Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Does anyone know why Ana BB didn't agree to become an angel?

Depends on who you ask, no one knows for sure. The most-often mentioned reasons are:

- She turned it down because she doesn't want to be in the spotlight that much, she values her privacy and becoming an Angel would change that (this is what Ana herself gave as a reason in a past interview)
- She turned it down because she had bigger & better contract offers from L'Oreal and JLO Lingerie, neither of which she'd be able to do if she signed with VS, due to the exclusivity they require. Since those 2 supposedly offered more money than VS, she signed with them instead
- Then there's also rumors about Ana breaking her previous contract with VS by modeling for JLO, and I guess maybe they took back the offer or something?

Personally, I believe it might have been a combination of 1 and 2. I don't believe the 'breaking contract' rumors as Ana has kept working for VS since then, walking in every VSFS except 2007 (and that was just a scheduling conflict), appearing in the catalogs and on the website, etc. I don't think that would have happened if she really did break contract. So my theory is that she choose JLO and L'Oreal over VS on purpose.
But, like I said, no one knows for sure. :flower:

Well 3 angels left..
KK
Iza
Selita..

They had 2 new angels since 2008:
Emanuela
Doutzen

pretty bad... I don't know if this was posted
No word on whether de Paula and Ellingson are new Angels — both Selita Ebanks and Karolina Kurkova neglected to renew their Angel contracts this year
fashionologie

Does any one know why they did not renewd his contract???

Last edited by a moderator:
^ de Paula already signed a contract! Lindsay didn't that's why everybody was so suprised to see her!

I don't know why Selita didn't renew her contract, but KK wanted to focus on her acting career and now her family, I guess.

I'm sure if VS wanted to renew their contracts they would .. who knows who left who? Everytime a model is dumped they always say its their decision lol .. whatever

Emanuela de Paula did NOT sign any Angel contracts - that is what VS people replied to my message to them.

The only angels contracted now according VS themselves are:

Heidi
Alessandra
Adriana
Marisa
Doutzen
Miranda

And I am glad ABB is not an angel, as gorgeous as she is she doesnt have the star power or presence to work as an angel and VS spokesperson (in my humble opinion of course).

OK, so now there are 6 angels again... I think 5 would be the best number but it's better than 7 or more. But why was everyone thinking Emanuela was an angel? (including me)

You know how gossips are being born ? One says smth and then another says smth and it adds so in the end you dont know whats true whats not.

Emanuela was in Xmas commercial 2008 so may be thats why people thought she is an angel since its know that xmas commercial is a big deal n stuff...

Yeah I agree 5 or 6 angels is just fine.

Ideally I'd change some of the angels and add Hilary and Candice to the list and may be a redhead...

^ I agree I have not seen a red head for VS for as long as I can remember, I think it ould add some variety to the girls :smile:

Redhead + VS > there is only one girl that comes to my mind and that's Cintia Dicker! She would be so perfect for the show :doh: I don't really concern with VS tbh but still, it's beyond me why she hasn't walked for them. IMO she has everything a VS girl needs :blush:

I could not agree more. She has the body, the walk and personality. She would need to work on her English a little, but she would be perfect.

Speaking of Asian girls, I'd love to see Du Juan! She's quite suitable for VS with her classic, beautiful face I think.

And I am glad ABB is not an angel, as gorgeous as she is she doesnt have the star power or presence to work as an angel and VS spokesperson (in my humble opinion of course).

i strongly disagree. she did great job for intimissimi, plus shes always funny and her english is great.and about that star power... none of the current angels, except heidi, has it... they all look very down to earth, some of them even bore me.

Speaking of Asian girls, I'd love to see Du Juan! She's quite suitable for VS with her classic, beautiful face I think.

I don't care who it is! Heck, even Bruna could pass as an Asian. Just give me some Asian girls. :furious::judge:

Transformers director Michael Bay (no stranger to working with fox-y ladies) just finished shooting our new Holiday TV Spot! Get a sneak peek with these exclusive pics from the set.

facebook.com/victoriassecret

Models I spot:
Ale
Marisa
Doutzen
Candice
Rosie
Chanel
and I think Miranda in one pic?

Yes, I think it's Miranda in the pink on the 4th pic? And what is Chanel doing there?! Ew.

When I met Cintia she actually said she has been to VSFS castings but has never made it.

According to Vogue UK it's being filmed in September too;

Here Come The Girls
12 August 2009

AS the British big hitters come home for London Fashion Week's 25th anniversary, New York is experiencing a homecoming of its own. For the first time since 2005, Victoria's Secret will return to the Big Apple's catwalks - but who will grace the runway with so many of its models pregnant this year?

Former Victoria's Secret Angels Gisele Bundchen and Heidi Klum have confirmed their pregnancies in the past few months, as have current Angels Karolina Kurkova and Adriana Lima. New mum Alessandra Ambrosio told America's The Early Show that she was nervous when she unveiled her pregnancy to the lingerie behemoth - but that she was happy to be back on the catwalk after the birth.

"Here I am back working! I did the show last year, two months after I had the baby," Ambrosio said before assuring the interviewer who said she didn't look like she had given birth: "Well, I did! She's at home sleeping right now."

The show - usually filmed in November and screened in December - was held in Miami last year but will be held during Fashion Week this September at the event's new venue in Lincoln Centre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->