US Vogue September 2015 : Beyoncé by Mario Testino

The hair is growing on me, it's not bad but we're not very used to seeing it. The hair goes well with the "Fall Romance" theme as does the jacket, they add on a bit of an edge. Without that it would look too spring-ish, just imagine her with nice waves and no coat. It would be too InStyle.

Overall she looks very young and romantic and at the same time with the colors it adds a cool layer. I don't mind the gray background here, it blends well.

I like nothing on this cover. I hope the content is better.

Neither do I!! :lol: Generally cannot abide Beyonce, so glad I didn't pre-order this issue. Cant believe Marc Jacobs booked back to back covers, of which one is September. It's crazy!

It's her younger sister for sure, she doesn't look like that at all in real life. The overstretched pose isn't working for me. The styling: outfit vs glitter coat vs chair is clashing. Would have been nicer without the extras. Kim K vibe.

So she's the third black women on the cover of the US Vogue September issue.

I just realized I skipped the last year's cover.^_^

September 1989 - Naomi Campbell
September 2010 - Halle Berry
September 2014 - Joan Smalls and Imaan Hammam.
September 2015 - Beyoncé

Anyone else?

This is horrible, this is HB level of tacky. Not impressed at all, worst year for Sept covers!

OMG! What an EYESORE! The stlying is atrocious. The make-up is beyond off! The hair looks terrible. She looks ugly! She woke up like thiiiis! What a bad cover.

I like Beyoncé, though.

BTW, is this by M&M? They always use that awful grey background for US Vogue and it doesn't look very Testinoish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the color scheme but something is pretty tacky here

Could Forces of Fashion be like their September 2010 spread with all different designers/celebrities/athletes/models etc?

Love Beyoncé and this looks good!

Beyoncé looks soft, I don't think it Mert & Marcus, my bet is Demarchelier! She looks stunning! Great cover choice! :blush:

She was photographed by Mario Testino.

Wow, really??? Thanks for the update, Cath! :flower:
It doesn't look like his work at all, I thought it'd be M&M.
Also, the outlets are calling bs on this cover because of its source. It is very odd that an ardent Beyonce fan got to unveil this instead of someone more credible. The leak must be on Beyonce's side. I'm sure Vogue wont take this lightly, especially after the amount of effort they've put into drumming up anticipation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slay B!!
beyonce-september-cover-2015.jpg

Vogue.com

^ It was shared on the official Vogue instagram, so I'd say that makes it about as legit as possible.

I adore the cover. Beyonce is literally the queen of the world. Haha. And so she's always cover-worthy. Also, she photographs like a dream, so it's great to see a cover/editorial feature on her.

I will say, however, that the very first think I thought of when I saw the pic was, "Kim Kardashian?" ... ... probably not good...

24 pages less this year...and 70 pages less than 2 years ago?

Hard times for Vogue. :unsure:

And it looks even worse in HQ, when you have someone that stunning, how can you ruin them like this? Only Testino of course!! And that setting is incredibly cheap for a Sept cover, it's just dull!

What a disappointment!

Ps: Does this make her the only woman of color to be on both March & Sept covers, now? At least that is cool.

OMG! What on earth is going on with that background?!?!? It's hurting my eyes. Quite horrible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->