2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show - *Please see first post before posting*

Status
Not open for further replies.
im watching the show and UGH, these girls are like man-crazy around that Justin Bieber. seriously. :sick:

But if you watched the body language, it is obvious they are faking it for the camera. Case in point: look at all of Lily Aldridge's reactions.

I am thinking only a few of the models are actual bieber fans. Just look at the model's real-life BFs and you know their actual 'types'. Case in point again: Lily Aldridge is married to a rock band frontman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. You can hear the guy saying "it doesn't matter just send whichever girl" but it's like uh yeah it matters, she's the New Year's girl, it's first of the year, Erin has to be the first one out. So the whole thing doesn't make any sense.

^ I know :lol: VS needs to stop creating these fake dramas, they're so obvious. I cringed when one girl said 'She still looks fierce' when KK 'lost' her shoe. Natasha Poly actually lost her shoe and kept walking the year before in 2005 during the Russian segment. So, I think they got the idea from there.

Some of the girls weren't faking it, and it was very annoying to me. Grown women in their late 20's liking Bieber? Uhm :yuk: Erin's drama didn't have to be shown, but the scowl of her when she initially walked on runway because of her poor hair was pretty bad then the fake smile I mean who cares girl it is hair and you on the VSFS get over it and walk out & own it. Then I saw Lily in as 4th of July :ninja: she really shouldn't ever be at VSFS pathetic walk ....

Glad Hilary wasn't shown fawning over Bieber lol... ugh!

Some of the girls weren't faking it, and it was very annoying to me. Grown women in their late 20's liking Bieber? Uhm :yuk: Erin's drama didn't have to be shown, but the scowl of her when she initially walked on runway because of her poor hair was pretty bad then the fake smile I mean who cares girl it is hair and you on the VSFS get over it and walk out & own it. Then I saw Lily in as 4th of July :ninja: she really shouldn't ever be at VSFS pathetic walk ....

Glad Hilary wasn't shown fawning over Bieber lol... ugh!
Who specifically are you referring to? If there is any affection for bieber, I am inclined to believe they see him more as 'brotherly' or cute as in puppies are cute too.

From what I saw, it looked to me most of them were just playing to the cameras. They always do this. Whenever they show backstage they gather a bunch of the models to do some sort of cheer thing. They also show clips of models dancing and singing to the musician's music. They do this every year.

For example, you had Adriana and Alessandra 'fawning' over bieber on camera. But I highly doubt bieber is their type in real life as evidenced by their husbands/bfs. Most of the models have more manly BFs and husbands.

The only one I know who can probably be a real bieber fan is Barbara Palvin. Similar age range and the fact Palvin is supposedly self-admittedly sort of a bieber fan even prior to VS.

Are we really talking about Bieber being anyone's type because of how they reacted to him at a show/during press things that they knew were being televised/recorded/photographed? Is that really where we're at right now? :blink: They're not marrying the guy, they're working around him and hamming it up for the cameras.

I haven't watched the whole show just two segments and so far Magda and Doutzen killed it. I wasn't bothered by Rihanna either.
You guys made me curious about all the Bieber thing. But I don't understand why there's so much drama about him being girls' type, come on, he's 18 years old. I guess he got some attention, I mean special attention, but everyone does, every year, and i guess for all his fans (and for the raitings) VS just wanted to highlight his presence. I just think it was clear from the very beginning inviting him wasn't the best idea.

You are missing the point. As a producer of a show, you should strive to create the right vibe for the show but one that is believable.

A common element of VS fashion shows has always been for models to 'flirt'/interact with some of the performing musicians. Having good chemistry between the models and the performer is important.

If you want the models to flirt a bit with the male performer, it should be believable. If the male performer was more the model's type, not only does that help with their chemistry (which makes their acting more natural and believable) but ultimately from a holistic perspective it is more realistic and the viewers can tell because you also have to convince the viewers too.

E.g. if you had the models flirting with say william hung, it wouldnt be believable and wouldnt have worked; while justin timberlake or adam levine it would. Why? First, models would need to work harder to flirt with someone they are simply not attracted to (as they naturally show no attraction) and the viewers (who are not stupid) simply wont buy or fall for it. For the viewers its like this: models flirt with someone attractive = believable and natural. Its second nature for the viewers and wont draw much analysis or criticism. But when models flirt with someone unattractive or not their type = unbelievable. Its maybe even condescending when viewers realize that hey, these models are just 'acting' as it is obvious.

VS signed on with bieber this year likely for reasons of publicity to court the interests of the next generation of potential lingerie buyers who are currently bieber fans. Thats fine. I think though its been pretty unanimous across the board that bieber's appearance on the show was just off and there is a reason to this not the least of which many viewers are not bieber fans themselves. Viewers are also not blind to the reality outside of the show. Bieber is totally not the type of many of those models screaming 'bieber fever', its just unbelievable. Also for those models acting it up with bieber fever in front of the camera, it actually shows up as kinda fake (e.g. Lily Aldridge). Many of the models however, didnt even bother flirting/interacting, and that in itself is a lost opportunity to make the segment more enticing to the viewers. Again, fail.

The best performers were probably justin timberlake and usher. Great chemistry with the models. Bruno mars was the best musically, but lacks chemistry with the models.

But if his presence is there for 'Beliebers', they may well think all that hamming it up and interaction between Justin and the models is for 'real', and were probably screaming and thinking how cool it is that the world's most beautiful women know the words and sing along to his music. Agree though that for everyone else, it was just so :yuk:

Did anyone watch the pre-show? I haven't been back any pages, but I thought it was messy. Queues were all wrong and Monica seemed a little uncomfortable/nervous interviewing people. If this is what new girls have helping them prepare for press then it explains a lot.

Yeah, I feel the same way about Monica interviewing the girls last year. She seems so stiff, nervous and the sense of humor isn't there. So serious and not very charismatic which is kind of necessary for a host and interviewer!

Ugh I can't watch the Angels in bloom part on YouTube :(

I really hate most of the outfits this year!

And Babara! She's so grown up and sexy there. I'm shocked
Posted via Mobile Device

the Candice solo part.... she is extremely gorgeous, the most beautiful model i've seen.. but gosh when she talks she makes fall asleep.. soooo boring and slow

I wasnt really a fan of Magdalena F but i CANNOT get over how amazing her poses were!!! Those poses will defenitely be going down in the VS history book!! Shes hot as heck!

Are there any gifs of her poses? Would it be in her thread?

Still loving Circus and Calendar Girls.

Is it just me or did VS cut out the entire audience this year?!?! That's a first since like 2005

Is it just me or did VS cut out the entire audience this year?!?! That's a first since like 2005

maybe there was no one interesting in the audience this year, when i saw the pink carpet, I knew absolutely nobody

but that's good. Now need to remove the focus on the singers and it will be back to be a fashion show

I really felt like watching a concert with some girls walking around. That is what I did not like about the H&M lingerie show for instance. and VS is too much on that path as well. and what was that #VS twitter thing on screen... they should put girls name instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->