Siri Tollerod
Masha Novoselova
Toni Garnn
Viviane Orth
Karlie Kloss
Timoxa Timishenko
Pilar Solchaga

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Sheila Marquez? I definitely count her among last season's starlets, but this IS her first full season, and you never know with style.com...

I think Meghan and Siri are virtual locks no matter what, because of all the hype and drama. Look at Georgia. She didn't exactly rock the runway last season, but still made the list thanks to pre-season buzz and campaigns...

And Toni. Sure, Natalia was unavailable, but Toni's the new queen. She opened AND closed Calvin Klein. As a brand new face. That's bigger than opening and closing Prada...

I'd love to see Jourdan Dunn on the list, but that's more of wishful thinking. She did rather poorly in Europe in last season...

09.14.07 QUICK PICKS: INNA PILIPENKO
The icy Russian stormed New York but just wait until Europe comes around
091307angus1xlna3.jpg

Inna Pilipenko (Supreme)
Inna arrived in New York for the first time only four weeks ago and took no time to make her mark as one of New York's breakout girls. What struck me at our first casting was her silent intensity and drive. It is this coupled with her special blend of feline beauty and grace that has seen her walk for Richard Chai, Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang, Ohne Titel, and Rodarte. A real runway star in the making who should really appeal to the Europeans, especially in Milan.

Photography Angus Munro Casting
POSTED BY ANGUS MUNRO
vmagazine.com

09.09.07 QUICK PICKS: TARYN DAVIDSON
Angus Munro finds that the stunning Canadian harkens back to supermodel glory days
091007angusXL.jpg

Taryn Davidson (DNA)
I saw Taryn at my Preen casting four days ago and immediately penciled her in for all of my New York shows. This stunning 16-year-old from Brooklin (that's Brooklin, Ontario), is every bit a star of the future. Tall and elegent with a face that harks back to the days of Kelly LeBrock and the Vogue covers of the '80s. Unfortunately for us but fortunately for her, Calvin Klein took an exclusive on her, so watch out for her in their show on Tuesday.

POSTED BY ANGUS MUNRO

The new faces casting at Jil Sander was terribly disappointing...

Much in tune with the let's-cast-this-girl-she-looks-dull-but-she's-with-Supreme-so-she-must-be-interesting kind of lineups so far...

Now I'm hoping to see some fresh, cool girls tonight at Praaada..!

Prada was fun..!

With so MANY new girls, though, I guess Prada will prove to be less significant for the outcome in Paris [and beyond]. At least compared to last season, when you pretty much knew that the PE's would make a killing in Paris...

But Adina should be a pretty safe bet to make the list now...

And I'm definitely watching this Ali Stephens girl, along with a few others from that rather eclectic Prada cast...

Kamila Filipcikova hit it big time yesterday with both Jil Sander and Prada..

Otherwise Taryn (second exclusive down!), Karlie (two more esclusives!), Toni (is she on a worldwide exclusive?) obviously scream major...

Then you have Inna, Lera, and the other Supremes that was at JS but somewhat surprisingly didn't show up at Prada...

Laura Blokhina is doing well too. And of course Siri, Meghan, and all the other ones I'm forgetting....

....plus the x number of girls that will pop up from nowhere to book the best Paris shows...

So many girls, so few spots. As usual...!

And how did I forget Heidi Mount?! She's everywhere...

I'm leaning towards.....

Erin Heatherton
Laura Blockhina
Adina
Lera Shermeta
Meghan Collison
Siri Tollerod
Flo Genarro
Toni Garrn
Karlie Kloss
Courtney Smerski

I'm not quite sure yet but I think they have quite a high chance.

Preliminary possibilities...

Adina - Self-explanatory
Anabela - Was completely overlooked last season -_-
Flo Genarro - Great showing in NY and London + Jil Sander exclusive
Kamila Filipcikova - Prada and Jil Sander is pretty sensational!
Karlie Kloss - CK + Gucci exclusives, one more in Paris
Laura Blokhina - Somewhat overlooked last season...cast in strong shows in London/Milan
Lera Sheremeta - Opened MJ...decent presence in Milan. We'll see when Paris comes along!
Masha Tyelna - Haha...I guess you could say she was overlooked last season B)
Sara Blomqvist - Exploded in London + Prada Exclusive
Siri Tollerod - Not the strongest debut ever, but definitely more than significant enough!
Taryn Davidson - CK + Jil Sander exclusives
Toni Garrn - CK (Ultra?) exclusive

Probably one or two more of the Prada girls (Or maybe Inna Pilipenko? Agnete? Heidi M -- but she's not exactly new?)...all is dependent on Paris now, it seems!

Overall the hype is much more spread out this time. Even the Prada newcomers number many more than expected. There is not Catherine-level buzz at all a la last season -- agencies are keeping their girls focused on certain goals only, and it's definitely strategy that's working well for most.

I'm keeping my eyes on Ksenia Kahnovich...I have a feeling that Paris will love her!

^I love Ksenia so much (This has been a great season for her so far!) -- but my only concern is that she has been around the major show weeks for as far back as FW05 :blink:

I think someone said this in her thread, though: Magdalena F and others were around for a few seasons before hitting it big.

and how old are the newcomers in general this season? 16? 17? 15?

^^I meant around the major city runway circuit :flower: Lara Stone also had a few years into her career before she made her NYC/Milan/Paris debuts (Circa FW06). Magdalena is the same (Her first shows in NYC were in SS07)! It's when you hit it big in those locations that Style.com takes notice...and by now Ksenia would've exceeded her timeframe, I would think -- she was already walking for designers like Nicole Farhi back in FW05 and on the Paris catwalks since SS06 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->