Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Marisa looks like someone's aunt... Seriously, what's up with VS???
They need to rethink about this group of angles. ^_^

Id give Ale the bra and Marissa a large chuck of the spoken parts (though Adriana and Heidi will have those). Marissa always comes across as very articulate to me (not just because english is her first language).

An angel will open no doubt, but I just think the show needs a big stomper to open. The first seg should be memorable with a fast pace - WITHOUT someone performing, so the models have to walk around them. All performers who sing whilst the girls are on the runway should be on a podium somewhere, out of harms way.

Why would they let Lindsay to this launch?? I was suprised to see Behati last year at the Miami opening launch store or something few days before VSFS, but that was because Behati is the face of PINK. Lindsay being here must mean something..

But remember when models like Oluchi used to do launches? She was never an angel, but she did quite a bit of promotion for them at some point. I like it... it gets old to only see the angels being used in campaigns and with promotions, it's fun to see some new girls thrown in there.

But remember when models like Oluchi used to do launches? She was never an angel, but she did quite a bit of promotion for them at some point. I like it... it gets old to only see the angels being used in campaigns and with promotions, it's fun to see some new girls thrown in there.

I totally agree it's fun too see new girls, but why Lindsay? I mean this is a big thing ..they could have at least chosen a model who is working more for VS at the moment.. like Candice or Rosie! But who knows we might see Lindsay more.. but yes it's great to see some new faces!! :D

Hopefully Lindsay won't become an angel. Really, I'd prefer her in HF. If she has to de VS, then do PINK.:innocent:

Candice to open the show!:lol: No, Alessandra probably will. Even though she isn't fantastic on the runway and her walk is a little clunky, I'd be surprised if she didn't. I doubt Marisa will open. It's only her 3rd show and she kind of walks like she has a pole stuck up her a**.:innocent: Still love her to death, either way.

Does anyone have the full 'It's On With Alexa Chung' episode? I heard Andi was mentioned.:flower:

Thanks for the video!

It's actually a 4th for both Doutzen and Miranda, 3rd for Marisa, HM:flower:

I like Marisa. She does make a great spokesperson. Surprisingly, I'm loving Lindsay as an addition. She looks great with the other angels, so I hope they did/do sign her with the company. I also really like Emanuela -- she is already signed as an angel, yes?

Latest Victoria's Secret Underwear Pictures; Fashion Show Returning To NYC
August 12th, 2009 12:51pm EDT

Victoria's Secret unveiled their new "Body by Victoria" collection and ad campaign along with news that the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show will return to New York City for 2009. Check out the latest scorching hot lingerie photos & video of the VS Angels below...

Victoria's Secret Supermodels Alessandra Ambrosio, Marisa Miller, Emanuela De Paula and Lindsay Ellingson are the faces and bodies of the 10th anniversary "Body By Victoria" line of bras and panties.

The four appeared on CBS' 'The Early Show' to officially announce that this year's fashion show will be back in New York City. The world-famous Victoria's Secret Angels will star in this holiday infused lingerie runway show, which will also include musical performances, red carpet interviews, model profiles and a behind-the-scenes look.

No specific dates have been finalized, but the show is currently scheduled to film in September and air on CBS in December.

Victoria's Secret is giving women the chance to tell why they love their bodies and win a trip to New York in the new Love Your Body By Victoria contest at BodyByVictoria.com.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/08/12/latest_victoria_s_secret_underwear_pictu

Umm so the show is filming in September?:unsure: Are there other sources for this news out there?

No it's not filming in September. The girls said November yesterday...it's most likely a mistake...they've always done it in November since 2001, don't think they'd change it. Plus I trust what the girls said on the show yesterday morning, and the woman I speak to who works backstage at the show every year also said November.

I like Marisa. She does make a great spokesperson. Surprisingly, I'm loving Lindsay as an addition. She looks great with the other angels, so I hope they did/do sign her with the company. I also really like Emanuela -- she is already signed as an angel, yes?
From what I had heard, Emanuela has already signed with the company. As for Lindsay, it's hard for me to NOT look at her doing the BBV launch as an indicator of big things to come. Very rarely do non-Angel models do big launches, the last cases were Marisa and Emanuela (the It Bra, with Heidi, and Biofit, with Adriana) and they're both on board now. Lindsay has done VS stuff for quite a few years now, albeit with PINK. She'd be a very versatile model who could model the PINK stuff one minute and look young and fun, and then turn around and sell some BBV.

^ Behati has done a launch and isn't an Angel so did Oluchi who isn't participating at the VSFS at all anymore.. so I think big things for Lindsay but Angel???

And VSFS is most likely in November.. The girls said it and Doutzen said it in another interview it must be a mistake!

Allow me to clarify: I know that Behati is not one of the Angels, but she is the head spokesmodel for PINK, thus she'll do the occasional launch or she'll do a big event. Oluchi doing launches was awhile back-in the past few years it's just been models who are Angels already, who eventually become Angels, or models who do significant things for the company. (My observation)

Allow me to clarify: I know that Behati is not one of the Angels, but she is the head spokesmodel for PINK, thus she'll do the occasional launch or she'll do a big event. Oluchi doing launches was awhile back-in the past few years it's just been models who are Angels already, who eventually become Angels, or models who do significant things for the company. (My observation)

So Lindsay isn't an Angel and hasn't done any significant for the company, Oluchi same story and Ana BB also attended a launch in 2006. So as I see it they use models instead of Angels once in a while.. without anything special happening.. but I can understand your vision also..but I don't think they have a big thing like Angel-stuff for Lindsay in store.. They may use her more... but they also use Candice & Rosie a lot.

So Lindsay isn't an Angel and hasn't done any significant for the company, Oluchi same story and Ana BB also attended a launch in 2006. So as I see it they use models instead of Angels once in a while.. without anything special happening.. but I can understand your vision also..but I don't think they have a big thing like Angel-stuff for Lindsay in store.. They may use her more... but they also use Candice & Rosie a lot.

Or, I think they let some girls do launches if VS is thinking of signing them as Angels. Like a little test of sorts - see how the girl handles herself, how she handles the press, etc. Ana BB was offered an Angel contract, so she wasn't just a random catalog girl they asked to do a launch, know what I mean? :flower:

^ Yes, that is also a good explanation, a reasonable one! :lol: IMO if that's the case.. it means another Angel will be leaving anytime soon (heidi??) or they're going to have a lot of Angels.

Or, they're just prepping Lindsay with the idea of making her an Angel in a year or two, maybe. Heidi's contract expires around then - didn't she only sign for 3 years last time, CoutureChic?

Well 3 angels left..
KK
Iza
Selita..

They had 2 new angels since 2008:
Emanuela
Doutzen

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member