Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

will be held during Fashion Week this September at the event's new venue in Lincoln Centre.

So, I'm guessing it's not going to be as big of a show as per usual.

Oh wow during fashion week! it's going to make all the other shows look so small by comparison.

well if its in September, how do u think adriana will look as a host?she's very pregnant and it is lingerie show.... weird....:ninja:

I don't think this show is going to be all GLITZ and GLAMMAH liked it used to be. Just something small but not overshadowed by the rest of FW.

gee, that angels lineup needs some fresh faces, as well as more variety. :ninja:

I'm curious about this year's show. Maybe they will go back to a more simpler format rather than the embellished version they've used for a while. Can't wait to see what they do and what models they will use aside from the angels.

The holiday ad looks really nice. The girls look lovely in the VSFS outfits. Rosie's body is a dream. :shock:

It would be great for them to pick up a redhead and while there are some outstanding ones, Dicker isn't one of them.

Are you serious VS will be part of fashion week.. That should be interesting...

And now what jumps to my mind is Adriana since they confirmed she will be part of the show... Maternity line maybe? (im dreaming) but still it would be interesting to see her prancing around with a big belly :smile:

Cant believe it is going to be so soon :D

A show reminiscent of the 1999 show springs to mind. It was subtle, it was a genuine fashion show and all of the ladies shone.

I hope this years show actually show us good footage of the girls actually walking the runway....Past shows seem to focus more on the performers and crowd reaction to the show rather than showing the viewers, each girl strutting the runway....

hey guys, I know I'm late but still wondering- why exactly G.Bundchen in not an angel anymore?

^ she wanted your money thats why, greedy goddess she was, felt she deserved more

contract dispute? (no one knows for sure really)

also in an interview Gisele said that she loved her time with VS, but she was just ready to move on and try new things. (They were too restrictive is my guess)

(all 3 of us posted at once :P )

Last edited by a moderator:
VSFS during fashionweek?? I see many high fashion girls participating to the show...
Hope they would go for the VS05 vibe instead of that glaaaamorous 08 show.

A show reminiscent of the 1999 show springs to mind.

TY, TheGambit. I had been so stuck in the mind set of the shows after 1999/2000 that I didn't think VS would try to get back to basics. ^_^

I always thought that having it later than FW gave the girls a chance to fatten up after getting uber-skinny to walk in the high fashion shows. Although I must admit, and I am a big critic of super-skinny models, that last years show was very thunder-thigh-y, perhaps because a lot of the models just gained weight without exercise and the extra mass was jiggle as opposed to muscle.

Also last years show seemed to have extremes, on the one hand you had models who looked liked jail bait (Abbey Lee Kershaw and Behati Prinsloo) and women who looked like cougars on the prowl (Ana Beatriz Barros and Candice Swanepoel, although I don't think that they are as old and rough looking as they appeared in the show). For some reason and perhaps it is unfair, but I exempt Heidi, she is a VS institution. The problem is that half of the models looked like her contemporaries and the other half looked like her daughters.

I think they will use a lot of new models if it's going to be held in September during Fashion Week! That means no Adriana, No KK and No Heidi (on the runway).

I'm curious about the christmas-commercial. You know I like to see new girls in the catalog, website, launches and commercials but it makes the Angel-status less special. Usually only Angels get to that and now all the girls can.. now the Angels only stand out when it's VSFS time.. they do most of the promotions and press. other than that.. these days it always includes one (or more) non-angels!

But NYC VSFS september? Can't wait... :smile:

I don't think having it in fashion week will majorly affect their model choices. The girls they seem to favour, like Rosie, Candice, the brazilians etc aren't generally involved in NYFW, and if they are it's only a couple of shows so their attention will remain on VS. The only girls I can see it affecting (both in body shape and fitting the show in their schedule) is people like Isabeli and Behati.

I think one of the reasons they use non-angels is because 2 of them are pregnant. And I remember seeing Angela Lindval, Ana Hickman, Laetitia Cast (after her angel status) Ana Beatriz and Oluchi just in the holiday commercials. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->