Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc - Thread #10 - *Please see first post before posting*

Discussion in 'The ETC's of the Modeling World' started by Thread Manager, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Gabriel29

Gabriel29 Well-Known Member

The part about Andi Muise and Ed Razek is so sad. No matter what way you look at it, a top marketing executive should not be engaging in action like that. No wonder Ed "retired." I'm sure he knew this was going to come out.

And don't forget that predators like that are smart. He was never going to act like that with the main angels or higher profile models. These men know who to target.

gunsnroses, axiomatic and Armani like this.
  2. dsamg

dsamg Well-Known Member

They were always effusive in their praise of Ed too. The point made in the article was his exploitation of his subjects and even VS - they provided him with free subjects for his overpriced books then he complained about the image being used in a store.

3. Littleathquakes

Littleathquakes Well-Known Member

well that explains why Andi just stopped working. However, I'm not entirely convinced that it was such a one-sided deal. They mentioned Bella Hadid in that article - she was over the moon when she was told she'd be in the show. And she came back for more shows. If it was really as bad, she is one of the bigger names in the business to have said something and not fear retaliation of any sort. As far as I know, the only thing she even shaded against VS was when she did Rihanna's line and said she felt more liberated as a woman than any other show. And since it was a lingerie line from Rihanna, the natural comparison was VS.

4. gunsnroses

gunsnroses Active Member

They mentioned that the Bella Hadid thing happened during a fitting at the 2018 show. Which was the last show VS had. It’s possible if they had a show in 2019 that she would have not gone.

5. anaa lpz

anaa lpz Well-Known Member

The way I understand the part about Bella is that Ed said that but not to her. So maybe she didn't even hear it?
    I also remember seeing that someone did a drawing of boobs next to Eniko's name during a casting. Probably Ed. It was a long time ago, though.

6. dsamg

dsamg Well-Known Member

From what I understood from the Bella part it wasn't her saying it, it was someone else recounting what was said to Bella.

7. Armani

Armani Tech Support

8. Littleathquakes

I remember that! That was the other guy, I think his name was Jon. The Filipino guy.

Armani likes this.
  9. Armani

Armani Tech Support

10. Armani

Armani Tech Support

Hmm... VS really is finally listening to their fans. New Spring Collection campaign starring first transgender model Valentina Sampaio, plus-size models Solange van Doorn and Candice Huffine, Former Angels (and age diverse) Helena Christensen and Daniela Pestova, and supermodel Joan Smalls, among others... and Helena shot the campaign as well!

11. Armani

Armani Tech Support

Full model casting:
    Barbara Palvin
    Candice Huffine
    Daniela Pestova
    Grace Elizabeth
    Helena Christensen
    Jasmine Tookes
    Joan Smalls
    Lais Ribeiro
    Romee Strijd
    Solange van Doorn
    Valentina Sampaio

(LOL @ them only using the Angels the fans like too. THEY’RE LISTENING!!! After ALL these years, they’re listening!)

#631 Armani, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  12. KateTheGreatest

KateTheGreatest Well-Known Member

Why would anyone still want to be associated with this brand though?

dsamg likes this.
  13. anaa lpz

Right? I mean, smaller models still think of this as a huge gig but...Helena?

dsamg and KateTheGreatest like this.
  14. Armani

Armani Tech Support

I would assume they actually pay decently well for campaigns, given the show was a no-go last year.

15. Littleathquakes

This would've been epic maybe around 2 years ago. There's no recovering for this brand.

dsamg likes this.
  16. bluestar

bluestar Well-Known Member

I'm so conflicted because I love the new direction that the company is going for their print ads....but LOL it is so unauthentic. The management is scrabbling to be 'inclusive' and 'diverse' but we all know its just a strategy for them to regain sales and their brand image.

Littleathquakes, dsamg and Armani like this.
  17. anaa lpz

Exactly, anyone who's paid attention can see through it. Ed says trans women can't be part of the "fantasy"...they hire a trans woman. They are criticised for not including different sizes...they hire plus-size models.
    It seems like they are on social media 24/7 waiting to see what the next complaint is so they can fix it. Which isn't a bad thing per se but...as bluestar says, so unauthentic.

18. Cute

Cute Well-Known Member

I believe that Ed is out of VS so it looks like they’re trying to recover from what VS did in the past.

Armani likes this.
  19. McKinney

McKinney Member

At this point, I don’t really care what’s authentic- no commercial brand is authentic anymore. As long are there taking steps in the right direction- firing Ed, listening to consumers, diversity, etc.- I’m on board.

happycanadian likes this.
  20. lightblue

lightblue Member

People will always complain. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.