Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2024

I thought it was pretty great. You can really tell that they put on a lot of effort into this, cause they had one shot to get it right and try to bring the fantasy and allure of VS back to the public after all this years and everything that happened, and I think they accomplished that (for me anyway).

It felt a lot less campy costumy spectacle and more elevated and high fashion-minded than they used to, from the production to the looks to the casting. It was a callback to the 90s/early 00s origins of VS and focusing purely on lingerie, which is a great move. The models actually looked gorgeous and sexy, something that was missing in the later years.

To be honest I expected the casting to be a lot more diversity heavy. Not that this wasn't diverse, but after all the backlash I thought they would go overboard just to prove a point and try to be like Savage Fenty, but it was a good balance. It was a strong casting and none of the models felt out of place.

One flaw for me was that the camera work was lacking in a lot of moments. I guess it's because it was "live", so it didn't have that tight editing and direction from the CBS broadcast, but they could've done a lot better with the angles and close ups. Also felt like the pacing was a little off, it was very straightforward. It could've used more storytelling, maybe throw some pre-recorded clips, interviews, making-off?

Let's see how it's received by the public, but from what I could feel from social media it's been positive. There's a big nostalgia element from this show that might work well in their favor. Maybe it won't be the thing that saves the company, but it's a good try.

Just finished watching here.
1. I do like that they are actually using actual products which make sense rather than plain costume.
2. Casting in 100% top notch. Really love the cast. Too bad Vitto get to close and open segment. Arrangements can be better.
3. Musical guests were surprisingly better than expectation. Done pretty good too.
4. The show, of course, will never be as same as the height of VS show because it's a new era. This feels much more organic and like a celebration rather than fake smiles for male gaze.

Everything was boring until Kate Moss came to fired up the catwalk.
She is amazing, sutil and sexy
It was very taste cher made playback

it looked great, lots a bad walks tho--- rianne v r i thought she had a more fierce walk?? i think some HF girls probably struggled to get in the mood for it, like, they take themselves a lil seriously to walk down VS runways in underwear.. u could see it in their eyes lol

Once i saw Rianne i knew PGG was behind this lol, cute show for nostalgia, terrible garments + styling

I just saw all your comments and this must surely be an unpopular opinion, but I didn't really enjoy the show. Of all the VS shows I've seen, this is the first time I've fast-forwarded and skipped moments of the video because I found it boring. It's a nice effort from the brand, but the magic wasn't there.

Gigi's opening was mediocre in my opinion (okay, that’s harsh, let's say mid) even though she wore the heaviest wings of the show. Most of the wings looked cheap and so 2012; I would have expected something more innovative. The veterans did their job : Adriana was sublime, and Candice too she IMO saved the show, even though I feel like she appeared to not want to be there less playful than usual. They did dirty Behati, Josephine, Alessandra, but especially Mayowa with hideous outfits. Mayowa is a current angel, and she was given an outfit that would be the equivalent of VS Pink back in the day.

Imaan, what a goddess she should have opened the show; the difference in atmosphere with Gigi was striking!
Blesnya, Anok (they gave her some weird looks, but she made it work), Awar, and Maty were divine and angelic.

The performances were very good, but let’s talk about Tyla's walk; it stole the show—it reminded me of Rihanna's closing performance during her appearance. Yasmin Wijnaldum was missing, but Tyla did her justice. Kate Moss was radiant for the opening of the rock segment, but I found Carla Bruni unnecessary... Joan Smalls THAT HAIR look so good on hair she closed her segment like a true supermodel. Quite surprised but Paloma & Alex Consani were also a nice surprise .

Bella Hadid looked perfect for the closing; she seemed a bit nervous, but it was nice. Tyra's moment was moving but ruined by the cut; she looked like Ru Paul in a "Category Is: Bring It to the Runway!!" situation, and her damn Rene Caovilla heels was struggling and fighting for her life, which reminds me of Doutzen’s mishap who handled it perfectly as usual.

Overall, I feel it's a missed opportunity; I think they thought they could do better... THE FANS WERE EXTREMELY MISSED, and the fact that the models posed at the end of the catwalk and were filmed from the side rather than from the front was strange.

Okay here are my thoughts:

-The music was GREAT. All of the performers rocked and the remixes were amazing, this was really the highlight for me.

-Overall the cast was great, some girls just didn't do it for me (Paloma, Lila) but some newcomers were amazing (Blesnya, Anthi). Vitto and Imaan are true stars.

- I felt like the previous angels were a bit disrespected. I obviously knew Adriana and Candice would get the most airtime, but I was expecting a nostalgic section maybe with the previous angels and it felt like a missed opportunity to wish them all goodbye as the show moves on.

-The outfits I was okay with them going simpler, but I wanted a little more fantasy. You can tell this is where they lost budget. Don't get me wrong I don't want the tribal ethnic costume fest that Sophia was obsessed with, but I needed a little bit more.

-The wings felt janky and poorly constructed and I can't believe they reused them. Can someone find out exactly how many wings were from previous shows?

-The runway should be elevated and one model should walk at a time!

-Alessandra looked stunning even with one look in the middle of a random section.

Overall I had low expectations so I was pleasantly surprised. Not bad at all!

I guess I'm the only one who found it cringey. Different times, not the 90s any longer. And what was Lila Moss doing there? I would've said no to Kate if she insisted that her daughter get booked as well.

I thought it was a good show. The models looked pretty and served body. The set reminds me of the McQueen Givenchy Couture show with the mannequins ascending/descending from the floor.

Overall it felt it went by so fast. Usually you get previews but they delivered everything at once.

Kind of miss the behind the scenes and commentary especially given the amazing cast. Like they could go crazy with a segment on Eva, Carla, Kate, Tyra, then the angels like Candice, Alessandra, Adriana, Doutzen, Behati and now newcomers.

I loved the stage, it worked having the platforms and rising spots. The camera angles were pretty good as well given it was live. The crowd cheering audio was annoying given you can see them on their phone bored.

The outfits were okay but that’s what they were selling so its understandable, I appreciate them a bit more since there wasn’t much that over the top ultracolored ethnic themes Sophia used to go for.

Wings were ok, new ones a bit simple and stiff but they tried. Wish they used better wings when rehashing them from previous shows. The best were the black ones Joan wore. They fit in perfectly.

Music worked well, enjoyed Lisa more than I thought. Cher did well for what it was. Tyla was cute. Glad they toned down the cheesy poses.

Overall a good show. Wish we had more backstage pics and scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OhHellMel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->