Predict Style.com's Top Ten New Faces for S/S 08

Oooh, lol, I see! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yeah, it sort of stinks. I still hope she can make it, though! She's always a star in my eyes :lol:

^Yes! I just recently noticed her myself...not sure why it took so long. Hopefully this mid-career additional attention will garner some good results for her! ^_^

It's hard to believe she's a Next Top Model winner, lol.

Speaking of Next Top Model contestants...

Am I the only one who's EXTREMELY irate that Sabina didn't walk in Milan? Does anybody know why?

I say Taryn Davidson. She had exclusives in New York and Milan. And will have one in Paris........she should be on the list!

^Yes! I just recently noticed her myself...not sure why it took so long. Hopefully this mid-career additional attention will garner some good results for her! ^_^

Same here! I did not know that she's been around so much longer...I seriously thought this was her first season :huh: Hmmm...well I am glad I and the designers have noticed her...I mean look at her at Versace...damn.

I haven't thought about my predictions yet, but I definitely will say Erin Heatherton will be on the list. She has to be!

Siri Tollerød is a lock for that list. She did well in both NY (Calvin Klein and Marc Jabocs ++) and Milan (Prada and Dolce & Gabbana ++), but she's been on fire in Paris. She done almost everything so far (Balenciaga, Christian Dior, Christian Lacroix, Yves Saint Laurent, Valentino, Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel, Alexander McQueen, ++)

Heidi Mount also seems so be doing well. So does Erin Heatherton. I'm not sure if Sheila Marquez will be considered as "new", since she was Gucci exclusive last season. Agnete Hegelund has also done well in Paris.

Also Adina F.,Toni Garrn and Taryn Davidson will probably make the list because of exclusives.

I don't think Meghan Collison will make the list. Her runway track for this season is not good compared to other newcomers. There's however no denying she's had the biggest print debut ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
This season is really difficult for me to make accurate predictions. First of all, there's been a real lack of carry over from last season's Top Ten, into this season. With the exception of Irina Kulikova, Kasia Struss, and Alyona Osmanova the rest of them have either been absent all together, or very sparse in their appearence. Given that, there has been such a wide opening left in the shows for more and more new girls to take their places. Secondly, exclusives really do not mean as much as they used to. It seems as if every house is trying to jump on the Prada bandwagon to create their image through model exclusives. Anyhow here's what I have at the moment, but damn is this going to be hard to call, especially when we consider who really counts as a new face.

The Hot List :woot::
Siri Tollerod: I'll be honest, I thought she stumbled out of the gate a bit in NYC, sans her Marc Jacobs and Calvin Klein appearences, but she made her mark at Prada, and is doing quite well in Paris. Certainly a lock!

Karlie Kloss: Making good on two exclusives instead of three might have been the best thing that has happened to her. After walking for Calvin Klein and Gucci (which was a lovely surprise), being accessable to all designers now has really given her that extra-sepcial boost going into Paris.

Taryn Davidson: She's in a very similar situation to Karlie, two exclusives at Calvin Klein and Jil Sander, and then mass and bluechip bookings in Paris. Incredible season and great potential.

The Watch List B:(
Lera Sheremeta: Opening Marc Jacobs can never hurt your career! Not to mention, when you go on to open Marni and walk for Jil Sander, you're bound to be sitting pretty. The only issue is, how well will she fair for the remainder of Paris. Oddly enough (as they dominated NYC), she's Supreme's best hope of making this list.

Adina Forizs: Its kind of bound to happen right? Prada openings make stars. I just naturally worry that there is less value now to that title, as so many other houses are opting for the exclusives. Still, there's a good shot she'll be there.

Ali Stephens: I'm throwing her name into the hat. Something about her just makes her, for me, more special than a lot of the other new exclusives at Prada. Not to mention that she's the only one thus far (and yes I know that means she's not a Miu Miu exclusive, and others might be) that has been able to transition that success into good, strong Paris shows (Givenchy & Balenciaga!).

The Watch List :ninja::
Meghan Collison: She's had a far better season than most new girls, but much like Georgia Frost last season, the hype has not transitioned into runway bookings. However, there's no denying that a Vogue Italia cover, and two resort campaigns is not promising. Personally, I think she'll be there, but I know many people don't have as much faith in that.

