Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luxx said:
Also I heard that there was some kind of press meeting the night before where alot of the stuff was snatched up and bought before it was in stores. Any truth to this rumor?
that happened with the karl stuff...
as far as i know...
it didn't happen this time...

but maybe i just wasn't invited this time...:lol:...

perlefine said:

shocking!!!! It would be shameful if ever I were caught on tape like that..
seeing that video really put me off the clothes a bit.. imagine what it would be like there in the next week when you're shopping and see 5 other people wearing stella for H&M at any given moment:cry:

but.. i can't deny there are some pieces I'd still like to have:blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
Luxx said:
I had pretty good luck with this sale. Wound up getting like 10 things but since the entire collection was not at most stores I missed out on some of the items that I wanted most like the large zip up sweater dress. It was such a mad dash in the morning though. I was at H&M Soho and while I was at the front of the line I certainly didn't get an opportunity to browse the collection. It was every man for themselves and people were grabbing like mad. I'm just glad people were polite enough to say excuse me during all the hustle but it seemed very competitive.

All in all though I'm glad I went I got quite a few things I'm sure I'll use and it was an interesting experience. I just wish I could have gotten that sweater!

Also I heard that there was some kind of press meeting the night before where alot of the stuff was snatched up and bought before it was in stores. Any truth to this rumor?
I am glad you had better experiences in Soho. I too, was there, and this girl with really bleached out hair, and a pig nose and body, with lots of black eye make up grabbed something RIGHT out of my hand, as if she didn't already have one of each item already.
I was SOOO mad at first, but didn't care later. I was just stunned. It was bad enough people were out for themselves, but you would think we were starving for food.
I got a nice black baggy sweater with a deep v and deep pink tank with embroidery...pretty cute.

^That's what I'm afraid of! I'm having a bit of a backlash towards the line...and I was excited about it before :blush:

If the clothes did not have that Stella tag and nobody had done all this hype, press, ads etc...would we even be talking about the clothes?????

Luxx said:
I had pretty good luck with this sale. Wound up getting like 10 things but since the entire collection was not at most stores I missed out on some of the items that I wanted most like the large zip up sweater dress. It was such a mad dash in the morning though. I was at H&M Soho and while I was at the front of the line I certainly didn't get an opportunity to browse the collection. It was every man for themselves and people were grabbing like mad. I'm just glad people were polite enough to say excuse me during all the hustle but it seemed very competitive.

All in all though I'm glad I went I got quite a few things I'm sure I'll use and it was an interesting experience. I just wish I could have gotten that sweater!

I am glad you had better experiences in Soho. I too, was there, and this girl with really bleached out hair, and a pig nose and body, with lots of black eye make up grabbed something RIGHT out of my hand, as if she didn't already have one of each item already.
I was SOOO mad at first, but didn't care later. I was just stunned. It was bad enough people were out for themselves, but you would think we were starving for food.
I got a nice black baggy sweater with a deep v and deep pink tank with embroidery...pretty cute.
PS- if u are in NY the 34th street location at 7th ave is replenishing at 4:30...so if you are in the neighborhood!
Round 2

I got the tuxedo coat and the champagne underwear..The collection was practically sold out when I got there (just the scarves and the bikinis left) But luckily there was a return when I was there of the two things I wanted :P

How terrible things went in other stores! I was really lucky, I guess. Everybody was so polite here in Salzburg. No body contact, no harsh words, somebody even asked me: "Excuse me, is this yours?".

I also had the impression that most of the women only chose the pieces they really wanted. Not like 'grabbing the last piece of bread'. How awful and disgraceful!

Over all it worked out well for me, meaning the original intention (besides increasing both parties turnover) to make Stella's design accessible to a broader public. I couldn't have cared less for her designs before and never would have attempted to try on her clothes. Of course, the quality of the real thing may be higher, but to have the chance to feel how everything is cut and intended really changed my mind about Stella McCartney. I will keep my eyes on her future designs now. Not all may be for me, but that's the way fashion goes.

