Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2024

A few loose thoughts:

I'm happy that VSFS is back but it was not memorable for me.
It might be a "new era" for them, but it lacked some magic and celebration. I think VS should stick to what it is. Some of you appreciated the less costumey outfits, and I agree in some way, but I feel like this is precisely what defines VS. We already have the Etam show for a less circus-like looking show. VS is all about fantasy and it it what was missing here. The stage didn't help I guess. It was too wide, too simple that it looked empty.

Imaan is a superstar. Gigi's opening was forgettable. She looked plain compared to Imaan who came out right after her and shone like a star. Imaan should've opened the show, definitely.
I feel like the focus was more on the new faces rather than the regulars. The former angels were overlooked, I barely noticed some of them...

Candice never changes, she always serves and her body, phew. She is such a bombshell. She looked annoyed though?
Happy to see Andreea Diaconu after all the years she's worked for them!
Vika Evseeva reminded me of Dorothea Barth Jorgensen.
Also always happy to see Liu Wen, she is a favorite of mine but she didn't look like herself here and it's a pity.
I liked the new girls like Blesnya Minher, Awar Odhiang, Jessica Aina, Xu Wei, Anthi Fakidari. They looked really good!
Also loved to see Eva Herzigova and even Carla Bruni, which was unexpected. I can imagine how happy Nicolas was ahah.

The first segment lacked energy. I felt like no one was into it yet. The other segments were ok but you could just feel it was different than the usual shows. The finale was very short. I don't like when two models walk at the same time as you can't see both very well. I can't recall seeing all the models. The performers did good though! Tyla's strut was just a little over the top.

Vittoria got such a special treatment for a first timer, it was almost ridiculous. Even Rianne I'd say. Two outfits, and opening/closing segments. While other regulars (Jasmine, Josephine, Joan... got only one outfit and went almost unnoticed!).

I'm surprised Elsa Hosk wasn't there.

I liked it but was it worth to stay up till 3 AM? No it was not. They created a lot of hype over nothing

I see everywhere that when a picture of Tyra is posted, many people are outraged and bring up her disgraceful attitude during the filming of ANTM toward models who, at the time, she considered not to be of the desired sizes. Now that she walks the runway when she herself is not that skinny anymore.
I had forgotten about it and tbh I didn’t really watch ANTM, and I was really excited to see Tyra, but the public is mad......

I liked it but was it worth to stay up till 3 AM? No it was not. They created a lot of hype over nothing
As always, I just saw the 10 minutes scrolling every 5 seconds lol.
I totally agree with Valentine27, the reason VS sold was because of the fantasy shows that were unattainable. People don't want to see reality, after all reality is one of the most boring things, we wanted to see fantasy. I miss the 2000s when the VS and HF girlies were divided from one another, HF girlies (most of them) have no charisma on a HF runway, VS girlies make the difference. Imaan deserved to open not Gigi.

I see everywhere that when a picture of Tyra is posted, many people are outraged and bring up her disgraceful attitude during the filming of ANTM toward models who, at the time, she considered not to be of the desired sizes. Now that she walks the runway when she herself is not that skinny anymore.
I had forgotten about it and tbh I didn’t really watch ANTM, and I was really excited to see Tyra, but the public is mad......
And she looked straight from RuPaul's drag race

no one told tyra that were not doing that anymore

its like when the whole class decided not to tell her that dress up day got cancelled.

I saw an interview with someone who was on the costume design team said Tyra was really picky. She didn’t feel comfortable with any of the costumes, and they really worked hard to please her lol

Imagine having Rianne instead of Angelina Kendall, Bibi Breslin or even Stella Hanan...PGDM mafia strikes again.
I am sure PGDM asked for those girls but I can imagine they are way too early into their high fashion career to already be doing VSFS it would not make sense for them right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karolina P
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->