Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

- I'm not going to start on the Miranda-thing cause you obviously don't see where I'm going here or understand what I mean (and I'm on the airport so don't feel like typing a whole story, I might do that in private cause this is just an endless discussion).

Endless story? How so? :lol: Your making it sound as if Miranda is no importance to VS, and if they have to get rid of any model, it should be her, because well... they don't use her. :rolleyes: Have you followed her career from the start to assume that VS doesnt use her? :innocent:

I think they actually spread it more or less evenly between angels with all the launches and campaigns.

Thanks for the list, tanii.

FASHION'S NIGHT OUT: Meet Adriana Lima & Miranda Kerr

FASHION'S NIGHT OUT
Thursday, September 10
Victoria’s Secret Lexington
Store open until 11pm

Adriana Lima & Miranda Kerr
Autograph Signing 7-10pm
*Only on Victoria’s Secret-provided photographs. One per person.

Preview the supermodel-designed Fashion’s Night Out T-shirts and find out how you can bid on them. All proceeds will benefit the National September 11 Memorial & Museum Fund.

Makeovers from our renowned makeup artists

Get THE LACIE™ panty FREE with any full-priced bra purchase

The following NYC stores will be open until 11pm on September 10 for Fashion’s Night Out and will have the free panty offer (while items last:(
Lexington Avenue @ 58th Street
Herald Square
Broadway SoHo
Fifth Avenue
South Street Seaport
Manhattan Mall
86th Street (Upper East Side)

VS' Facebook

I'm going! Also, this pretty much proves that VS must be doing something for FW. There was a meeting the other day that Adriana and Anne V. was at, so I wonder what that was about.

Actually, according to VS' Facebook there is something going on during FW.

Yes. sort of. well good to hear vogue is still a reliable source though the actual vsfs is not removed to september something is going on :smile: thanks vivaglam

Welcome back, HM! This thread didn't move so much without you. Anyway, I'm curious as to if they'll be using the girls for this little preview show. I'm thinking probably not the Angels.

VS loves Miranda too much to let her go.

Heidi brings a 'name' that Gisele did in the past. I doubt she's leaving, unless she asks for a ridiculous amount.

Maybelline is the provider of make up for FW this year. Now that I think about it, I wonder how that would work? Anyway, while I wouldn't doubt that she would walk for him, I think VS has their own thing going on.

VS loves Miranda too much to let her go.

Heidi brings a 'name' that Gisele did in the past. I doubt she's leaving, unless she asks for a ridiculous amount.

I think she won't, she doesn't strike as someone who demands ridiculous amounts for her work. But I'm in the minority when it comes to Heidi, I really like her. even when i think she's getting too old for the VS runway, I would miss her if she's not on there.

Emily, she is pretty no doubt and I like her for Maybelline. However most of these new VS pix of hers are not wow to put it mildly. She looks different... but then again its her first pictures, we shall see. Sometimes you have a gorgeous HF model or even a commercial model and put her in VS and she doesnt look her best at all ( Lindsay, Emily, Flavia, not all Doutzens VS photos are amazing either (but it may be some photoshop fault too) and some others...) , and on the contrary. And then there are some models who work both HF and VS ( Erin Heatherton is example, she looks amazing for VS and HF).

Its great VS is trying all HF models these days lol, but most of them are good only for clothing. Because for swim and lingerie you should have a different kind of body ( Hilary, Marisa, Bar, Candice, Adriana, Emanuela... they have best bodies for VS).

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Julia. They are using a lot of HF models these days, but if they all make it to the show.. who knows? I think they are using too many HF models to even consider a new Angel or assume they're all going to be in the show.. though some of them are simply amazing!!!

Victoria's Secret Goes International...

...kinda

Sexy Skies
by Dan Eaton (09/01/09)

Victoria's Secret bares plans for stores in international airports as part of the company's push to expand beyond North America. Adriana Lima can finally buy the lingerie she sells in her home country of Brazil, thanks to a new Limited Brands expansion into international airports. Brazil, which has been fertile ground for Victoria's Secret models, now has its first Victoria's Secret store, but it isn't the sprawling mecca to intimates that U.S. shoppers are accustomed to seeing.

Columbus, Ohio-based Limited Brands Inc. said it opened four "travel and tourism"stores in the quarter ended August 1, 2009 in Sao Paulo, Brazil; Buenos Aries, Argentina; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; and at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York. The company said it will open a fifth shop in Barbados in September, with a Mexico City store also possible this year.

"The early response to these stores has been phenomenal, and we believe that this is a clear indication of the strength of our brands outside the United States," Limited chief administrative officer Martyn Redgrave said in an August 20 report to securities analysts. "We are very excited about the potential for future growth in these travel and tourism shops," he said.

The stores, ranging from 600 square feet to 1,000 square feet, are owned and operated by licensees, not by Limited Brands. Some are in airports, but the company declined to specify which ones. Redgrave said the stores carry an assortment of lingerie, accessories, beauty aids, gifts, and its Pink line for younger women. The accessories selection includes travel items such as passport holders, luggage tags, sunglasses, and key rings.

Exciting edge
East Rutherford, New Jersey-based Hudson Group owns and runs the JFK shop, the only Victoria's Secret in a U.S. airport. Dufry AG, the Swiss parent of Hudson Group, is Limited Brands' partner in the duty-free Brazilian, Argentine, and Barbadian shops. Dufry and Hudson Group oversee more than 1,000 stores in 137 airports, seaports, railway stations, and tourist spots.

Souce: Portfolio.Com

Just something I was thinking, but do you think the girls get to keep their hair extensions after the show? If I was a girl in the show I would never want to take them out haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->