I couldn't get down I've been at rehersals all day, reckon I won't ever the get the time, will be really upset about it, but then 3 weeks happy because I'm not wearing the same dress as quite a few people.

wow! just finished reading pages of everyone's experiences :shock:

In regards to what susie said, thats why I absolutely hate oxford street!! Practically everyone who lives in London is going to be trekking down oxford street for the Stella range & Im so glad I wasnt there. Its just disgusting the behaviour over Stella's clothes..and as someone already pointed out, they are acting like they are starving and fighting for food :ninja:

I went to another H&M early afternoon and I noticed that there were a few black coats left, the graphic t shirts in both colors, bikinis, yellow tops, and they had loads of the scarves. They also had the ugly chain mail bags (sorry) and the belts.
The dresses were sold out and the trench wasnt there either. Basically I hardly saw anything the website had.

As much as I love Stella Im glad I didnt buy anything..and dont think I will even when they restock..I just find the quality not that great, the sizes are HUGE and I think most of the stuff is only going to look good on tall people like the dresses & trench. I will also se lots of people wearing the same stuff!

I much rather buy from Stella's own range.

I wanted to add, I am quoting the Gawker website. Just in case anyone was thinking I was a sarcastic jerk. :D

"Some woman left twin babies in a stroller to go push through for some clothes. Awesome parenting."

From a shopper today

fashionpolice_ said:
:lol: haha, I went to that store that's on the video, you can even see me run. It was the h&m flagship store in stockholm, not the best store to choose a day like this, it was crazy!! But I managed to grab everything I wanted to try on, it you were patient and waited long enough for staff to bring more you got everything you wanted.

Anyway, I bought the v-necked sweater with the satin bows and the skinny jeans. The skinny jeans just weren't for me, size 34, the smallest size, was too big:( . I'm gonna return them tomorrow.
I was there too! And got the top with satin bows! That was the only thing i really liked and that fit me. Didn't see myslf in the vid, though. :lol:

And, yes, the sizing was weird. Size 34 pants were too big for me and I'm normally a 34-36 in pants. I talked to people who said they had to go down two sizes!

Sometimes I see the most awesome women's clothes and it makes me really wish I were a girl. Then I read stories like this, and congratulate myself for the happy genetic accident that made me a boy.

dulcedeleche said:
I wanted to add, I am quoting the Gawker website. Just in case anyone was thinking I was a sarcastic jerk. :D

Wouldn't have thought you were a jerk - just sarcastic!

Halcyon said:
For the people in Austria, did any of you see the white shirt dress today in any of the stores? I went to the two H&Ms on the Kaertner strasse and two on Mariahilfe and I didn't see any of those dresses in any size. I was there around 1 and I was just wondering if they had already sold out or if they were never stocked.

i only saw a white blouse, it wasn't like a dress, rather to wear it as a blouse. i saw it in kärntner straße...

I was lucky,too. Of course, there were so many people but everyone tried to be friendly. When I was there, at about 11 a.m., there were 3 or 4 TV channels with their cameras, that made the chaos even bigger. But there were still a lot of clothes ( 1 hour after the opening)

About the collection: Have to admit, I'm not too keen on most of the pieces. The wide cut made me e.g. in the satin v neck pullover look somehow pregnant. I also was disappointed by the scarf. I've bought the deep V neck pullover in turquoise and the shirt, all the salespeople wore, also in turquoise.
I'm thinking about buying the black coat or one of the black blazers. I had to go down 1-2 sizes, too, it was the same, last year with the lagerfeld tops.

Hanne said:
I got such a "Sienna painting walls wearing Alfies shirt" (Alfie the movie) vibe from that shirt..It's rather flimsy, thin material, but generally better than what H&M musters.

I bought that shirt, and I do love it. It was the one piece I had to have. Do you guys remember when I was looking for Holly Golightly's oversized night shirt when she opens the door to George Peppard in Breakfast at Tiffany's? It's like that. I've been looking for one for ages.

I just came back from the 5th Ave store. It was pure insanity. Much worse than the video. At one point (around 11:00am) a woman cut/stabbed another woman, while shouting:"That's mine!" :shock: . I didn't see it personally since it was total chaos, but I did hear staff over the walkies shouting for someone to call an ambulance. Followed by screams to do a lock down. Someone even said:" Search the bags of people who're leaving." Not sure if it's for the weapon or stolen merchandise.

If anyone on tfs is going to the store, please ask the staff and give us more details. :blink:

I heard that someone "jumped" one of the security guards. What does that mean?

I must have spent over 2 hours in the store 'cos they were bringing out new stuff every half hour. I'm going to the other store at 34th Street & 7th Ave tomorrow.:blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->