Toni Garrn: Yepper, a one year Calvin Klein exclusive contract. That's a huge deal. My worry with Toni is if she will be remembered in the next few weeks for the one show that she did so many weeks ago. If so, her's was the exclusive that seemed to really matter.

Kori Richardson: Another name I'm throwing into the hat. Virtually invisible in NYC, Jil Sander exclusive (I believe) in Milan, and now booking the most exclusive shows in Paris. Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen...certainly one of the best positioned IMG girls at this moment.

This is the first season that I really have to make a new list to organize and categorize the girls. It's for those who we are perpetually left questioning whether they should be considered new or not.

The 'How New Is New?' List :unsure::
Heidi Mount: Look brand new face, or a couple of random appearences a few seasons back, Heidi has had by far a breakout season. She positioned herself as a must have, and consequently outwalked every girl on the above lists in quality and quantity I believe. Will she be like Olga Sherer who 'broke through' last season, or Lara Stone who 'was newish'? My guess would be the latter.

Anabela Belikova: Poor Anabela! I love her. I thing she certainly deserves more attention that she has been given. However, that's what happens apparently when you live under the tidal wave of Kulikova. Unfortunately Irina won out last season, and its hard to tell if Anabela will end up like Alyona Osmanova did last season, or will she just never been named?

Masha Tyelna: In any other season, we would almost instantly throw Masha on this list. Still the debate remains as to whether or not she will be 'new' enough to be considered. Personally, I think if Toni makes the list, then Masha might end up being forgotten, though I certainly hope not.

Laura Blokhina: Again, another girl who appeared in Paris last season, but like those above, seemed to have skipped NYC only to appear full force in London and Milan (both adding up to 30 shows was it, Faith?) and again is storming through Paris. Certainly seems to be the best bet on this list, but again, is she new enough?

So you see the dilema right? I have no idea, but there are still some big shows in the next two days. Look for Chloe, Hermes, Galliano, Lanvin and Vuitton to help finalize the relative positions for most of the girls. However, its going to Nina Ricci's casting that will really be of importance, and of course Miu Miu for helping to narrow the concentration of Prada girls.

^Depends on the context in which you put it. In the grand scheme of things, not live or death. Still, its a constant reminder of which new faces did the 'best' in Style.com's eyes, and consequently the eyes of Vogue. So yah, I would say being on that list is important as it signifies Vogue approval. However, its not make or break.

Anyhow, this thread is always just for fun anyhow. Speculatory purposes and what not.

Oh wow cool I never knew that, I guess it is important then, but most of these new girls are not really Vogue US material, especially girls like Meghan and Adina (although they obviously have proven themselves in Vogue Italia), I don't think Wintour is ready to let go of Carolini Trentini. In any case I'd love to see Siri, Adina, Masha and Anabella and Heidi Mount. Toni is my favourite out of these new girls but all she's really done is open Calvin Klein. Vivian Orth won me over ages ago when she was in John Gallino's fall show.

I think it will most likely be....

Very High Chance.......

Karlie Kloss
Taryn Davidson
Meghan Collison
Siri Tollerod
Adina F
Lera Shermeta
Ali Stephens
Zuzanna Straska
Erin Heatherton
Laura Blockhina
Toni Garn
Heidi Mount

Wouldn't cross out.....

Tara Gill
Rachel Clark
Elsa Sylvan
Kori Richardson
Inna Pipplenko
Ksenia K

The biggest lock by far is Siri.. she is EVERYWHERE in paris and is often the only really new face at certain shows.

Could someone provide a link to last seasons top ten new faces by style.com? :smile:

Thanks. :smile:

How long before they will publish this season's list?

Last edited by a moderator:
The general rule is that they seem to be posted about a week to a week and a half after Style.com and W post their Top Ten Collections of the season. That takes a week or so onces the shows all wrap up anyhow.

Trust me, those two weeks are when speculation becomes nauseating and your list tends to fluctuate the more and more you reconsider things! :lol:

Mmm, it's so exciting, although I already know my top girl will be there. :D

But what is even more exciting is how the runway appearances will translate into campaigns .. But that's a whole other thread .. :wink:

Someone should start the SS08 campaign thread soon. The rumours and news start hitting the fan right after Paris, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddttss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->