this video! :o:lol: (in Holland)
http://www.rtl.nl/(channel=rtl4,progid=rtlnieuws,template=/actueel/rtlnieuws/video_template.html)/system/media/html/FFFFFF/components/actueel/rtlnieuws/miMedia/2005/week45/donderdag_1800hennismaurits.avi_plain.xml

I didn't even realize it was today already. I'll be in the city on saturday so I guess I'll drop in for a glance.

Did anyone try on the bow jkt? It's the only item I would consider buying.
bowjkt7bq.jpg

Oh wow perlefine that jackets really nice...how much is it roughly?
I find the rest of the stuff just isn't very 'me'

I went at 6 pm and got exactly what I wanted and left. No hysteria, crowds or anything... I got the chiffon dress and the satin blouson which were actually much nicer on than what they looked like in the pictures, contrary to my expectations. I would never have bothered to go if it had been anything like what other people here described, it's just not worth all that in my opinion. Anyway here's what I bought:

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

Perlefine, the bow jacket is 79,99€ according to the h&m website, I didn't even see it at the store though... maybe they had ran out.

perlefine said:
Did anyone try on the bow jkt? It's the only item I would consider buying.

credits ?

The material wasn't all that nice imo, I didn't like it on me, but another woman was trying it on at the same time, and it looked good on her.. I guess you should go and try it on and see how it suits you :flower:

Oh oops, hm.com :D Dammit Hanne, this is the first time I forget to credit and you caught me red-handed! Good mod :muscles::lol:

The fabric seems a bit meh indeed. I just hope it fits me cause I really love the bow detail and sleeves ^_^

I feel the same about it fff. Too shiny and also the colors nah... :ninja:

I had pretty good luck with this sale. Wound up getting like 10 things but since the entire collection was not at most stores I missed out on some of the items that I wanted most like the large zip up sweater dress. It was such a mad dash in the morning though. I was at H&M Soho and while I was at the front of the line I certainly didn't get an opportunity to browse the collection. It was every man for themselves and people were grabbing like mad. I'm just glad people were polite enough to say excuse me during all the hustle but it seemed very competitive.

All in all though I'm glad I went I got quite a few things I'm sure I'll use and it was an interesting experience. I just wish I could have gotten that sweater!

Also I heard that there was some kind of press meeting the night before where alot of the stuff was snatched up and bought before it was in stores. Any truth to this rumor?

Oh my lord! i went to the leeds store at 12 today and they had completley sold out of lots of things and the only things left were in large sizes!

Went to the Philadelphia store today. A lot of things were gone. No skinny pants/jeans at all, just the wider leg trousers. I wanted the wrap dress (none left in black, they did have a couple in blue and more in ivory) but didn't like the way it looked on me. I ended up with the long tuxedo coat; for the price I think it's very nicely made. I did have to go up a size from what I thought I'd wear in the coat.

>I only want 1 or 2 items so I'm going to be smart and go to Brent Cross Shopping Centre branch on a Saturday morning where only yummy mummies shop because I never want to see my fellow females stoop to such a cringing state ever again.<

Thats what you think! I went to Brent Cross this morning even tho I hate the place because I knew it would be the only place people would not be able to start queuing from ridiculous hours. The shopping centre doors opened to the public at 8.50 today, there were about 20 -30 women waiting for the shop to open and while it can't have been anywhere near as bad as central London I have to say our animal instincts did come out, it was brutal but lots of fun! The rails were empty within one hour!

^I actually phoned up the H&M in Brent Cross and they said it wasn't that bad....... ANYWHERE has gotta be better than Oxford Circus.....I'm talking proper carnage; swearing, hitting, the works....it was all rather disturbing.

Halcyon said:
For the people in Austria, did any of you see the white shirt dress today in any of the stores? I went to the two H&Ms on the Kaertner strasse and two on Mariahilfe and I didn't see any of those dresses in any size. I was there around 1 and I was just wondering if they had already sold out or if they were never stocked.

do you mean the men's shirt? if yes, then the h&m store in the shopping city had it, still has actually. i just went there again at 8 p.m. and they still had everything in most sizes, i was quite surprised. don't know why there was such a frenzy everywhere else.

after I red your posts, I glad I didn't go. I'm pretty sure I can live without my satin jumpsuit. or then I'll just wait for the sale, where I got my Karl Lagerfeld for H&M sweater...

swapping sizes

ok hopefully i didnt violoate the rules, i read the rules before posting. but hopefully im not that ******** to miss this one...if i did i am very sorry and will be happy if you deleted this. thanks.

i was wondering if anyone in the NYC area wants to swap sizes of items, i had no luck in getting some sizes or items i wanted so im not SELLING just want to swap and make each other happy :lol:

please email me if you want to exchange: [email protected] (yes im a freak lol :blush:)

want to swap:
- size MEDIUM in the brown trench coat
want in exchange
- size XS or S in the brown or off-white(?) pale trench coat

i have other items as well but please email me if you have any small sizes like XS, S, 4, 6 - i really want the over-size sweater! :unsure:

trench coat

Hi
i was wondering if the trench coat came in black? luckily i managed to get one (xs too!) but in brown. I know it also comes in beige but i never saw the black one.. yet in the ads the coat looks black. Thanks!

susie_bubble said:
^I actually phoned up the H&M in Brent Cross and they said it wasn't that bad....... ANYWHERE has gotta be better than Oxford Circus.....I'm talking proper carnage; swearing, hitting, the works....it was all rather disturbing.

They must have forgotten about the mess me and my friends made!:P

Actually I was in town in the afternoon and decided to pop into to the 3 west end stores as I was curious to see the situation there, Oxford Circus was just a nightmare all the rails were empty, Bond Street must have just received a delivery because they had loads of stock and Covent Garden had literally nothing! They were even begining to change windows at some stores!
I was speaking to a lovely guy at Oxford Circus he said that they will not be getting any more stock after today and that its much more limited than last years Karl Lagerfeld offerings. So it looks like vogue.co.uk's prediction that it will sell out by the end of the day will be correct!
I bought loads but ended up taking some back as I didn't have time to try it all on and the sizing is weird.
I have kept the khaki trench (it looks fabulous and got loads of compliments and envious looks when I wore it!), the tulip skirt (so flattering!), the petrol blue printed jersey sweater and blue scarf. I really wish the jumpsuit had looked good but its just not very well designed.

Fahiongala said:
Hi
i was wondering if the trench coat came in black? luckily i managed to get one (xs too!) but in brown. I know it also comes in beige but i never saw the black one.. yet in the ads the coat looks black. Thanks!

I think it's just brown (I've been calling mine dark olive green) and beige, no black. The one in the picture is most likely brown.

Stella McCartney’s H&M Line Sells Into Thin Ai

Oh, were you looking to pick up some of Stella McCartney’s new line at H&M? Tough sh*t. At right, an image of the fray at one of H&M’s Soho outposts. Writes one reader:
Just got back to work from the SoHo H&M (both stores) and all racks were completely empty of all goods by 10:07 AM. Only random scarves and keychains left. There was a lot of elbowing, screaming, and tripping others as a means of getting to the stuff.​
Says another brave shopper:
The opening of H+M’s Stella McCartney collection was total and complete insanity. I was at the 34th and 7th ave store. I have never seen grown women act this way (well except for conde nast intramural events *snicker snicker*) pushing, shoving, grabbing and yelling.

One mad shopper pulled an empty metal rod and started hitting a display which had sweaters that were out of arms reach. Not even the mannequins were safe — people tore the samples from them.​
Oh well. No healthy human being would look good in those skinny, ankle-zip jeans anyhow.
Stella! Stella! [Papermag Blogs]

(gawker.com)

Mettchen said:
i just checked aftonbladet.se and the stir the collection made, actually made it to the front page...

at this page: http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,727670,00.html there is a link to a video showing how the people run into the store when it opens and how they grab everything the can :rolleyes: :D it's insane. really. :ninja:

:lol: haha, I went to that store that's on the video, you can even see me run. It was the h&m flagship store in stockholm, not the best store to choose a day like this, it was crazy!! But I managed to grab everything I wanted to try on, it you were patient and waited long enough for staff to bring more you got everything you wanted.

Anyway, I bought the v-necked sweater with the satin bows and the skinny jeans. The skinny jeans just weren't for me, size 34, the smallest size, was too big:( . I'm gonna return them tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benrobertson
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->